Victor Conte LOLs @ USADA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Conte LOLs @ USADA

Article by Dennis "DSource" Guillermo, Examiner

Bob Arum issued a game-changing statement last week when he said that Manny Pacquiao is willing to agree to random drug testing with no cut-off as long as it is not by the United States Anti-Doping Agency [USADA].

"We have agreed in the Pacquiao camp to unlimited random testing done by a responsible, neutral organization," Arum was quoted by Yahoo and ESPN. Arum specified the Pacquiao camps' questions regarding USADA's relationship with Floyd Mayweather, Jr. who handpicked the agency for his testing demands.

"We don't believe USADA is a neutral organization," Arum continued and added, "I don't think anybody's test is as vigorous as the test administered by the Olympic Organization. And we can arrange for the Olympic Organization [WADA] to handle the test under the supervision of the Athletic commission respective of the state where the fight is going to be held."

Our colleague Michael Marley from New York was able to get USADA's response to Arum's statements through the agency's media relations manager, Annie Skinner. "We certainly do not have a bias against any athlete," Skinner said as quoted by Marley and added, "We do not have a bias (favoring) one athlete over another. All athletes are presumed to be clean until such time as they are proven otherwise.

"But, when it comes to drug testing, USADA, which is a signatory to WADA rules, regulations and procedures, is the gold standard for sports in the United States. We completely adhere to all the international standards as promulgated by WADA."

Looking to further shed light on the situation, I turned to BALCO founder Victor Conte, who has had significant first-hand experience dealing with USADA and WADA [World Anti-Doping Agency] and a wealth of knowledge regarding anti-doping.

"I find the recent comments from USADA's Annie Skinner that WADA "does not do any actual testing, they do not have the infrastructure to do that." to be kind of amusing. The exact same thing can be said about USADA. However, WADA is the organization that actually provides the accreditation to the drug testing laboratories, not USADA. USADA does not do any type of drug testing themselves, they simply refer the testing out to a WADA accredited laboratory," Conte told me and further emphasized the agency's costly fees to conduct their random blood testing.

"The cost of USADA's Olympic style testing is staggering. Andre Ward says "USADA charges $50,000 to $100,000 for Olympic style drug testing for 7-8 weeks for both fighters. This is a massive increase in the actual cost of the tests that are performed for the fighters. USADA does not do any testing whatsoever themselves. They simply refer the testing out to a WADA accredited laboratory. USADA basically holds the blind test codes that match the athlete's blood and urine samples."

In February of 2005, Conte had an elaborate meeting with USADA to discuss how to better enforce drug testing and anti-doping in the Olympics. Conte pointed out the many inadequacies with USADA's testing and advised them on how to better manage their resources to catch cheaters and dopers. "I was trying to show them that the athletes aren't using these performance enhancing drugs through the seasons, they predominantly use them during the off-season.

So it doesn't really make sense to show up at Olympic events and test 5,000 athletes when they're all smart enough to taper off drugs and make sure they test clean. They were at the time probably spending 80% of their resources on testing at competitions, and I said look, here's how they do it, and maybe shift your resources to testing out of competition, or during the off-season," Conte told me in this exclusive and in-dept interview.

Conte had a total of about 3 meetings with USADA, wherein he wrote a prescription on how to catch dopers. After all, who better to ask about this matter than a man who has extensive first-hand experience on the topic, and knows the science of supplements, performance enhancers, doping, the ins-and-outs... the whole nine yards?!'

I posted a transcript of my interview with Conte below, breaking down his experience with USADA.

"Various trainers and I’ve decided we wanted to step up and take full responsibility for our actions. So thereafter without talking about individual athletes, I agreed to meet with the USADA thereafter. So they came back and this is February 2005 and there were all sorts of documents probably over 3,000 pages of documents that I went over with them. It was about a 3 ½ hour meeting.

They have everything organized in these big binders. I was trying to help them and show them exactly and precisely how these athletes cheat when they do it. In other words there were calendars. There were all sorts of lab results you know. I was trying to show them that the athletes are not really using these performance enhancing drugs through the season. They predominately use them during the off season.

So it doesn’t make sense to show up in an Olympic events and test 5,000 athletes when they’re all smart enough to taper off the drug and make sure they test clean. So they were at the time spending probably 80% of their resources on testing at nomic conditions. And I said 'Look this how they do it. You need to shift your resources to spending 80% testing during the off-season or out of competition. And the 20% competition and you’ll be much more effective.' And so there were I guess total of 3 meetings with USADA then in 2007.

I wrote a prescription for cleaning up of drug use in sport. And that was published by BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) out of the U.K. UK reporter, at BBC got hold of Dick Pound who was the chairman of WADA, World Anti Doping Agency at that time. And they eventually did get back to me and I flew to New York December 2007, December 12th 2007 and I spent the day there with Dick Pound who was the chairman of WADA. And I gave him all sorts of information and we also met for 3 ½ hours that day. What happened though was that he founded WADA in 2000, before the Olympic games in 2000. And I guess just before that he was stepping down as the chairman and the new guy John Fahey from Australia was taking his place.

