No announcement yet.

Cotto mitt work with Roach today, hitting hard and looks sharp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True That View Post
    Marquez is retired, looks like Shane decided to retire as well. Cotto already stated that this is his last year so he is retiring by years end.

And yeah, to me he looks good. They are working on attacking from angles and the sides, that's why you see sticking and moving. It's part of the game plan for Kamegai. He's punching crisply, movement looks good. For pad work/mitt work and what they are working on for the fight it looks good.

But anyway, Cotto will be on the list with the many others that decided 2017 they would retire.

Hopefully a fight like Cotto-Matthysse gets made for December 2nd, then after that retirement.
    I dont wanna see him fight matthysse. I rather see him fight a danny garcia or a thurman at like 150 that would be a huge fight. Can you imagine cotto vs Garcia at the garden in december. That would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
      I dont wanna see him fight matthysse. I rather see him fight a danny garcia or a thurman at like 150 that would be a huge fight. Can you imagine cotto vs Garcia at the garden in december. That would be amazing.

I think Thurman might be too young and good for Cotto at this stage of his career, just my opinion though.

Danny Garcia, I don't know why but I just can't get myself up for that one, not sure why.

Was just thinking out of his possible options like Kell Brook, Khan, Margarito 3 or Matthysse.

Between those guys, if he fights Brook and wins people will say Brook was already done after losing back to back to GGG and Spence.
      If he beats Khan, people will say Khan was a glass jawed bum who just got KO'd and is a part time boxer, etc., etc..

Margarito I would like to see because Cotto would beat his ass really bad right now. They have a lot of history together, bad blood. But....Margarito is way past it though. He's 39 years old and done, will people pay for that on PPV?

This brings me to Mathysse. He had the best performance on the Canelo-Chavez card, he performed better than Canelo, Lemieux, etc...

The trainer rivalry between Joel Diaz and Roach would be renewed.

At this stage of both guys careers it just makes the most sense for both. It would also be easy to make since both are with Golden Boy.

But this is just my opinion though. I respect yours too on who you want to see Cotto fight.

But we will see what happens, we'll find out soon enough after Kamegai.

Comment

Always have liked cottos style. Very solid and excellent all around fighter

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          Cotto is fighting a guy who lost to Guerrero man....Should be over in under 6 rounds
          Guerrero squeaked by that fight. Haven't watched it since it aired live but I remember thinking it could have been a draw.

Comment

Looks a tad slower tbh.

That long layoff will affect him in the late rounds against a guy like Kamaiga.

Comment

Looking sharp....?????

Comment

You know Freddys pissing blood after those left hooks to the body

Comment

Yep, Sharp and a lot of the reporters and media thought he did as well that attended the media work out.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
                    Yep, Sharp and a lot of the reporters and media thought he did as well that attended the media work out.
                    Impressive considering his long lay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                      Impressive considering his long lay off.

Yup, the proof will be in the pudding come fight night.

Comment

Working...
                      X