Biggest robberies in the last 10 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    It was a robbery.

Mayweather was blatantly robbed of a clear unanimous decision victory.
    I don't think thats how the others meant it. But you are right of course, Oscar won 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      How by falling over and excessive holding???

The fights on youtube mate, the best shots were landed by froch in rounds 3 AND 8.

Dirrell best round was round 10 were he had a point rightfully deducted.

He also ducked illegally by showing the back of his head.

Only ray charles could have scored that to Dirrell...
      Sorry I watched it in HD, not on youtube. Maybe this explains our different opinions about the fight ...

Comment

Originally posted by cleming View Post
        Sorry I watched it in HD, not on youtube. Maybe this explains our different opinions about the fight ...

sorry i was there live, slightly better than your view...

move on and admit froch is better than you...

Comment

Rios vs Abril

Comment

Just watched Campillo Cloud. Holy crap, 8 rounds for Cloud??? He won 3, maybe 4. Round 11 was close. One of the worst scores I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Just watched Campillo Cloud. Holy crap, 8 rounds for Cloud??? He won 3, maybe 4. Round 11 was close. One of the worst scores I've ever seen.
              If you thought that was a travesty go watch the Shumenov Campillo rematch.

I feel bad for guys like Campillo. Here's a fighter who literally fights anyone, has two championship fights where he gets robbed.

Then he signs up to fight a future great in Kovalev and gets KOed, his career takes a setback.

He never had the glory of being a two time champion.

Now he's signed up to fight Beterbiev and that might end horribly for him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                If you thought that was a travesty go watch the Shumenov Campillo rematch.

I feel bad for guys like Campillo. Here's a fighter who literally fights anyone, has two championship fights where he gets robbed.

Then he signs up to fight a future great in Kovalev and gets KOed, his career takes a setback.

He never had the glory of being a two time champion.

Now he's signed up to fight Beterbiev and that might end horribly for him as well.
                Just watched it pursuant to your advice. 9 rounds to 3 for Shumenov: Unbelievable.

I actually scored it 10-2 for Campillo. However, round 5 could have went to Shumenov, and I think the 10th round was close. But the 3rd round could have went to Campillo as well. I can see it 8-4 for Campillo, which might be a smidge generous for Shumenov. No frigging way Shumenov won more than 4 rounds. I guess you can say that's worse than the Cloud fight, but some of the rounds were tougher to score as Shumenov gave a better effort. A couple of things:

The commentators for the video I saw were desperate to give Shumenov rounds for some reason. Shumenov threw a lot of punches but he had a very hard time landing anything clean as most of the punches were either blocked or partially blocked. Also, Shumenov was so tense and tried to destroy Campillo with every punch that it caused him to gas out. He needed to calm down a bit and use his jab more.

The word "robbery" gets thrown around too often but it perfectly describes this decision. God awful. Poor Campillo : He gets robbed twice from what I saw (people mention the Murat fight which I did not see yet) and then gets anally raped by Kovalev.
                Last edited by Derranged; 03-18-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Campillo against Shumenov and Murat. That poor guy got robbed against everyone people blew Hopkins for beating.
                  Shumenov and Cloud were disgraceful as noted above.

I just watched the Murat fight and that wasn't quite as bad as the other two. 8-4 Campillo is what I had. There were some close rounds and I suppose a draw was not completely out of the question. But 9-3 for Murat is a joke.

Comment

Really surprised nobody mentioned Sam Peter -James Toney I. Toney clearly won 116-111 (8 rounds to 4). 116-111 (9 rounds to 3) for Peter was unffuckin real.

I re-watched Lara Williams. Before this I only saw the fight once and didn't watch closely enough to score. That was awful. Williams might have landed one really good punch the entire fight. He won 3 rounds at best, 4 if you want to be generous. Williams looked terrible.

Comment

Working...
                    X