So about 2 weeks after we met I gave all this information and there was another attorney there was a scriber who was writing down everything that was said through the entire meeting. 2 weeks later when Thomas Fahey took over they, the media asked him about me (Victor Conte) and he said “I choose not to get my information from a convicted felon. I choose to get it from medical doctors. So he didn’t want to have anything to working with me.

Well then later I guess this was in 2010, I became aware of a new designer substance that was being used out there. And to make long story short they got a hold of this substance and were testing and so I was involved in other projects with them in 2010, And then when I began to explain to them,

Well look what began to explain to them, Well look what I am working with you now on regarding this other study it was called AMPH-2. And AMPH-2 that was the name of this designer substance and it was coming out of Europe. And so they began testing it and working on the project with WADA, And I had told them about these substance back in 2007. So when I told Dick Pound 'listen why don’t you go back and pull the notes from that meeting, that December 12th 2007. And you will see that I was telling you then and what I was showing you what’s going on now.' And WADA didn’t take any action for 3 years. So we went back , we tried to get the notes, confirm what I told him was true. Basically he did recall what I said about this and he called me back and said “well I’ve been told that WADA destroyed the notes from our meeting.”
    Last edited by Monte Fisto; 07-22-2011, 12:06 AM.

Comment

*****s just got OWNED. AGAIN.

Comment

Now what I am telling you is I’m not so sure they really wanted to know how to catch athletes from circumventing the testing program. The first example when I told, I’ll give you an example I may have said this last time. I told them exactly when the fish were biting: October, November, December time frame.

And I told them this in 2005, that’s when they needed to concentrate, you know on the testing and this is after 2004 Olympics. And the next Olympics were in Beijing August 2008. When they were Olympics athletes would be testing would be using drugs would be in the October, November, December time frame of 2007. And that’s were they were suppose to strength base and this serves them throughout the following competitive season.

Well if we go back and look at these USADA anti doping data, you’ll see not only did they not increase it like I advised them to do but they decreased the testing like 50%. So this is on my website if you go on look at my website there is a video called CBC, Canadian Broadcasting Communications Beijing 2008. Actually go on camera to the website to show the United States Anti Doping Agency’s website and the significant reduction in testing. Clearly you know what I said at the time I still believe now. They’re either uniformed which I know they are not because I told them. Or they are helping these athletes to use drugs by not doing testing."

Advertisement

If the main objective here is to simply "clean up the sport", the Mayweather camp should be happy that the Pacquiao camp had finally bent to his demands for unlimited random blood testing. Why should they care if it is done by WADA rather than USADA? I think it's only fair for both parties to compromise to make this fight happen, and if the Pacquiao camp doubts USADA's relationship with Mayweather, then so be it. WADA in the end, is the agency that will handle the testing anyway, and besides, this whole testing was a Mayweather concocted fiasco to begin with. It's actually interesting that the Mayweather camp has been silent regarding Arum's statements.

Pacquiao has agreed to take the test. Will Mayweather finally agree to take the Pacquiao test? Or are we going to hear more reasons from Mayweather fans and Mayweather writers and Mayweather himself on why he won't fight Pacquiao?

To be honest with you, this is really getting ridiculous. Mayweather is acting like a brat demanding the sport of boxing to yield to his whims, and his sycophants are trumpeting his every claim, when the man himself won't even show up to his court-ordered deposition to clear his stance on Pacquiao's defamation lawsuit against him.

How come it's just Mayweather crying about these tests, and that he chose to bring it up when people started pressuring him to fight a man he opted not to fight prior to even thinking about demanding blood testing? He didn't demand Juan Manuel Marquez to take the test now did he? And why did he choose to announce to fight Marquez instead of waiting 24 hours more to see if Pacquiao beats Ricky Hatton and fight him instead?

I'm sorry that I have the balls to call this issue how I see it. It's flat-out bull**** if you ask me. Like ESPN reporter Michael Wilbohn and boxer Timothy Bradley and many others in boxing have said, Mayweather is simply scared. If Mayweather still finds an excuse to not fight Pacquiao, I just think he's afraid of the guy. Just fight already.

Comment

take the neutral wada test floyd!!!!! you silly goose!!!

Comment

Zab by KO in 4!!

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              They have a penchant for taking it up the @ss, much like their anti-hero

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                dont they ever get tired of getting owned ?

Comment

Arum we will take the test, but with WADA not USADA. USADA is not neutral.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-pacq...h-usada--41329
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-we-u...acquiao--41407

USADA responds: There is no bias towards Manny [And a bunch of other things clarifying Arum's misstatements].
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/usada-res...acquiao--41420

WADA responds: We dont do testing, USADA would be best and are respected.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10309.html

Arum silence.

The End.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
                    Arum we will take the test, but with WADA not USADA. USADA is not neutral.
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-pacq...h-usada--41329
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-we-u...acquiao--41407

USADA responds: There is no bias towards Manny [And a bunch of other things clarifying Arum's misstatements].
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/usada-res...acquiao--41420

WADA responds: We dont do testing, USADA would be best and are respected.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10309.html

Arum silence.

The End.
                    end Thread////////////////

Comment

Working...
                    X