Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terry Norris thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there you have it,Time and time again I have asked the Dynamite Tit to step up and validate his claims and time and time again he has failed not only avoiding the original claim but using irrelevant responses.

He objected to a post I made concerning his hero Terry Norris just like he ojected to an original post I made on one Marco Antonio Barrera.

You can't debate,You can't make an argument and yet you claim my views are inferior - laughable just like yourself of course.

It really is hilarious to see you consistently duck questions and arguments like this despite the fact that you was the one who wished to seek out such arguments in the first place.

Are you seeking attention? Why else would you try to seek out and argument over the internet when you don't even know what you are arguing about.

I'm glad you admitted that your E-buddy was a fraud however.Choose your E-buddies more carefully next time.

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
    He and mrboxer should start a message board of their own. Called the Assumptions About Boxing.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=304588

Comment

Originally posted by BigMacFoster View Post
      Well there you have it,Time and time again I have asked the Dynamite Tit to step up and validate his claims and time and time again he has failed not only avoiding the original claim but using irrelevant responses.

He objected to a post I made concerning his hero Terry Norris just like he ojected to an original post I made on one Marco Antonio Barrera.

You can't debate,You can't make an argument and yet you claim my views are inferior - laughable just like yourself of course.

It really is hilarious to see you consistently duck questions and arguments like this despite the fact that you was the one who wished to seek out such arguments in the first place.

Are you seeking attention? Why else would you try to seek out and argument over the internet when you don't even know what you are arguing about.

I'm glad you admitted that your E-buddy was a fraud however.Choose your E-buddies more carefully next time.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=304588

MIB the Internet Fraud!!

Comment

Yes, and? That was a legitimate question, much more so than your "Hagler's overated legacy". Hagler was a true fighter, he could box and slug, unlike the trickster Whitaker. But I don't wanna re-open that door!

Comment

I've always heard that Terry Norris trained just like he fought; high energy and lots of gym wars in sparring while preparing for fights. You have to have intensity when you train but Terry was so intense even while sparring that I think this contributed to his decline. There is this famous quote by somebody who witnessed Terry prepare for fights "Best boxing I ever watched live was sparring between the norris brothers". Terry and his brother Orlin really engaged one another in some unwarranted wars that had to have taken its toll over time. He was an exciting fighter to watch (one of my favorites) but I think he would have greatly benefited from stepping into the ring with some bigger name fighters as well. De La Hoya, Toney, Jones Jr, Hopkins, Trinidad and others were all around the same weight during the time he was active and it would have been nice to have seen him fight some of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Wukillabeez78 View Post
            I've always heard that Terry Norris trained just like he fought; high energy and lots of gym wars in sparring while preparing for fights. You have to have intensity when you train but Terry was so intense even while sparring that I think this contributed to his decline. There is this famous quote by somebody who witnessed Terry prepare for fights "Best boxing I ever watched live was sparring between the norris brothers". Terry and his brother Orlin really engaged one another in some unwarranted wars that had to have taken its toll over time. He was an exciting fighter to watch (one of my favorites) but I think he would have greatly benefited from stepping into the ring with some bigger name fighters as well. De La Hoya, Toney, Jones Jr, Hopkins, Trinidad and others were all around the same weight during the time he was active and it would have been nice to have seen him fight some of them...
            I have a good friend who was living in San Diego during Terry's hayday and trained with him. He says both brothers were brutal on sparring partners and each other. I have no doubt those sparring sessions have caught up to Terry today.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              I have a good friend who was living in San Diego during Terry's hayday and trained with him. He says both brothers were brutal on sparring partners and each other. I have no doubt those sparring sessions have caught up to Terry today.
              Especially when Orlin was a natural cruiser/heavyw.

Comment

Man, Terry Norris was a beast. Always wanted to fight. I love his win over John Mugabi. It's a classic one rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppage View Post
                  Man, Terry Norris was a beast. Always wanted to fight. I love his win over John Mugabi. It's a classic one rounder.
                  He had everything but a chin. If Norris had a better set of whiskers he may have gone down as an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    He had everything but a chin. If Norris had a better set of whiskers he may have gone down as an all time great.
                    Imo he was. Don't care what anybody says. His speed, skill and power comes by once every 20-30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Wukillabeez78 View Post

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                      X