No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by el malo View Post
    http://www.badlefthook. com/2015/10/21/9582570/golovkin-lemiuex-sells-roughly-150000-ppvs

There's a update in this article saying it's struggling to reach 125k.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Bunch of bums. Jk I had 4 people asking me for streams.
      As they should, if PPV's are gonna continue, then we need to hold these fools to a higher standard, just like in the last 3 PPV's.

You want me to pay an extra $60-70 on top of my cable bill, start showing a better product.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        As they should, if PPV's are gonna continue, then we need to hold these fools to a higher standard, just like in the last 3 PPV's.

You want me to pay an extra $60-70 on top of my cable bill, start showing a better product.
        Naw, they need to pay their cable bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Naw, they need to pay their cable bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            If that were the case then Cotto-Margarito would have done a million because that was as hyped as this bout. It did 525K. So no it doesn't work like that.
            at that time 525k was great for Cotto and Margarito who the last did not have the fan base that Canelo have, Plus who tough that May-Pac was going to make 4m+ PPV?? Nobody everybody was actually predicting they were gonna make around 2.4 to 2.8m PPV, my point is that when 2 popular fighters with huge fan base collided PPV sells.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
              just gave you green..
              you should change the title to 125k instead of 150k...
              Back atchu, ticket sales went well and the event looked like it was going to do massive numbers. Not sure what went wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
                at that time 525k was great for Cotto and Margarito who the last did not have the fan base that Canelo have, Plus who tough that May-Pac was going to make 4m+ PPV?? Nobody everybody was actually predicting they were gonna make around 2.4 to 2.8m PPV, my point is that when 2 popular fighters with huge fan base collided PPV sells.
                Yeah I could see it selling more but I'd be pleasantly surprised if they hit a mil. Nothing suggests Canelo's popularity now is double what Cotto's was then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                  Back atchu, ticket sales went well and the event looked like it was going to do massive numbers. Not sure what went wrong.
                  The casual fans don't like spending 60 dollars to watch an event on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    Weidman, Rousey, McGregor, Jones...their cards are usually STACKED and HEAVILY promoted. They are scheduled perfectly usually as well.
                    Thats pretty much there business model. The UFC doesn't work like boxing. More more organised. Much more structured. These fighters have captured the publics imagination while others haven't.

Same difference as in boxing. Only difference is its a more consistent product. In boxing theres numerous en****** who put out PPV's for several different reasons.

For example most agreed GGG vs Lemieux wasn't a PPV quality fight in appeal, competitiveness or name value, but HBO's budget wasn't going to be able to cover it. So its a PPV or it probably doesn't happen. On the flip side everyone agrees Cotto vs Canelo is a PPV quality fight under whatever qualifying factors you wanna use. And you'll see drastically different results for these events I predict (& most would too I imagine).

Something else notable few have mentioned is when you have 3 PPV's in a 10 week period they are bound to cannibalize each other a lil exactly because boxing isn't structured like the UFC is. The UFC wants to minimize cannibalization of its own product. In boxing there are so many different en****** & different levels of PPV thus cannibalization isn't a concern or less of a concern.

PPV is still viable, but people are way more selective nowadays.
                    People have been selective with PPV purchases.

In 1991 Tyson vs Ruddock had over 2M buys (1.2M + 900k) for their 2 heavily hyped & discussed fights. Same year two unproven, largely unknown HW prospects (Mercer & Morrison) had 200k buys for their fight.

In 2015 the two biggest PPV draws in the history of the sport fought in a perceived competitive fight by many fans & had over 4M PPV buys. This month it appears one growing name fought a largely unknown name in a fight not deemed very competitive & it fails to hit 200k.

Things aren't really that different if you really look into boxing PPV numbers over the last nearly 3 decades its been around. There isn't really much that doesn't have a story attached to it that makes sense with the numbers that the PPV did.

Comment

• Rick Glaser will have the real number tommorrow or friday.

Comment

Working...
                      X