No announcement yet.

The MYTH that iOS "JUST WORKS" exposed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    I'm a distribution/fulfillment coordinator at a company that does screen printing and embroidery (among other things). It makes sense that we have crApple computers for the creative side of things. We have a team that designs all the logos and what not so that makes sense. For what I have to do, they are less than ideal. I'd much rather have PC's for what I do along with all of the great programs that I could be using.

Our main program for keeping track of inventory and warehousing logistics is inferior to what I'm used to. The problem is, not many business software companies make software for Macs. I just really don't like apple computers and this is coming from an iPhone user. To be clear, I am not a fanboy and don't think they make the best phones or anything, I just like it and it's what I'm used to. I was thinking about switching but with all the apps and **** I have, I didn't want to have to start all over on a different phone.
    Starting fresh can be good

99.99% of companies use Windows to run their business. You can accurately say Microsoft powers the world! Excel might be the most powerful software EVER created! We're still on Windows XP and I think most companies are happy with it. Most companies don't want to fork out the cash to change something that works great. We have been using google docs to collaborate and view files among different departments and so far we've had a really good response to it. Little by little we are catching up with technology lol

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      so back in January i went on vacation back home to the islands

i was taking pictures at the beach and accidentally dropped my i4S in the water...i was so pissed

it wigged out at first...really wigged out...speakers didnt work, phone would shut off on its own...couldn't make calls...it was dead, so i thought

i turned the freekin thing off and didnt turn it on til i got back to the US

when i turned it on, it seemed to have recovered about 80% of what got messed up ie. the speakers worked, i was able to make calls, camera worked again etc

but for the past couple of weeks, it started to crap out again...i was having network issues...i couldnt turn the phone off, the battery would die within hours...i had to get it changed

i took it to Verizon yesterday after work and the lady looked at it...checked the port and said 'that's water damage...i see corrosion'

her: '...you have insurance so if you want a new one, you can pay the $175 deductible and get a new phone'

me: 'if i pay that, you guys will transfer my contacts right now?'

her: '..no, we're not gonna give you the new phone, you have to call a number and they'll mail it to you'

me: 'so i have to pay AND wait?'

her: '..yea, unless you wanna try your luck at the apple store...i doubt they'll give you a new one'

at this point, i started looking around...i checked out the Galaxy since ive always wanted a bigger screen and a better front cam...i talked to an rep about seeing what they can do...since i would have paid $175, maybe there was a way i could get my hands on that instead

i REALLY wanted that galaxy...the rep said he was gonna call his manager and try to work something out...told me to come back after 30mins

during that 30mins i thought to myself 'what the heck, let me get pissed off at the Apple guys for not hooking me up with a new phone'...that way i wont feel bad switching

so i went to apple...

they looked at my phone...looked at the port...the dude looked at me and asked if i got the phone wet...i told him 'yea kinda'

he goes 'all good man...it happens...i'll hook you up'

new i4S in hand...never went back to the Verizon store
      Transfer contacts? Mail them to you? WTF on android you just sign into your new phone and magically all your contacts are there just the way you had them! No transferring crap, no plugging into itunes, no syncing needed. I can break my SGS2 right now and just sign into my old evo 3d and walaaa!!!

Android......It just works!

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
        Transfer contacts? Mail them to you? WTF on android you just sign into your new phone and magically all your contacts are there just the way you had them! No transferring crap, no plugging into itunes, no syncing needed. I can break my SGS2 right now and just sign into my old evo 3d and walaaa!!!

