Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough of the debate, Nate Diaz fans should thank Mcgregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conor is great. Get over it. He fought Diaz 25 pounds north of the weight class he has a belt in. The complete opposite happens with boxing's stars.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
      Ahhh the revisionism and rebuilding of Conor as the GOAT has begun again. Awesome......

Now the narrative is that Conor easily handled Nate this fight too?

You guys are too much, that's okay though if Conor does go up to LW and fights the elite he'll have another loss within a year for you guys to make up a whole new narrative of how "he dominated him.... Until".

And if Nate is a gatekeeper/journeymen then Conor losing to him even once means that he isn't what you guys all thought he was.
      I watched the fight a few times now.. Conor clearly won 3-2 and honestly looked like he was taking time off at times so he didn't burn out. On his feet he did dominate Nate who is meant to be a fantastic boxer/striker.. Nate was forced to go for takedowns and stall against the fence because he was outclassed at range

Nate is a good fighter not gonna be champion ever but what he is is an extremely hard match up for Conor..

Iron chin.. Cardio for days.. longer.. bigger

Alvarez/Rda are far smaller then Nate and if Conor were to hit them with the kind of shots Naate took I doubt they last the first two..

He just needs to keep away from the Russian/Kazak

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        I watched the fight a few times now.. Conor clearly won 3-2 and honestly looked like he was taking time off at times so he didn't burn out. On his feet he did dominate Nate who is meant to be a fantastic boxer/striker.. Nate was forced to go for takedowns and stall against the fence because he was outclassed at range

Nate is a good fighter not gonna be champion ever but what he is is an extremely hard match up for Conor..

Iron chin.. Cardio for days.. longer.. bigger

Alvarez/Rda are far smaller then Nate and if Conor were to hit them with the kind of shots Naate took I doubt they last the first two..

He just needs to keep away from the Russian/Kazak
        I think RDA would get wrecked by Connor to be honest, but I'd give Alvarez a pretty decent shot at beating Conor.

Comment

McGregor will knock Dos Anjos and Alvarez out in the 1st, I have no doubt about that.

Khabib is the problem for the guys at 155.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            McGregor will knock Dos Anjos and Alvarez out in the 1st, I have no doubt about that.

Khabib is the problem for the guys at 155.
            At 155 Conor has the ability to become the champion but he won't be dominant. Against guys such as Khabib, Alvarez, RDS and Nate he will be in "50/50" fights and even against Cerrone and Pettis etc he would have his work cut out for him. At featherweight Conor is very hard to beat. At lightweight he is for sure a title contender but he won't dominate a division like some other fighters have done over the years like Mighty Mouse, Jones, Silva and GSP.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
              At 155 Conor has the ability to become the champion but he won't be dominant. Against guys such as Khabib, Alvarez, RDS and Nate he will be in "50/50" fights and even against Cerrone and Pettis etc he would have his work cut out for him. At featherweight Conor is very hard to beat. At lightweight he is for sure a title contender but he won't dominate a division like some other fighters have done over the years like Mighty Mouse, Jones, Silva and GSP.
              I honestly think only Khabib is the difficult guy at 155.

Seeing McGregor go 5 rounds at 170 against a huge, tough and high motor Diaz made me very confident that McGregor is the man to beat at 145 or 155....if he can drop a 170+lb Diaz 3 times and take his shots then these little guys are going to have serious problems.

I would pick McGregor to beat RDA and Alvarez comfortably, those guys won't stand up to the power shots that Diaz did...I don't think Cowboy lasts 3 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                I said "might." However, Conor's win isnt walk in the park. 3rd and 5th round was killer for Diaz.
                watch again. 5th round was dead even until the takedown diaz secured with 10 seconds left.

diaz dominated the third. that's it.

connor dominated 1,2, and 4th

Comment

Cowboy blows hot and cold. On a good day he could test Conor at 155. I would pick Khabib over Conor. I see RDA and Alvarez as 50/50 fights. At the end of the day the fans are the winners because unlike in boxing - we will actually see the best face the best. Conor won't duck any challenge so kudos to him. We will see some good fights at 155.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
                    I'm not a Diaz fanboy, so gtfo with that ****. I'm talking about MMA fanboys (probably you, tbh maybe not with Conor tho) who jump on everyone being the GOAT after like a few good fights.

BTW he main evented for the LW belt against Bendo. Lost but still fought in the main event.
                    I forgot that fight. Probably because that fight was very forgettable wherein Bendo looked like he was just fighting a street thug.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                      I forgot that fight. Probably because that fight was very forgettable wherein Bendo looked like he was just fighting a street thug.

Comment

Working...
                      X