No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burner © View Post
    Im not getting into a Floyd ducked Pac debate. Im just not. Its been done to death. People said he ducked Cotto for years the second he dropped Arum the fight was signed in 2 weeks. So meh whatever.

JMM beat Pac 3 times already imo. So I dont see how he stole his career defining win. Hell on the cards Bradley just "beat" him. So that fight has been losing its luster.
    definitely, i agree regarding the duck debate as well. i just scratch my head how someone can turn down the biggest payday of his career over testing. especially if he had the ability to box him to death... but like i said, pac was invincible at the time, so i understand team floyd's lack of interest. lets put it that way... and for the record, pac holds the same amount of blame as well for refusing a simple test.

being honest, i was a HUGE "pretty boy" floyd fan... but wasnt really a fan of "money" may. but i have no doubt that if floyd wouldve been the one to KO pac, the boxing world wouldve exploded. and all the floyd boys would be shrieking in joy. it wouldve sealed the deal on floyd's career & legacy, IMO... i feel like floyd is in limbo.... he needs something captivating to end his career. KO over pac was the moment, and jmm beat him to it. period.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      And as for the whole "who ducked who" thing... I am convinced that neither man REALLY wanted to get in the ring with the other man. Both were a threat to the other, and neither one was really anxious to put their legacy on the line to see who was better.

Just another example of how much boxing has fallen from the "old days".
      i agree with this. thats why i dont think both guys compare to the fighters from those days.

resume, foes, accomplishments are very comparable... it becomes personally preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        pac is greater than floyd of course for now but it depends on what floyd is prepared to do and how much his legacy reallly means to him.

when his ability goes he might find he wish he did more cos once you decline thats it,, no more if only i did this or that.

Cos if guys like bradley took years off and fought as little as floyd, he wouuld be seen as a joke if people claimed he was the best so i judge floyd like i would anyone who dared act like floyod.
        your history on NSB suggests otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          pac is greater than floyd of course for now but it depends on what floyd is prepared to do and how much his legacy reallly means to him.

when his ability goes he might find he wish he did more cos once you decline thats it,, no more if only i did this or that.

Cos if guys like bradley took years off and fought as little as floyd, he wouuld be seen as a joke if people claimed he was the best so i judge floyd like i would anyone who dared act like floyod.
          Speaking of Bradley, do u know that he went on a hiatus when everyone claimed he was ducking Amir Khan, before he eventually joined Top Rank. Now look at Bradley, he hasnt fought since June and doesnt even have a fight lined up.... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            No.

I'm not a fanboy of either fighter. Mayweather's accomplished more, has a better resume, and is a more skilled fighter.

Both are top 50 P4P all time in my book, but Floyd ranks just a little higher IMO.

And as for the whole "who ducked who" thing... I am convinced that neither man REALLY wanted to get in the ring with the other man. Both were a threat to the other, and neither one was really anxious to put their legacy on the line to see who was better.

Just another example of how much boxing has fallen from the "old days".
            You may have convinced yourself of that, but I suspect that is not the truth. Fact is, Pac wanted the fight but Floyd put too many pre-conditions on it because Floyd simply didn't want it at that time. It's as simple as that. It was a smooth dodge. Maybe now that Pac is showing signs of slowing down, Floyd will want to fight.

Comment

• Lamotta beating Robinson is better than anything on Pac and Floyd's resume combined but who is higher ATG?

Anyone wanting to seriously list these guys need to cough up a list of where and why because I highly doubt they can.

They are both first ballot HOFers so who cares

Comment

• IMO Pacman is ahead because he won titles from flyweight up to 154.

That is why for me. Though Floyd is ATG too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                  It looks like people have gone insane after the Pac KO. lol He's not greater than Mayweather!!
                  Why would you even take someone who says that seriously? These peoople live in their own world.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                    Lamotta beating Robinson is better than anything on Pac and Floyd's resume combined but who is higher ATG?

Anyone wanting to seriously list these guys need to cough up a list of where and why because I highly doubt they can.

They are both first ballot HOFers so who cares
                    At the time, Lamotta and Robinson looked just like our guys look to us. We can't disrespect them, but word of mouth from the old geezers tends to make the time of the old geezers seem extraordinary. Its human nature.

All it takes is some examination of the old black and whites to see that LaMotta and Robinson were just human beings that put on their pants in the morning just like the rest of us. Great fighters...Yes...but not gods. Angelo Dundee (an old geezer) got honest a few years ago and said, "Julio Cesar Chavez is the toughest fighter he's ever seen, bar none." Angelo knew both Robinson and LaMotta and he trained Ali.

IJS

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
                      At the time, Lamotta and Robinson looked just like our guys look to us. We can't disrespect them, but word of mouth from the old geezers tends to make the time of the old geezers seem extraordinary. Its human nature.

All it takes is some examination of the old black and whites to see that LaMotta and Robinson were just human beings that put on their pants in the morning just like the rest of us. Great fighters...Yes...but not gods. Angelo Dundee (an old geezer) got honest a few years ago and said, "Julio Cesar Chavez is the toughest fighter he's ever seen, bar none." Angelo knew both Robinson and LaMotta and he trained Ali.

IJS
                      No. I know Floyd and Pac are not even close to being on Robinson's level. Floyd may be defensively but neither are in a combination of offense/Defense, let alone when it comes to resume.

and I have watched every Lamotta fight available and know his resume, and guess what? Floyd and Pac rank higher, and most here would agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X