Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: 'Triple L' Golovkin Came Up Short, I'd Work Him Over!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
    LOL outside of N.America no one knows who the hell PBF is, Pacquaio's name is known world wide.

o, k, then.....

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      another fair call

oh, except..... Floyd did tell Golovkin that if he beat Andre Ward then he would fight him

personally, I feel that was disingenuous..... because Mayweather knew that Golovkin would not fight Ward, let alone beat him.....

..... but no more disingenuous than some of the wild claims made by Golovkin
      That comment by Floyd was absolutely ridiculous and just sums him up to a tee.

I think Andre had moved up to LHW at that point. So he expected him to move up 2 divisions to fight Andre and then move back down 3 divisions to fight him? As if. Also: If (and it would have been a huge if) GG had done that, there's no way Floyd would have fought him.

Floyd is the king of BS.

If GG is so easy, fight him now and take all of the plaudits plus millions of dollars.

Anybody can talk about something they know's never going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        oh believe me, they have pondered it

it's really not that close
        In your opinion. You must say that. There is no absolutes. If it makes you feel better believing more think Floyd is greater go ahead and think that. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post

I think Andre had moved up to LHW at that point. So he expected him to move up 2 divisions to fight Andre and then move back down 3 divisions to fight him? As if. Also: If (and it would have been a huge if) GG had done that, there's no way Floyd would have fought him.

Floyd is the king of BS.

If GG is so easy, fight him now and take all of the plaudits plus millions of dollars.

If Floyd diudnt say he could beat him people wouldn't keep asking him to fight him.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post

Floyd is the king of BS.

ummm, Robert.....

Mayweather was being disingenuous

he was able to do so, because he is WELL-AWARE that Golovkin avoided Ward like the plague when Ward was campaigning at SMW

I am positive you know that

Floyd was almost as disingenuous as you were above

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
            The back-peddling master is actually spot on. GGG would not be able to touch Floyd...based on what we saw against Jacobs. But to say you would "work over" GGG is a bit of a stretch.
            The reason that GGG didn't do more against Jacobs had more to do with GGG giving Jacobs respect on his power. GGG would not have been fighting the same fight against Floyd. GGG would have walked Floyd down.

Floyd would try to stink up the joint as much as he can against GGG but just looking at previous fights of GGG, the probability is that GGG would eventually get to Floyd.

GGG looks slow but has a very good jab and seems to be able to get to relatively faster guys.

Comment

• may is my boy but damn. dont say shlt if youre gonna be doing shlt. we all know hes not going to unretire to prove this point.

Comment

LOL outside of N.America no one knows who the hell PBF is, Pacquaio's name is known world wide.
                You can't seriously believe this. It is pretty much impossible to know who one is without knowing the other.

Comment

what difference does it make ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    The reason that GGG didn't do more against Jacobs had more to do with GGG giving Jacobs respect on his power. GGG would not have been fighting the same fight against Floyd. GGG would have walked Floyd down.

Floyd would try to stink up the joint as much as he can against GGG but

just looking at previous fights of GGG, the probability is that GGG would eventually get to Floyd.

GGG looks slow but has a very good jab and seems to be able to get to relatively faster guys.

Which previous fights are you referencing that made you think GGGs slow motion shifting would catch Floyd's ELITE LEVEL footwork?

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

If Floyd diudnt say he could beat him people wouldn't keep asking him to fight him.
                      If you understood the situation of a retired 40yr legend that started at 130 being called out by a MW and then " being asked " the question after an average showing , if you understood that , you would then be not such a dumb fck , but seeing as you are a dumb fck carry on .

Comment

Working...
                      X