No announcement yet.

Controversy @ the Oscars Over Black Discrimination

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    The Oscars is kind of a silly thing, really, because it's a film competition where they decide what was the best movie of the year......... made in Hollywood.

Don't get me wrong, I do love some Fat Yank movies, but I'll watch independent US movies over Hollywood 24/7.

Hollywood obviously make the slicker product, but that's what it is... a product.

As for this whole silly argument, the fact that black people don't get enough roles is to blame, as evidenced by the fact that actors are saying "well, a black guy should have won for one of these two roles that black guys got to play this year."

Really, it's a piss take. As is Will Smith asking for one. The **** will be asking for a grammy for "Getting Jiggy With It" next.

Here's the real Smith:

Hollywood, in and of itself, lives in a very different world than the rest of us "common folk."

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      The Oscars is kind of a silly thing, really, because it's a film competition where they decide what was the best movie of the year......... made in Hollywood.

Don't get me wrong, I do love some Fat Yank movies, but I'll watch independent US movies over Hollywood 24/7.

Hollywood obviously make the slicker product, but that's what it is... a product.

As for this whole silly argument, the fact that black people don't get enough roles is to blame, as evidenced by the fact that actors are saying "well, a black guy should have won for one of these two roles that black guys got to play this year."

Really, it's a piss take. As is Will Smith asking for one. The **** will be asking for a grammy for "Getting Jiggy With It" next.

Here's the real Smith:

Will Smith had it all once.

He was White Americas favorite black guy.

He danced, he rapped, he acted, he smiled, he was light skinned, but no ghetto side to him.

Steph Curry took it all though...

He's basically white at this point, white people took him.
      Last edited by AddiX; 02-25-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Black people really take the L on this one. The majority seem to be convinced that the only reason they didn't get nominated is because of racism, not because, you know, they didn't deliver a performance worthy of a nomination. One movie that I hear over and over should have been nominated is Creed. I saw Creed. Paid money to see it. Good movie, but Oscars? No.

The funniest part to me is that a Mexican national is likely to win back-to-back Best Director and Best Picture awards, but blacks are crying about lack of diversity? Are you kidding me?

Comment

Just for the record Will Smith and his ****ty Jamaican accent should not have been nominated. Now Idris Elba on the other hand should've been. His performance in Beasts of No Nation was fan-****ing-tastic but he's not African American so the nerds on Twitter didn't complain

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Black people really take the L on this one. The majority seem to be convinced that the only reason they didn't get nominated is because of racism, not because, you know, they didn't deliver a performance worthy of a nomination. One movie that I hear over and over should have been nominated is Creed. I saw Creed. Paid money to see it. Good movie, but Oscars? No.

The funniest part to me is that a Mexican national is likely to win back-to-back Best Director and Best Picture awards, but blacks are crying about lack of diversity? Are you kidding me?
            You can't be diverse unless a black person is in it-black people, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X