Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez vs Diaz 2009 FOTY DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ali-Liston was on Sky Racing last night over here in Australia, cutting to interviews with Dundee in between rounds, wasnt too bad.

For a fight ive heard so much about it was good to actually see it i feel like my boxing wisdom tripled in 20 minutes or show lolz.

"I SHOOK UP THE WORLD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        I watched De La Hoya Vs. Mayorga last night, Lewis Vs. Tyson this afternoon. Thinking of digging out some Wilfredo Gomez tonight.

Poet
        Man I must've watched Lewis v Tyson 10 times mainly cos I'm a huge Lewis mark, being English myself. Prior to that I watched a **** load of Roy Jones fights cos I copped his career set (and Floyds). Roy was THAT dude, no doubt.

Comment

• george foreman vs joe frazier I

ken norton vs ron stander

lionel rose vs alan rudkin

larry holmes vs tex cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            Round 1 Camacho
            More active, scored to the body and scored a few straight lefts to the
            head, Davis looks confused with the left handed stance, he was inactive for
            the most part, Camacho also scored with the jab.

Round 2 Camacho
            Davis is letting Camacho get off first, Camacho is going to Davis's body well. Davis
            started to workout the Southpaw stance later in the round by applying more
            pressure but he still did too much waiting and got hit with the better punches

Round 3 Camacho
            Consistent with jab, went to the body and scored two good straight left
            hands, Davis is waiting too much and not applying pressure like you
            must against a lefty, he is allowing Camacho to get off first

Round 4 Davis (sympathy round which i originally scored for
            Camacho)
            Not much happened but i gave it to Camacho on a couple of clean jabs
            and left hand towards the end. Davis could of taken this because not
            much happened.

Round 5 Camacho (little closer)
            More pressure by Davis but he was not that successful landing! Camacho
            went to the body hard and scored counter jabs and one straight left hand

Round 6 Camacho ( little closer)
            Far too much waiting by Davis, Camacho had a quiet round but still scored
            to the body, Davis tried to steal it late.

Round 7 Davis (sympathy)
            Lots of pressure and pushing Camacho back

Round 8 Camacho
            He controlled the round and scored to the body, he also scored the jab and straight lefts

Round 9 Camacho
            He hammered Davis to the body, Davis started okay but let Camacho take
            over

Round 10 Camacho
            I thought he landed better to the body and Davis let him get off as per usual

I would not have given Davis any rounds but i was feeling generous as it was so one sided, Davis clearly
            struggled with the Southpaw stance and its lesson that he should of learned imo. You have to apply pressure
            when you Box Southpaw's, he let Camacho get off way too much and tried to Box a Southpaw, which is
            the worst thing you can do because they are use to fighting your style. Camacho showed
            good ring generalship and scored hard to the body all night long.
            Muhammad Ali vs Buster Mathis was a one-sided affair which showed Ali giving Mathis mercy. Late in the 11th, he dropped Mathis twice and mathis was in major trouble, but saved by the bell. In the 12th, mathis was glassy eyed and wobbly and the fight should have been stopped. Instead, Buster was allowed to stumble around the ring and Ali dropped him again, albeit with no real power behind his punches, as he was showing Mathis mercy. Ali took it easy on mathis and allowed him to finish on his feet without further punishment. Give credit to Ali for taking it easy on a fighter that was in severe trouble. I gave Mathis only one round in this mismatch

Comment

• lewis vs tyson
              julian jackson vs ismael negron
              herol graham vs ricky stackhouse

Comment

• Watched an old film of Kid Norfolk taking on "Big" Bill Tate in a 10 round bout on the undercard of the Dempsey-Brennan rematch. Norfolk was giving away around 10 inches in height and 50 pounds in weight, yet he took the fight to Tate at all times. Norfolk looked quick and explosive, Tate displayed a decent jab but Norfolk was able to avoid it for the most part.

Comment

• last fight i saw was Holyfield vs Moorer 2, and some Ali and Holmes fights. Saw Ali vs Bugner 1,2 and Holmes vs Bonecrusher Smith.

