Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you guys okay with boxers getting more money but less fights and against scrubs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing itself or just Mayweather/Pac? Aside from May, Pac, and Cotto-Marg II, name one boxing PPV that outsold the lowest UFC PPV last year. Generates more money? Do you think HBO got their dime back from Bradley/Alexander? HBO's budget was destroyed by that fight, thank goodness boxing has its two cash cows.

Put Gamboa on PPV and let's see if he deserves the high sex figures he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      If you dont know what else there is to fight for i suggest stop living you life by the ***** Bible
      fight for what??fans who turn their back on you and call you shot or overated if you lose.........hell naw show me the money.none of ya'll will give a damn about me if i get hurt and cant fight anymore

Comment

Originally posted by decideonsuicide View Post
        Boxing itself or just Mayweather/Pac? Aside from May, Pac, and Cotto-Marg II, name one boxing PPV that outsold the lowest UFC PPV last year. Generates more money? Do you think HBO got their dime back from Bradley/Alexander? HBO's budget was destroyed by that fight, thank goodness boxing has its two cash cows.

Put Gamboa on PPV and let's see if he deserves the high sex figures he wants.
        sooo why are you on a boxing forum???

Comment

Are you guys okay with boxers getting more money but less fights and against scrubs?
          you mean Floyd....oh yeas...real tired of it...

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            you mean Floyd....oh yeas...real tired of it...
            what scrub is floyd fighting??since manny fights the same damn fighters..........self ownage

Comment

Originally posted by decideonsuicide View Post
              You guys complain about fighters in other combat sports not getting paid enough but they fight three times a year and against competition relatively equal to their skill level.

What about boxers? They want high six figures, they fight once or twice a year. They want more money against high-profile matchups, then fights fall through. Then they end up fighting scrub instead. Shouldn't Mares be fighting Donaire?

I guess this is how boxing is though. This is what happens when fighters care most about themselves rather than the sport or competition.

Are you guys fine with that? Is this how boxing should be? Fighters renegotiating contracts, asking for big money when they're not stars, fighting twice a year, waiting 6 months or a year for bigger fights that aren't on their skill level, etc?
              fighters deserve every penny they get and then some. how many other athletes risk spending the rest of their lives in a wheelchair, unable to speak or take care of themselves when their careers are over soley because of the career they had chosen? .............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                fighters deserve every penny they get and then some. how many other athletes risk spending the rest of their lives in a wheelchair, unable to speak or take care of themselves when their careers are over soley because of the career they had chosen? .............Rockin'
                according to these posters they should come first.amazing how people can sit on a computer and say a fighter who risks their life to entertain them doesnt deserve to get paid

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                  a fighter should care more about himself.he's taking the damn risk so he should get the reward.its a job a job that can cost you your life.so you should damn well make sure you are compensated.........why should the promoters and mangers who aint risking their lifes get all the money??thats insane
                  There are MANY more jobs where workers are at a higher risk of losing their lives and get paid much less then the top boxers. And in every instance owners, managers, and bosses are making more money then the ones risking their lives... this isn't exclusive to boxing.

The bottom line is these guys (and all athletes for that matter) are lucky as **** to be being paid millions to play a sport. They do so much less work then the average worker in America and get paid much more. Quit crying, fight your fights, cash your paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                    according to these posters they should come first.amazing how people can sit on a computer and say a fighter who risks their life to entertain them doesnt deserve to get paid
                    it's plain ignorance, or all of these guys may be promoters who will pay as little as possible to get you in the ring inspite of all of the risks.

I did get a 25% bonuse one time for "putting on a good show" as the promoter said. I busted this guy out hard in 1 round so he rewarded me.

Baseball players earn millions yet are never really at risk. Add in basketball, soccer or any sport you want. A ton of these athletes are being paid multi-millions, a ton of them. Now look back and figure how many fighters earned 1 million dollars that year or for their careers at that matter. Out of the thousands of fighters what percent earn one million dollars in a career let alone one fight.

Fighters deserve every penny and then some......Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 03-05-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      They do so much less work then the average worker in America and get paid much more. Quit crying, fight your fights, cash your paycheck.
                      Lmfao at your comment Danny. There are a small handfull making millions while there are thousands and thousands of fighters fighting for $50-$100 a round.

In a workout of 2-1/2 hours I would put out more energy than most civilian workers would put out in a week. Your view is skewed. Boxers do less work..... shiiiiit!............Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X