This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    I wouldn't say Wenger did too bad. For the past 2 years I think Arsenal have finally started trying to win again. Failed at it but trying.

Because since Nasri and them lot left, wasn't the whole MO of Arsenal was to sale all of their top players, without buying outstanding player fees, to generate revenue to be "self sufficient" or "get out of debt" since the Emirates? Of the last what? 5 years?

With that said though, if you look at the typical run of Jose Mourinho. You're already 1/3 of the way to Jose's swan song season and have won minor trophies. You better hope next season Jose wins the league or CL. If he wins neither, it's all over. 3rd season collapse. It's the Jose way.
    What about the previous 10 years?

Not sure if your joking either? That FA cup win papered over the cracks big time.. the Arsenal squad look ready to down tools 3/4 of the season

They were awful in the league and CL lets be honest, they have gradually got worse season by season
    Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 06-01-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
      A loaf of bollocks. Your stadium is always empty.
      Season ticket holders choosing not to show up. City still take their money.

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post

What a piss poor effort at deflecting the attention away from City trying to buy the league, again.

''Oh its okay if we outspend everyone else in the league by a billion quid coz we pay 30m less in wages''

At least be man enough to admit Pep is trying to buy the league. It'll be funny as **** if they don't win it next year, if its true they're actually gonna spend the figures being thrown about then anything less than the league and CL double will be a disgraceful season, but knowing City fans you'll be happy with a top 3 finish and being embarrassed, again and as usual, in Europe.
      Calm down. It's no wonder Milner signed for you lot with that mega pay pack you obviously gave him.

But but but the figures they printed must be wrong!

You'd be signing top players too if they actually wanted to sign for you mate. No need to take it out on me cos you can only attract C list names.

Where's all that fruit that the new stand is bearing?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        What about the previous 10 years?

Not sure if your joking either? That FA cup win papered over the cracks big time.. the Arsenal squad look ready to down tools 3/4 of the season

They were awful in the league and CL lets be honest, they have gradually got worse season by season
        I won't say you're wrong. You're very right.

But their whole operations was to just survive around the top 4 and dismantle the starting XI for 10 years.

For people like us, no trophies and finishing 4th is rather uninspiring but to the suits at Arsenal, that was probably their goal and why Wenger has stayed. Player sales, get out of the new stadium debt, and finish top 4 to remain relevant. Until all footballing debt is abolished.

Honestly Arsenal's suits probably never tell Wenger to win a trophy. Just finish 4th. So when he does, it's just icing on the cake to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
          Calm down. It's no wonder Milner signed for you lot with that mega pay pack you obviously gave him.

But but but the figures they printed must be wrong!

You'd be signing top players too if they actually wanted to sign for you mate. No need to take it out on me cos you can only attract C list names.

Where's all that fruit that the new stand is bearing?
          So wait, Milner left City to join us coz of the pay pack we gave him!? Not coz of the game time? Yeah ok lad

Oh and the new stand is bearing significant fruit, haven't you heard the news? The Egyptian Messi is all but done, with only the t's to be crossed and i's to be dotted remaining. Not to mention Hamez Rodriguez and Douglas Costa to be announced any day soon.

City doe, are a proper joke. I mean offering £40m+ for left backs no ones ever heard of and £115m+ for Mbappe ffs!? Outspend everyone else by about £500m then be happy with 3rd place and being bent over in Europe

Comment

• El Fenomeno is the very definition of a fair weather supporter. Nowhere to be seen if Sheiky lose a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
              El Fenomeno is the very definition of a fair weather supporter. Nowhere to be seen if Sheiky lose a game.
              Coming from the ****ney Liverpool supporter.

Comment

• Did squealpiggy pop his clogs?

The old man goes awol every season it looks like City wont win the league

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                I won't say you're wrong. You're very right.

But their whole operations was to just survive around the top 4 and dismantle the starting XI for 10 years.

For people like us, no trophies and finishing 4th is rather uninspiring but to the suits at Arsenal, that was probably their goal and why Wenger has stayed. Player sales, get out of the new stadium debt, and finish top 4 to remain relevant. Until all footballing debt is abolished.

Honestly Arsenal's suits probably never tell Wenger to win a trophy. Just finish 4th. So when he does, it's just icing on the cake to them.
                As a business they are great.. as a football club.. absolutely horrible the past 12 years

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
                  Coming from the ****ney Liverpool supporter.
                  You met my mate Stanley?
                  Last edited by The Ox; 06-02-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Why do newspapers always talk about swap deals?

That Zlatan/Eto'o swap is the only deal I can ever remember actually happening.

It nonsense.

Clubs care less about transfer fees than fans think. They pay them off over the duration of these long contracts. Even Torres ultimately cost Chelsea £10 million a season. But what Chelsea won't have enjoyed is paying him £175,000 a week and then subsidising his wages at AC Milan and then Atletico.

So what financial sense does a swap make? In a financial year the clubs wouldn't be able to tag a transfer fee onto their profits and appease creditors.

No top players will ever be swapped. Ever again.

It is all about the wages. It has always been about the wages!

The team that pays the most in wages traditionally wins the league and has been the case until very recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      I wouldn't say Wenger did too bad. For the past 2 years I think Arsenal have finally started trying to win again. Failed at it but trying.

Because since Nasri and them lot left, wasn't the whole MO of Arsenal was to sale all of their top players, without buying outstanding player fees, to generate revenue to be "self sufficient" or "get out of debt" since the Emirates? Of the last what? 5 years?

With that said though, if you look at the typical run of Jose Mourinho. You're already 1/3 of the way to Jose's swan song season and have won minor trophies. You better hope next season Jose wins the league or CL. If he wins neither, it's all over. 3rd season collapse. It's the Jose way.
                      And don't forget,he brought jose beautiful attacking football to united,so exciting to watch them play

Comment

Working...
                      X