Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    It would be in Golovkin's best interest to make a deal with Jacobs, otherwise if Jacob's drops out the WBA has said Golovkin will be mandated to fight Alfonso Blanco who's on par with Wade. That would be a bigger setback to GGG than paying Jacobs 40%.

That is of course assuming Danny Jacobs truly wants the fight and isn't looking for an excuse to vacate.
    He won't care cause Team GGG will just say, "Nobody wants to fight us (hence Jacobs dropping out) and we're just trying to stay busy."

Comment

Originally posted by Triple Genius View Post
      I went to both GGG at MSG and Jacobs st Barclays, and those showings say otherwise. Well maybe 70/30-65/35 could work too
      I meant to say he shouldn't be making triple not double oops.

yes I fully acknowledge that GGG is by far the bigger draw but c'mon he was a far bigger draw than Lemieux and only made 500k more than Lemieux's 1.5mill. I think 65/35 is a good fair split. Jacobs should take the fight no matter how much he gets paid. High risk high reward.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        It's a big fight for Jacobs. He feels it's a "super mega" fight hence those purses expectations
        He probably see's it as the end of his career. He's had so much fun pretending to be a champion over the last 2 years. Probably feels it's better to vacate and be called a coward than get laid out in front of millions.

Atleast if he vacates and he can go around saying if it doesn't make money it doesn't make sense. He's already said, $1.5mill is chump change, but he can go back to Reading, PA and make $500k/fight not have to worry about getting KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
          I meant to say he shouldn't be making triple not double oops.

yes I fully acknowledge that GGG is by far the bigger draw but c'mon he was a far bigger draw than Lemieux and only made 500k more than Lemieux's 1.5mill. I think 65/35 is a good fair split. Jacobs should take the fight no matter how much he gets paid. High risk high reward.
          Triple? How much money do you think this fight is capable of generating? This isn't a huge fight, there's a couple million+ for Gennady and probably $1.5m+ for Danny. Nothing absurd about these figures. Of course if it goes to a purse bid, the 75/25 are the WBA rules and those have been the rules. Everyone knew this going in, which is why it's better for Jacobs to strike a deal.

The problem likely is Danny's side wants money that isn't there - If he still wants "more than two peter quillins" "but less than $10 million" they can't just pull that kind of money out of thin air. There is a realistic ballpark figure that needs to be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Tureeno Johnson is coming
            So you expect yet another top contender to duck? I guess nobody can be wrong all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              It would be in Golovkin's best interest to make a deal with Jacobs, otherwise if Jacob's drops out the WBA has said Golovkin will be mandated to fight Alfonso Blanco who's on par with Wade. That would be a bigger setback to GGG than paying Jacobs 40%.

That is of course assuming Danny Jacobs truly wants the fight and isn't looking for an excuse to vacate.
              It's in both of their best interest. Unless a deal is less than a mili, realistically anything short of 5 or something would be bad for Danny. What's 25% of that, like 1.25 M?

The 60/40 was a gamble... so now they're either going to take a deal or sit and wait to see who bids, which I doubt. Unless Al tells them ahead of time he's going big, there's no point.

Also if both of them end up not fighting each other they both go to some crappy opponent. Hurts Jacobs more because even if GGG fights some crappy opponent, it'll still be bigger business than if Jacobs goes back to Reading, PA.

As for if GGG has to fight Blanco, it's the WBA... they may or may not mandate it. They took forever to mandate this crap and every other fight before. If they know it brings them nothing, they won't do crap.

If Danny doesn't take a deal now, he'll probably wait to see the purse bid.... but I doubt unless Al tells them something beforehand they'll be interested because they can calculate 25% of whatever the winning purse bid would have to be to meet the offered deal and their standards... and it'll be a pretty high number

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                So you expect yet another top contender to duck? I guess nobody can be wrong all the time
                No its ok....next fight

sit and wait at 160.

If Jacobs wants more money and vacates then oh well cause GGG didn't want to do the 60/40 or 70/30 cause he too wanted more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  It's in both of their best interest. Unless a deal is less than a mili, realistically anything short of 5 or something would be bad for Danny. What's 25% of that, like 1.25 M?

The 60/40 was a gamble... so now they're either going to take a deal or sit and wait to see who bids, which I doubt. Unless Al tells them ahead of time he's going big, there's no point.

Also if both of them end up not fighting each other they both go to some crappy opponent. Hurts Jacobs more because even if GGG fights some crappy opponent, it'll still be bigger business than if Jacobs goes back to Reading, PA.

As for if GGG has to fight Blanco, it's the WBA... they may or may not mandate it. They took forever to mandate this crap and every other fight before. If they know it brings them nothing, they won't do crap.

If Danny doesn't take a deal now, he'll probably wait to see the purse bid.... but I doubt unless Al tells them something beforehand they'll be interested because they can calculate 25% of whatever the winning purse bid would have to be to meet the offered deal and their standards... and it'll be a pretty high number

I don't know if really hurts Danny, he's already at the bottom of the food chain when his big fight with Quillin sold less than 8,000 tix and only drew 385k on tv, then he's fighting in Reading, PA in front of no one. He's currently being well overcompensated for all his annual fights. Getting KO'd by GGG ends his gravy train.

As for Blanco, it was Mendoza who said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    No its ok....next fight

sit and wait at 160.

If Jacobs wants more money and vacates then oh well cause GGG didn't want to do the 60/40 or 70/30 cause he too wanted more money.
                    yeah, its such a shame when the defending champion with 3 world titles doesnt bend over for his lesser-known mandatory challenger........

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      yeah, its such a shame when the defending champion with 3 world titles doesnt bend over for his lesser-known mandatory challenger........
                      Yes it is a shame. GGG needs a big opponent and this was it but he wanted more money and now we get Johnson or this Blanco guy.

Like i said soon you all will change your course on this negotiation thing

But the fight isn't off just yet

Comment

Working...
                      X