I just got another 160 fights recently, so after getting some downtime from work and other responsibilities will get a chance to watch them.

Comment

• Started the day off with one of the many all time classics that the 80's produced in Salvador Sanchez TKO8 Wilfredo Gomez. Great, great fight with Gomez coming out hot in the first and getting dropped and rocked badly, barely making out of the first round. Gomez came back through the next six or so rounds with some big rights to the head of Sanchez and very good bodywork and really outworked Sanchez for most of the fight. Sanchez tried to steal some rounds with late flurries but he only won the rounds that he hurt Gomez in, other than that I felt he didn't do enough. The KO came seemingly out of nowhere courtesy of a big right hand from Sanchez and Gomez was very lucky that Sanchez missed with the follow-up because he was pretty much out cold from that shot.

Kept it going with the ultra-entertaining lightweight championship clash between the great Alexis Arguello and the hard punching Hawaiian southpaw Andy Ganigan. Ganigan came out fast and started planting right hooks to Arguello's body, the same punch he used to set up his huge left that floored Arguello at the end of the round. In the third Arguello lands a big right hand and floored him and that punch caused two things, the beginning of the end for Ganigan and one of the best back and forth rounds in boxing history IMO. Both men showed potent offense and lack of defense and are both hurt multiple times in the round. One thing I've noticed about Ganigan in the way he liked to set up his big left hand is that he will slip a punch, ram you with his shoulder and throw it over the top. In the 4th Arguello started to dial in the body punches foreshadowing the end. The fifth starts, Ganigan looks beat up and tired and is throwing ridiculous haymakers trying to take Arguello out with one punch but is paying for it every time with the straight, measured punches of Arguello. The ending was one of the best and most brutal body shot stoppages you'll ever see, Arguello put Ganigan against the ropes unleashing a vicious combination of punches punctuated with two right hooks to the body, one which lifted Ganigan off of the floor. This fight and the Ruben Castillo fight are the two most obvious examples of Arguello's body punching prowess and how he can end a fight suddenly with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
                      Started the day off with one of the many all time classics that the 80's produced in Salvador Sanchez TKO8 Wilfredo Gomez. Great, great fight with Gomez coming out hot in the first and getting dropped and rocked badly, barely making out of the first round. Gomez came back through the next six or so rounds with some big rights to the head of Sanchez and very good bodywork and really outworked Sanchez for most of the fight. Sanchez tried to steal some rounds with late flurries but he only won the rounds that he hurt Gomez in, other than that I felt he didn't do enough. The KO came seemingly out of nowhere courtesy of a big right hand from Sanchez and Gomez was very lucky that Sanchez missed with the follow-up because he was pretty much out cold from that shot.

Kept it going with the ultra-entertaining lightweight championship clash between the great Alexis Arguello and the hard punching Hawaiian southpaw Andy Ganigan. Ganigan came out fast and started planting right hooks to Arguello's body, the same punch he used to set up his huge left that floored Arguello at the end of the round. In the third Arguello lands a big right hand and floored him and that punch caused two things, the beginning of the end for Ganigan and one of the best back and forth rounds in boxing history IMO. Both men showed potent offense and lack of defense and are both hurt multiple times in the round. One thing I've noticed about Ganigan in the way he liked to set up his big left hand is that he will slip a punch, ram you with his shoulder and throw it over the top. In the 4th Arguello started to dial in the body punches foreshadowing the end. The fifth starts, Ganigan looks beat up and tired and is throwing ridiculous haymakers trying to take Arguello out with one punch but is paying for it every time with the straight, measured punches of Arguello. The ending was one of the best and most brutal body shot stoppages you'll ever see, Arguello put Ganigan against the ropes unleashing a vicious combination of punches punctuated with two right hooks to the body, one which lifted Ganigan off of the floor. This fight and the Ruben Castillo fight are the two most obvious examples of Arguello's body punching prowess and how he can end a fight suddenly with it.
                      Ganigan was a very tough fighter, destroying Sean O'grady and losing a disputed decision to Gato Gonzales.

Comment

Working...
                      X