Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is having a great chin more detrimental to a boxers health?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    Julio Cesar Chavez, Duran, Jake Lamotta and George Chuvalo. All have lived very long healthy lives and have their brains in tact in old age. They have taken some heavy heavy punishment.

I honestly think it's race related. Most fighters with pugilistic dementia and CTE are black.
    Maybe it is because they smoke too much weed when they are not training?

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
      Freddie Roach comes to mind. He aint a brotha last time i checked and he wasnt in there w world beaters etiher.

never said whites can't get it either but the likelihood is lower. black fighters almost all get it. vast majority do.

also note Freddie Roach's mind is clear as a whistle because he's still one of the best coaches in the game.
      Last edited by HeadShots; 03-06-2017, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Maybe it is because they smoke too much weed when they are not training?

stupid assumption. whites don't smoke? that's like saying the whites are all drunks.

when all things considered equal, whites/latinos are less likely to get pugilistic dementia from boxing.

Comment

stupid assumption. whites don't smoke? that's like saying the whites are all drunks.

when all things considered equal, whites/latinos are less likely to get pugilistic dementia from boxing.
          Its a joke obviously.

How the hell do you figure that whites and Latinos suffer less from dementia? If anything i think that is the stupid assumption.

Comment

never said whites can't get it either but the likelihood is lower. black fighters almost all get it. vast majority do.

Very good observation because Jerry Quarry and Marvin Hagler are prime examples of this. Both had good chins and can take a punch but one was white while the other black. However, it was the one who was white, later developed the disease and died from it. While the other one who is black, is still alive with all of his faculties intact.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Well if you're asking if I'd rather be Amir khan or Danny Garcia. I'll choose Danny garcia
              That's not the question, per se; Danny's got a real sturdy chin, but he's got good eyes, an underrated defense, and learned tactics to keep his chin out of any real firing range.

Would you rather be Amir Khan (31-4) or Brandon Rios (33-3-1)?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Very good observation because Jerry Quarry and Marvin Hagler are prime examples of this. Both had good chins and can take a punch but one was white while the other black. However, it was the one who was white, later developed the disease and died from it. While the other one who is black, is still alive with all of his faculties intact.

i listed many examples. not just 1. you need a group study to determine this.

let's look at WELL-KNOWN fighters with obvious signs of pugilistic dementia. Don't start listing fighters that nobody knows because we have to draw from the same pool for consistency.

Bowe

Toney

Ali

Holyfield

Frazier

Norton

Lyle

Frank Bruno

Gerald McClellan

Meldrick Taylor

Wilfredo Benetiez

Joe Louis

Ray Robinson

Floyd Patterson

Jimmy Young

Pernell Whitaker(he can't talk anymore)

Thomas Hearns

Roger Mayweather

just off the top of my head.

Let's see the list of discombobulated white/latino retired fighters.

the one thing you notice while watching FACING ALI is that all the black fighters were gone mentally..... all the white ones Chuvalo and that English dude that knocked Ali down were all perfectly coherent and mentally accute.
                Last edited by HeadShots; 03-06-2017, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Julio Cesar Chavez, Duran, Jake Lamotta and George Chuvalo. All have lived very long healthy lives and have their brains in tact in old age. They have taken some heavy heavy punishment.

I honestly think it's race related. Most fighters with pugilistic dementia and CTE are black.
                  There's hardly been any elite white guys from the last 30 years to even compare it.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Well if you're asking if I'd rather be Amir khan or Danny Garcia. I'll choose Danny garcia
                    I'd rather be Khan. Speed, money, & fame. Decent bird.

Garcia got 6 toes & moves slower than David Haye

Comment

Ask Brandon punch drunk rios that question.

Comment

Working...
                      X