Collapse
No announcement yet.

SpinksJinx Training Log

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no idea they took Toughman that seriously anywhere. Pretty lame. I am begining to see why it'd start to get to you. If need be, give the guy a lesson but don't go crazy on him. How big is he by the way?

Comment

ya

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
      I had no idea they took Toughman that seriously anywhere. Pretty lame. I am begining to see why it'd start to get to you. If need be, give the guy a lesson but don't go crazy on him. How big is he by the way?

what are the rules of the toughman>

Comment

From what I know it's standard boxing rules concerning where you can hit and what you can strike with (no elbows, kicks, headbutts etc.). The rounds are only two minutes long and there are always three of them. Based on what I've seen, the refs are a lot more lenient in terms of clinching, pushing, and overall roughousing.

The most distinguishing factor is a low level of skill. You can't have any pro fights, and for whatever reason I've never even seen a good amateur boxer go in there and clean house.

Comment

I think rules vary by state, but here are my local rules

the very popular toughman contest is a single elimination boxing tournament, that is open to area men and women, age 18 and older, with no previous professional boxing experience, and have limited amateur experience. All bouts are scheduled for three, one minute rounds, with all fighters using 16 ounce gloves, protective headgear and a mouth piece. All applicants MUST be in good physical condition.

The Men's Weight Divisions Are:
          Light Heavyweight- 160-184 lbs
          Heavyweight- 185-400 lbs

The Women's Weight Divisions Are:
          Lightweight-155 lbs and under
          Heavyweight-156 lbs and up

The guy is 165-170, I box guys that size in sparring.

Dont get me wrong, I dont plan on going in and beating the hell out of the guy or anything like that...Im only 118 pounds, I just want to give him a boxing lesson and show him boxing is different than brawling.

Comment

"Everybody's got plans...until they get hit."

Comment

ya

i mean how does the toughman work
              how do they score it

I dont have a prob with toughman champions that keep to themselves but the ones that act like they're big shots then ya **** them

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
                i mean how does the toughman work
                how do they score it

I dont have a prob with toughman champions that keep to themselves but the ones that act like they're big shots then ya **** them

Regular 10 point scoring system.

Comment

ya

Originally posted by spinksjinx
                  Regular 10 point scoring system.
                  i know that
                  but do they score on power punches?combinations?# of punches?
                  ring generalship?

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
                    i know that
                    but do they score on power punches?combinations?# of punches?
                    ring generalship?

Mainly power punches and who is the aggressor. Most of them are not even boxing but just a slug fest of two out shape bafoons beating each other for 180 seconds.

Comment

That sounds fun

Comment

Working...
                      X