Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In b4 divine fairy tale

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
      Thanks, gonna read it later. Evidently Haymon has been meeting with lawyers to defend against the Ali Act

Comment

Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
        Wow, looks like Oscar is really going to try and make life for Haymon hell. Can't blame him for the shat they tried to pull.
        neither can I. I thought they'd try to go after him for breach of contract or tortious interference with a contract.

Im not really clear on what standing they have to sue under Ali Act. I assumed it would be used by a fighter not a rival promoter

Comment

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
          I don't see this going anywhere. Haymon is an "advisor". His fighters have their own managers and GYM, Dibella, Warriors, etc. are the promoters.

He's maneuvered his way around it.
          Some of his better known guys dont have promoters that I know of: Garcia, Peterson, Broner, Thurman, Guerrero, Lara etc. Doubt Chavez is a licensed promoter in the US either

Comment

lmao @ COO confirming violations.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Some of his better known guys dont have promoters that I know of: Garcia, Peterson, Broner, Thurman, Guerrero, Lara etc. Doubt Chavez is a licensed promoter in the US either
              DiBella promoted Garcia vs Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                they dont need to have promoters as long as promoters are the ones that carry out their events. i read the article, im not convinced this is gonna do much.

Comment

The sad part of all the outrage !!! none is from a actual fighter!!! non athletic people have no clue seriously!!! Al Haymon dis, Bob Arum that , golden boy promotion that!!! Hell I just like to see the fighters get what they deserve !! Some of you guys really don't know nothing about Boxing!!

Comment

Originally posted by CTC JOHNNY View Post
                    The sad part of all the outrage !!! none is from a actual fighter!!! not atletic people have no clue seriously!!! Al Haymon dis, Bob Arum that , golden boy promotion that!!! Hell I just like to see the fighters get what they deserve !! Some of you guys really don't know nothing about Boxing!!
                    yea, a lot of ppl around here have pretty much turned their backs on pbc fighters, its absurd but its clearly true, say what u want about haymon but what he put together is nothing short of amazing.

Comment

This is not surprising and very easy to predict the outcome

This was inevitable because without being granted some dumb technicality that Haymon will pursue, Haymon has broken the Ali Act for the past couple years. Al Haymon will claim, like several Ali Act cases in the past, to be, technically, a promotor; or with Golden Boy, as a technical "co-promoter", even though it is untrue. The case will definitely be in Golden Boy’s favor, as the case is legitimate, which will lead to a settlement which will probably be millions of dollars.

Book it.
                      by The Art of Boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X