Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Owners, how much do you save after all the bills are paid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Owners, how much do you save after all the bills are paid?

Whats up fellas, ladies..

I rarely post, let alone visit the lounge but I was curious.

If you own a home, after the mortgage, bills (water, electric, heat, insurance, phones etc), food, etc, how much do you end up saving monthly..

I'm in the process of moving out and did some calculations and its just mind blowing how much life really is, without mom and pops..

After its all said and done, I'd save anywhere from a few hundred to a thousand monthly after all the bills are paid..

I'm not asking for your salary numbers, but a rough estimate of what you save as a household monthly..

Thanks in advance

Saving varies month to month, year to year. There so many added expenses to owning a home. Not only counting endless repairs and maintenance.

Always extra expenses!

Comment

Sometimes if u get good terms on a loan, your monthly mortgage payment could be considerably less than rent..

None of your other bills will change, and some might go up like energy, and def insurance and maintence costs go up.. Plus property taxes...

Homeownership is a long term investment. As each mortgage payment builds up your equity, whereas rent, your just gaining access for a month..

Comment

I don't really call it savings but more like emergency money, something always comes up around the house that needs to be fixed or upgraded. The pocket money I get from the second home half gets put away to fix whatever breaks in that house the other half is for vacation

Comment

a ton.

condo association for the win. i'm going to try and pull the trigger on my second unit this winter.

Comment

I don't save a bean. I live like a rock star, I have no kids doe.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              a ton.

condo association for the win. i'm going to try and pull the trigger on my second unit this winter.
              a condo definitely fits a single man but once you find the right girl and have little baby New England's with cute little biceps ruining all around s home is a must

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                a condo definitely fits a single man but once you find the right girl and have little baby New England's with cute little biceps ruining all around s home is a must

little biceps?

n#### when i was a toddler i had hands and arms like a grown ass man, and worked a full time job shoveling coal.

Comment

little biceps?

n#### when i was a toddler i had hands and arms like a grown ass man, and worked a full time job shoveling coal.

Comment

little biceps?

What were you shoveling coal for?

Comment

Working...
                    X