No announcement yet.

Mike Jones should move up to 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Jones should move up to 154

I think he out grew the WW division a few fights ago TBH.

Not making excuses because I have very little love for Mike Jones.

Always thought Brook would kill him.

But he has such a large frame and 154 could give him some more pop.

His punch choice and overall technique was a face-palm throughout the fight. And the fact that he kept lunging in, choosing not to set up his power shots was just.....wow rofl. He was throwing that lead left hook with reckless abandon, and he looked foolish in certain moments when Bailey would move out of range. He needs to learn how to gauge distance better and use his reach effectively.

He should move up to 154, he'll probably trust his punch resistance and conditioning more if he doesn't have to drain himself.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      His punch choice and overall technique was a face-palm throughout the fight. And the fact that he kept lunging in, choosing not to set up his power shots was just.....wow rofl. He was throwing that lead left hook with reckless abandon, and he looked foolish in certain moments when Bailey would move out of range. He needs to learn how to gauge distance better and use his reach effectively.

He should move up to 154, he'll probably trust his punch resistance and conditioning more if he doesn't have to drain himself.
      He looked like he just got done watching a Bailey KO reel on youtube.

He fought like a man afraid. You can't let him know you fear his right hand.

Comment

Bump.....He also might need a new trainer. That footwork was horrible.

Comment

Yeah he probably should.

That said he's just a mediocre boxer,he won't amount to anything.

Comment

I felt sorry for Mike Jones.

That KO was brutal. Then the blood gushing out his nose made things worse. I was like damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Paccgod
              he canīt beat Cotto, Canelo, Mayweather , so no
              So? Plenty of other beatable opponents at 154. He could beat K9 and give Rosado and give guys and Vanes a run for there money.

Comment

Originally posted by Paccgod
                you dont know S**** about boxing
                Than enlighten me troll.

Comment

Mike Jones should find a new style. That cautious style will get him knocked out by punchers 9 out of 10 times. His chin is not very good. So big, yet fights so scared. If you're scared you're gonna get knocked out. You learn that the hard way, you can't fight scared. You gotta go in there and fight intelligently yes, but also want to knock the other guys head off his shoulders. Jones just went in there, with his big for nothing frame, got knocked out.

Props to Lorily for calling it. Not the exact KO, but Jones being nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Bump.....He also might need a new trainer. That footwork was horrible.
                    I never truly paid attention to Mike Jones, but damn man lol. He was just a 147 guy in the background fighting guys to get his resume up. I knew Mike Jones as, the tall dude who belongs at a heavier weight-class lmao. Now the first fight I actually watch of his, and he has this kind of performance? talk about a mediocre first impression. It seems like he went into cruise control at one point, and that first knockdown woke him up. But by that time, it was a little too late for him to do anything about it. Bailey got a taste of confidence and said "**** it".

Can someone make a GIF of Bailey's uppercut when it lands on MJ, that was a brutal visual. The HBO crew was basically foreshadowing that moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X