Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley MAY get a SD victory if hes fully on his game, but will 100% get robbed unless he gets a KO victory, and since my man timmy has no KO power, its a lose - lose for him, which is a shame

Comment

i don't think it will be bernard like, but i do believe bradley can beat him convincingly

pac avoided primed, quick, young, athletic, boxers for a reason

Comment

I doubt it, but I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by pbeer View Post
          Holyfield in his prime was much more impressive than Bhop.. Im talking about the muhammad qawi error.. If Bradley really has that kind of heart he does stand a chance.. Against casamayor he didnt impress me much.. Can someone point me to a fight, which would convince me he has a chance.. perhaps is the peterson fight worth downloading?
          Yes, I'm quite aware that Holyfield had/has the heart of a lion which is why I still used the adjective of "legend" before I introduced him in my post. And I'm not referring to the Holyfield that fought at cruiser (like u did) who actually let his boxing ability and 84 Olympic pedigree dictate good, sound fights. I'm referring to the Holyfield that would use his head in the clinches to get an advantage after his first fight/loss to Bowe. The Holyfield that could catch & release (parry & counter) better than anyone I've ever seen since Hagler. But still the Holyfield that looked for shortcuts in fights when a bigger Bowe set the blueprint on how to beat the former.

Oh and don't worry about watching Bradley vs. Peterson, Witter or Alexander; just watch the first 3 rds against Holt and you should be convinced that Manny will have relatively easy work if Bradley keeps it clean. However asking Bradley to keep it clean is like asking the SAW series to stay PG13.
          Last edited by tomatocantender; 02-13-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I agree with you on The real deal.. I thought you where trying to say Bradley is the same type of warrior.. From what ive seen of Bradley, he reminds me a bit of of Meldric Taylor, Im not saying Bradley is on that level.. But he seems to lack in the same areas as Taylor.

Comment

AS far as Bradley keeping it clean.. He should just fight his fight if its dirty its got him this far he doesnt stand any chance without that element it seems.

Comment

Don't be surprised if Bradley is able to hurt Manny with that right hand he throws.

Comment

Originally posted by tomatocantender View Post
                  C'mon dawg, I see this little game you're playing with this thread because if it does come to fruition then you'll look like a self proclaimed genius, especially after you dig up this dated forum and blast it all over B-Scene. But to put Bradley in the same category as B-Hop is utter stupidity. Yeah Bradley is a battering ram with the head like Nard did to Winky, yeah Bradley opens the gloves illegally and rabbit punches like Nard does, but that's where the similarities end. Bernard made a career of never being in the same place twice from a defensive standpoint; Bradley is about as far away from this craft as Malignaggi is to being a one punch KO artist. If you want to pick a legend and tie him to Bradley, do it with Holyfield for example. But leave Bernard out of this analogy as again, that's utter stupidity on many different levels which I only touched upon 2 or so examples. Btw, anyone can throw **** at a wall to see if longshot predictions pan out, but please have more respect for the Science than this foolishness; i.e. Base the outcome of future fights on pragmatics and styles, not this fantasy parallel semantics!
                  So are you saying that Bernard is better than Holyfield? I disagree with that. Bradley's style is very similiar to Holyfield and I can understand someone saying his fight with Manny will be similiar to Hopkins fight with Tito. No one saw those results coming and Bernard dominated Tito. I think this fight will be a lot more competitive early, but many will be shocked at the results. If Bradley's chin holds up,and I think it will, he will be the one to finish what Marquez started. He will expose Manny for being the one dimensional and wild fighter that he is. I think Timothy will take away Manny's left hand the same way Bernard took away Tito's left hook. Once that happens, the fight will be dominated by Tim. Bradley can not be compared to any legend as far as resume right now, but there are similarities in styles.

Comment

i honestly don't think bradley will be as successful as people have been predicting on here. i think pac knows he needs to stop this guy and go all out due to his last two performances. bradley is talented but i just don't see him winning 5 rounds against pacquiao. perhaps pac's last 2 performances have been due to him slowing down and aging, but regardless, i don't see anyone winning a decision against pac with arum as his promoter (besides floyd). also, this video got me thinking, can it possibly end in a TD due to clash of heads? man, i hope not but this video just made me think about that possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by tomatocantender View Post
                      Yes, I'm quite aware that Holyfield had/has the heart of a lion which is why I still used the adjective of "legend" before I introduced him in my post. And I'm not referring to the Holyfield that fought at cruiser (like u did) who actually let his boxing ability and 84 Olympic pedigree dictate good, sound fights. I'm referring to the Holyfield that would use his head in the clinches to get an advantage after his first fight/loss to Bowe. The Holyfield that could catch & release (parry & counter) better than anyone I've ever seen since Hagler. But still the Holyfield that looked for shortcuts in fights when a bigger Bowe set the blueprint on how to beat the former.

Oh and don't worry about watching Bradley vs. Peterson, Witter or Alexander; just watch the first 3 rds against Holt and you should be convinced that Manny will have relatively easy work if Bradley keeps it clean. However asking Bradley to keep it clean is like asking the SAW series to stay PG13.
                      Styles make fights and Manny will not catch Timothy the way Holt did. There are not many fighters who get up from big shots like that. Tim getting up from that huge shot told me more about him than him simply getting dropped with it. Let me say that I don't think Manny gets up from that shot, but we don't know because I've never seen him take a shot like that. Plus, Manny and tim are around the same height and have close to the same reach. So, Tim will not have to reach for Manny like he did with Holt.

Manny will have to catch tim with that sneaky quick left uppercut that he caught Cotto with. That's his only key to victory. He can't outbox Tim and he can't battle with him on the inside. In all of Tim's fights he show the ability to adjust.We can't say the same about Manny. He has one game plan and when forced to make changes during the fight, he just doesn't do it. He wills himself to victory.Or in the last Marquez fight, the judges gave him a gift. The question should be, what fight has Manny had to convince me that he can handle a young, hungry, complete fighter like Bradley?

The stage has been set. The naysayers and the doubters can say what they want. Come June 9th, Manny will be standing in front of a young,undefeated champion with a lot of heart and skill that wants what Manny has. It will take more than just his will to beat this hungry lion.

Comment

Working...
                      X