Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Torres is not a p4p fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoki lost to Sakurai both times they fought and both times it was at 167 not 155. The first fight was a close one and in all honesty I didn't think either man did enough to win. Both guys were passive in their attacks. Hayato did more on the feet the few moments it was there. He tried to chop away inside Aoki's guard but to no avail. And Aoki tried for one submission right at the beginning and pretty much did the same as Sakurai on the ground when he got on top. Personally, I saw it as a draw.

Comment

Then why doesnt he just fight lightweights? He would be extremely comfortable because its his natural weight. He is also pretty big in size. Not just in height but overall size he is pretty big. He has the technical ability to beat top lightweights. The dude has sharp punches, mix that with his reach and power. He has all the attributes to destroy the lightweight division in any organization. So, I dont understand the choice of fighting bantamweights. I just dont get it. Which is why I dont agree with the choice of him being a p4p fighter. If he was fighting Lightweights, or at the very least Featherweights. I wouldn't have even made this thread.

Shinya loss the first fight? I could have sworn he won. I watched it and could have sworn he won with the submission late in the match. I gotta watch it again. Maybe I missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        Where are you getting this information from? All sources I've read say that he walks around only 10 pounds over his natural fighting weight of 135. Just because he's tall for the division does not automatically mean that he has to cut weight. I also have read that he doesn't cut weight by starving or rubber suit. He just spars to drop the extra 10 lbs.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...=6388&zoneid=3
        Again, why do you keep saying that his natural weight is 155? You have no grounds for this claim. Doesn't matter anyway. The divisions have no stipulations about height. He makes 135 without problems, you're the only one who seems to have a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Shinya loss the first fight? I could have sworn he won. I watched it and could have sworn he won with the submission late in the match. I gotta watch it again. Maybe I missed something.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
            Again, why do you keep saying that his natural weight is 155? You have no grounds for this claim. Doesn't matter anyway. The divisions have no stipulations about height. He makes 135 without problems, you're the only one who seems to have a problem with it.
            my bad. I misread. I thought you meant 20 pounds. Misread. I guess thats what happens when you are constantly thinking about one thing. lol

I find it hard to believe that he walks 145. Extremely hard to find that truthful. Also, its not that I have problems with him making weight. I have a problem with him being so big and killing dudes that are soooooooo small. Thats the problem I have with it. Torres is bigger than me and im a lightweight at 5'9" - 5'10".

Comment

vastly outweights his opponents?? come on bro gather the info then bust on torres but in reality u wont find anything to back u up.....and better opposition?? it doesn't get any better than last nights war bro.....

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                my bad. I misread. I thought you meant 20 pounds. Misread. I guess thats what happens when you are constantly thinking about one thing. lol

I find it hard to believe that he walks 145. Extremely hard to find that truthful. Also, its not that I have problems with him making weight. I have a problem with him being so big and killing dudes that are soooooooo small. Thats the problem I have with it. Torres is bigger than me and im a lightweight at 5'9" - 5'10".
                He doesn't look that big though. Yeah, he's tall but he is skinny as hell! The guys he fights normally look bigger even though they are shorter. I read an article on him in Fight! magazine and they said the same thing there, that he does not have to cut much weight at all.

Regardless, you may have your wish soon enough as he has been talking about moving up to 155 so he can fight in UFC for more money.

Comment

torres-faber is gonna be huge!!!

Comment

I can't believe this thread exists. I guess it was only a matter of time before people started hating on the guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X