Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great fight.
    AJ growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      Was trying to explain this yesterday. Joshua was likely "gassed" due to a combination of adrenaline (I think the excitement from celebrating the knockdown made him dizzy) and taking those shots right after.

It wasn't a conditioning issue at all. Although he could stand to lose 5 lbs or so.
      I am going to assume you mean dropping muscle and not fat for AJ. He could remove his gall bladder, spleen, kidney, and appendix, I suppose

Large muscly bodies tend to gas quicker after adrenaline. ATP transport is much harder if you are fueling many large muscles.

Comment

Wow, Klitschko didn't land a single punch in the 11th round lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
          How did the idiotic judges give Joshua any round from 6 - 10?

Boxing judges are the worst.
          9 could have easily be scored even...10 joshua won it....probably a point between them either way up to the 11th and then it wouod have a 10-7 round to joshua....he closed the ****in show so behave mongo

Comment

THIS.. I have not seen the scorecards (any1 have a link?), but I had Wlad ahead at the stoppage. Boxing is SO corrupt. We should go back to endless rounds, so we do not have to let old senile pocket-padded MF-ers scoring. These guys/gals have a hard time ADDING. You ever see the chicken scratch they turn in???

Comment

Originally posted by BoxngLove View Post
              I am going to assume you mean dropping muscle and not fat for AJ. He could remove his gall bladder, spleen, kidney, and appendix, I suppose

Large muscly bodies tend to gas quicker after adrenaline. ATP transport is much harder if you are fueling many large muscles.
              I'm definitely referring to his muscle mass.

When I saw the replay of him jumping in excitement after the first knockdown I knew that's what was going on.

He could spare a few calories and focus on hydration going forward to try and combat this issue (although without being in his camp I wouldn't know for sure).

Comment

Joshua won rounds 9 and 10 the way he was backing wlad up they both stopped throwing punches filler rounds.
                Last edited by A.K; 04-30-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxngLove View Post
                  He did not get gassed from being arm weary... The difference was the monster uppercut that Wlad landed and the subsequent knockdown. AJ's legs were not under him until after round 7. Without legs you cannot throw a hard punch.

53 punches in a round is NOT a lot. The AVG is ~40 for HW. Aside from the drama in rds 5-7, this fight was very, very low in activity.
                  AJ was breathing threw his mouth as early as round 3, watch the fight and you'll see his jaw hanging open exposing his white mouthpiece. My guess is it had to do with his weight gain, he gained 7lbs of muscle since his last fight and didn't give his body time to adapt to it.

Once AJ was laboring it left him open to Wlad's shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    It's much better it finished with the stoppage.
                    I feel it would be a controversial decision and it would put an ugly mark on a beauty.

Although Wlad lost, I feel like this is close to perfect way to finish the ATG career. On his feet, getting up twice against the massive puncher and giving it all.
                    I agree he should retire.

Comment

Wlad fought bums for 12 years till the Fury and Joshua tests

From 2005 on the fraud Wlad fought nobodies and bums making a false record and a fake reputation as a heavy champion. What a hoot.
                      2005-Peter-Bryd -Brock-Austin-Brewster-Igbragimov-Thompson-Rahman-Chageav-Peter again- Mormeck-Haye-Thompson again-Wach the robot-Pianeta-Povetkin-Leapea-Pulev-Jennings- pretty much all bums with 2 peter wins and 2 tony T wins. Who the hell was any good. Wlad is a fake champ who was never really tested till the end. Wlad was an average tall gangly heavy with average skills beating on bums making a fake rep. FACT. So glad to see Fury and Joshua pop that fraud's fake phony bubble of pseudo greatness and bring that communist back to reality and then shame. WlaD WILL now go down as a stiff who fought nobody good.

Comment

Working...
                      X