Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoker Tomarrow Night

**edit**
    Had the fight already videos on Page 2

So I have a fight on Friday, I was told that im fighting a friend of my which sucks because I was looking to let it all go in my first unofficial fight, but anyhow I still want to show some skill. Hes a bit smaller and quicker than me.

We both sparred other guys on Tuesday, and I sparred someone who is bigger and is a bit wild. I have sparred him before and he gave me my first black eye LOL, but this time was different, I have gotten alot better...and since he telegraphs his rights I found it alot easier to duck under it or move away. I stunned him with a counter righthand in the forth round (first time ever doing that) I back off..but it was fun. Anyhow the guy im fighting on friday sparred also, but he did not do so well, he was trying to fight inside which wasn't working out for him.

So anyway...here is a vid of my sparring the guy im fighting tomarrow, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. I know I can do better..this vid was a couple months ago, I did better the last couple times we sparred..

White Gloves

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43700234&hl=en
    Last edited by cybernica; 03-03-2007, 10:51 AM.

which one are you

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Gent View Post
      which one are you
      White gloves my bad...

Comment

If you are the guy with the white gloves against a sharp boxer he would tag you with rights almost at will. You're jab looks a little lazy at times. You threw a nice 1-2 combo at 2:40

Comment

You still looked pretty good and although at time your jab looked lazy you did a good job at keeping the other guy at distance which is what you should be doing with smaller guys

Comment

Thanks...So you mean snap the jab back, gotta work on that...I think my output now is alot more than it was then, meaning the volume of punches...so using the jab is the main key, oh and he tends to gas out..which was bad for him on Tuesday.

Comment

well yeh Your jab should have more purpose and more snap, you seem to be using your jab well to make an opening to land a straight right which you managed a number of times there to good effect. Just If i was sparring you I would of picked an opporunity to slip your jab and land a big right. Thats the only main fault I see in your boxing is you leave yourself open after the jab, but other than that your look decent and If you have size over the guy you're fighting then get too work on trying to make your jab sharper

Comment

So when you say leaving myself open, how to correct that...bring it back to the guard or you mean like im squaring up?

Heres the third round..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...76506470&hl=en

Comment

Mayb its because your jab is kinda slow and when you bring it back you bring your hand back low leaving you vulnerable to a right hand

Comment

That gym is nice as hell.

If you stick behind your jab in the fight you should be fine because when you did that in the video, he looked lost. And if he ever tries to throw that lazy ass right hook in your fight like I saw him do a few times load up on a straight right.

Comment

Working...
                    X