No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by megabandp View Post
    Keep in mind that number of punches is determined by some biased idiot in a booth. There's no way canelo took 200 clean punches to the head come on.
    can't argue with lil g string fanboys. 200 shots to the head on any fighter would have him KO'd. they will make up facts out of thin air

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
      shut the **** up you dumb latin ******. lick my balls. Canelo lost ****. **** mexico and pr
      You owe me some FKN $$$4 YOU POS!!!! Pay the FUK UP!

Comment

• this was cotto vs margarito 1 all over again, minus the plaster of course..

who would've thought canelo had footwork like that..he surprised me. he was on his toes boxing like leonard did vs hagler just stopping briefly for a combo then back to dancing.

ggg's most effective shot as expected was that jab. nobody has an answer for that weapon.

i had canelo winning because he was picking him apart using his aggression against him. ggg did a whole lot of missing on the ropes but lampley could care less he was calling them as landed shots anyway.

canelos upper body movement is slicker than oil but ggg has arguably the greatest chin since hagler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime 407 View Post
          GGG won the fight 115-113, he gave away early rounds which wont happen in the rematch.

Only thing that changes in the rematch is GGG will not have respect for Canelo like he did early on. Canelo can't stand toe to toe with GGG so he'll stick to his boxing gameplan and lose.
          I knew GGG wouldn't get a fair shake in this one. I thought the judges would wrap the fight with a ribbon and give it to Canelo, so I am relieved GGG got the draw, LOL. GGG needed a KO to best Canelo in Vegas, and Canelo was never in the slightest danger of getting stopped. Would be interesting to see the punchstats. It's weird that boxsingscene gave rounds 9 10 11 to Canelo and round 12 to GGG - I thought it was exactly the other way around. Corrupt boxingscene judges? LOL.

To me, this is a bit like Ward-Kovalev 1. GGG was robbed of a win, but I don't know if he can win the rematch. Canelo performed better than I expected. He has higher handspeed and better reflexes. And he's the much younger fighter. GGG can try to start faster, but Canelo will probably not stay on the ropes as much.

Oh well, I hope GGG makes a ton of money... and even more in the rematch. He may not get a win, but at least he will be a rich man.

Comment

• kinda shat that enspires a lot of negative reinforcement leaves a sour taste after a great fight

Comment

• It's hilarious the same Canelo fans that trashed Lara for getting on his bike and justified his win in that one now want to claim Canelo won because he did the same thing. At least the Canelo fans at the arena had the balls to acknowledge he should've lost this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                if Canelo had stamina he would be a legend. When he is on, he genuinely outboxed GGG rather visibly
                I definatelly agree with this analysis. Canelo is the better technical fighter.

GGG has a much better engine and can work hard for the full 12rounds. Canelo needs breaks but when he's fresh he's clearly the better boxer at the beginning of the round/beginning of the fight in my opinion. He gets tired and goes to the ropes for a break

Comment

• Originally posted by CinderelliMan View Post
                  115 to 113 in favor of Golovkin I think the draw is complete bs. I think that crack smoking judge should be banned.

I enjoyed the fight a rematch will be fun and as a Golovkin fan I am fearful canelo will have his number next go around.
                  he doesnt even need to have his number he has the judges.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG View Post
                    shut the **** up you dumb latin ******. lick my balls. Canelo lost ****. **** mexico and pr
                    Take some typing classes, you stupid pedophile Russian. You got an ass whooping today. Take this phuckin L. Babushka my phucking nuts.

Comment

• I had it 115-113 GGG. The Byrd card was completely basura, but I can't complain about the other two.

Comment

Working...
                      X