Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs Holyfield Clash To Land at Hallenstadion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Povetkin vs Holyfield Clash To Land at Hallenstadion?

According to its official web portal, Zürich-based Hallenstadion will be the venue for the return of Alexander Povetkin (22-0, 15 KOs), as he make his first defense of the WBA (“regular”) heavyweight championship. Hallenstadion’s news list announces that the first ever Russian super heavyweight gold medalist will face multi-time champion and ring legend Evander Holyfield (44-10-2, 29 KOs) on December 17, almost three years after Holyfield suffered a controversial loss to Nikolai Valuev at the very same stadium.
    Holyfield is presently unranked by the World Boxing Association. Hallenstadion seats around 13.000 fans.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It doesnt matter where the fight takes place

The fact is that this fight shouldnt take place

Comment

I've always felt Holyfield was robbed from making history against Valuev, so I supported him getting one more title shot. This is a good fight for that shot, a Klitschko fight would be far too dangerous to his health.

Let's get it on.
      Last edited by paulf; 09-02-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

i cant wait for this

holyfield will beat the **** out of povtkin the fat slob

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          I've always felt Holyfield was robbed from making history against Valuev, so I supported him getting one more title shot. This is a good fight for that shot, a Klitschko fight would be far to dangerous to his health.

Let's get it on.
          A Sherman Williams fight was well on it's way to being bad for Evander's health, until he quit.

Povetkin will win this with ease.

Comment

The United Nations needs to intervene, put a blockade on this injustice of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              It doesnt matter where the fight takes place

The fact is that this fight shouldnt take place
              Considering the fact that Povetkin was four years old when Evander turned pro I would say that I have to agree with you. And I like Holyfield and was always a fan and therefore the only thing I would like to see him do is retire with what good health he has left. And if Teddy lets this fight happen I will lose what little respect I have left for him. Wait, on second thought I really don't have any respect for him, so never mind on that point.

Comment

Like the ones that want Holyfield to retire really care about his health. He's a grown damn man and if he wants to fight let him fight. Holyfield gets a medical clearance and he's always in shape. Make history Holyfield. He got more heart than any of today's heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by cush3 View Post
                  Like the ones that want Holyfield to retire really care about his health. He's a grown damn man and if he wants to fight let him fight. Holyfield gets a medical clearance and he's always in shape. Make history Holyfield. He got more heart than any of today's heavyweights.
                  Steroids and HGH can do wonders for how you look....

Also on another point, even he beats that fake @ss chump Povetkin, that won't make history cause it's not even a real belt, Wlad has the real WBA (if there is such a thing) belt, Holyfield will just become the #1 contender in the WBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    Considering the fact that Povetkin was four years old when Evander turned pro I would say that I have to agree with you. And I like Holyfield and was always a fan and therefore the only thing I would like to see him do is retire with what good health he has left. And if Teddy lets this fight happen I will lose what little respect I have left for him. Wait, on second thought I really don't have any respect for him, so never mind on that point.
                    but but, Teddy made Povetkin into the world champ

Teddy is biggest hypocrite, if it wasnt his fighter he would be outraged screaming on ESPN how those Euro bums targeting a poor old American HW. and that if Delvin Rodriguez gained 80lb he would be the champ!

but now that he has a fighter he is singing a totally different tune being all happy with making a "world champion" and now going to "Defend" his belt against a "Legend".

Povetkin reminds me of Danny Green.

Is Povetkin going to fight Roy Jones after the Evander fight? So he inherits the legend?

Whats sad is that Povetkin was kind of respected in the boxing community before he signed with Atlas, now he has become a joke, I wonder why.

Now you know why Atlas has no fighter, he is like a virus

Comment

Working...
                    X