Android......It just works!

my buddy has that new Galaxy...the one i was looking at...i use a lot of video chatting and that larger screen and better front cam was really beginning to sell me...i love my iphone but it all honesty, when this contract runs out, whatever new Samsung phone that have out at the time is gonna get some SERIOUS consideration

Comment

my buddy has that new Galaxy...the one i was looking at...i use a lot of video chatting and that larger screen and better front cam was really beginning to sell me...i love my iphone but it all honesty, when this contract runs out, whatever new Samsung phone that have out at the time is gonna get some SERIOUS consideration
          Stakes are running high as the Samsung Galaxy S3 (III) approaches its release date. The most talked about aspect being 4.6 inch or a larger screen size with 720×1,280 pixels crammed in – at par with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

If Korean news sources are to be believed, the panel might not be same as on the Nexus – the Samsung Galaxy S3 will sport a Super AMOLED Plus display. The bottom line is that the S3 will have a screen technology that will be crispier than the Galaxy Nexus.

Those who were speculating a 3D display, Samsung has definitely played spoilsport by suggesting that 3D is still a no-go for the Galaxy. Tech lovers are, however, keeping their eyes fixed on the specs of the flagship S3 – in the hope that it will set Apple to pause prior to the launch of the much hyped iPhone 5.

As a flagship model, we can expect the Samsung Galaxy S3 packing in some extra punches against the specs of the iPhone 5. Given the success Galaxy S2 has enjoyed, take it a little easy on your think tank and do not expect specs that are too extreme.

Well…just in case, you misinterpret us, we do remember what Samsung stated last year – that it would launch hardware with flexible OLED (FOLED) in 2012. OLEDs being slimmer than traditional displays and this handset as it suggests, is all screen, we can expect some off the wall options.

Loaded with the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, it remains to be seen what’s up Samsung’s sleeve this time – given the fact that android 4.0 has features like easy screen grabs and resizeable widgets. Feature-wise, it’s definitely going to give a run for the money.

Probing the insides, the Galaxy S3 is rumoured as Samsung’s quad-core ARM A9-based Exynos 4212 chipset, clocked at 1.8GHz – that makes it twice as fast as the iPhone 4S. This syncs with Samsung claim of immense speed boosts on graphics and at the same time promising to be easy on the battery.

Preorder benchmark results by unspecified sources however claim that the processor clocked at 1.4GHz.

Nonetheless, with four cores and 2GB of RAM, the Galaxy S3 will show off some robust multi-tasking power. Together with 32GB of storage, the S3 should be capable of powerhouse performance, good enough to throw off some laptops off the cliff! Now, that’s something we too are keeping our fingers crossed.

If you are shutter-happy, there is something to cheer about. There’s likely to be a 12-MP rear camera – that’s 4-megapixels higher than the Samsung Galaxy S2. Samsung might equip the handset with a 1/2.3 inch sensor and that’s much bigger than the sensor on the iPhone 4S. Of course, it won’t replace your DSLR, but it sure will come in handy in low light situations. More so, if it comes with dual flash. With Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich’s picture taking and easy editing capabilities, we have here quite a rival.

From what we understand, here’s what could be the specs of the Samsung Galaxy S3:

Styled like the Galaxy Nexus
          4.6 – 4.8-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen
          720×1,280-pixel – 1,920×1,080-pixel screen resolution
          1.5GHz – 1.8GHz chip with 2GB RAM for flawless performance
          Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with TouchWiz skin
          12-megapixel rear camera with high ISO feature

Comment

Google spies on you better too.

Comment

^^^
              this is supposed to come out later this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Toney Loc View Post
                Google spies on you better too.
                ^^^
                this is supposed to come out later this year?
                The spying?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  The spying?

the phone in general?

have no clue on the spying..what is that?

Comment

the phone in general?

They spy on you.

Comment

the phone in general?

The galaxy S3 is scheduled to be announced next month. That picture is supposedly a leak flyer Samsung will be sending out.

The spying thing they're referring to is the trackers that companies use to get your statistical data that is used for advertisement. Apple has it all over their products so does google and so does every other major business.

That vons club card or CVS card you use to get "promotions, coupons" is really just a way for them to track what you're buying. it gives company a marketing advantage and gives them info they need to study the market.

Comment

Working...
                      X