Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 08-18-2017, 06:40 AM #1
Banned

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Josh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond reputeJosh knight has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,053,565.66
Default Rock is f>cking dead

To be honest it probably died out when Cobain died. It's long gone now. All these pop rock bubble gum boys. I actually have a friend in the record industry. He said that they don't want bands to be big and famous. They just want one hit wonders. So then they have control.
Josh knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:45 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 887 Post(s)
TheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigLug has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,101,000,043,892.88
Ball point pen..lol - Nomadic No Message - anthonydavid11 Here is a tasty American Cheeseburger - JimRaynor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh knight View Post
To be honest it probably died out when Cobain died. It's long gone now. All these pop rock bubble gum boys. I actually have a friend in the record industry. He said that they don't want bands to be big and famous. They just want one hit wonders. So then they have control.
I work in the music industry and there's a real of truth to that.

It's a lot to do with proper bands needing to be built on credibility, which means time to develop on their own and let it grow organically to a certain degree. Also, the album is less important than it used to be seeing as everyone can pick and choose what songs they want from iTunes or streaming services. So now the emphasis is on having a hit that gets streamed a lot on Youtube, Apple Music, Spotify etc..

Essentially it's much cheaper to get in a pop singer/dancer, provide them with a song written by a writer to have basically employed, make the right video and just push it online.

What will usually happen is they get songs provided by songwriters, the record company will take a cut of the publishing and royalties and they will also make sure the artist gets a writing credit on the song, even if they didn't do anything which is usually the case, but they have the songwriters over a barrel because they know there's still a lot of money in it for them if the song gets to the right singer, even if it means giving up a big % of the royalties. It's much harder to do this with bands, because they're usually writing their own material.

So yeah, it's about control and keeping as much money in-house as possible. It's also just about the ease of being able to offer a product to turn a quick profit in the current climate where there simply isn't as much money in the industry due to the internet and streaming and whatnot. It's much easier to turn over a quick profit with a two-bit singer/dancer puppet than it is to let a band develop, less risk too.
TheBigLug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:10 AM #3
NSB's Reasonable Guy

Quoted: 10074 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,658,979,072,998,977,306,624.00
Total Points: 9,114,192,759,605,270,937,600.00
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas 

Dude I thought you The Rock. I was sad for a mfing rough second there.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:33 AM #4
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 6698 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,377,074,931,721,954,131,968.00
Total Points: 24,377,074,931,721,954,131,968.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 

Rock music basically sucks now. It has grown stale.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:05 AM #5
Lords of Boxingscene

Quoted: 3438 Post(s)
-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,000,000,000,000,000,905,969,664.00
Total Points: 20,000,000,000,000,001,811,939,328.00
for all the great tail you posted - Santa_ Sex on the beaxh, you earnt it - Mr Ehrmantraut great gifs - UTEP A Medalla sounds good ! - BERNIE'S CORNER No Message - Sake1 
gracias hermano! - Amazinger great gif - BOXEO _ May You Prosper - Enayze buen dia hermano! - Amazinger This medalla will go good with the mondongo. - BERNIE'S CORNER 
In lieu of green - jazluvr Respect - siablo14 thanks man, I got creative on that one :D - Beercules Feliz Navidad !!!  🍮 - BERNIE'S CORNER Merry Chrismas -jose- - TBear 
You can have your cake and eat it too! Enjoy! - JimRaynor post 7447 in the latina thread....hnnnng - Santa_ for all that ASS ASS ASS in the gif thread - Sup A medal for the lovely ladies you posted in the latina thread - BOXEO _ Just found out how to gift back....thanks for the love shown.....top poster - *TonyMontana* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - RossCA Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Russian Crushin Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Russian Crushin Childhood Cancer - HUGH JASS 
Childhood Cancer - HUGH JASS Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MELLY-MEL... World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Aztekkas Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - led 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - bigdlb12 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - bigdlb12 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - bigdlb12 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BOXEO _ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
lmao!!! so did I

I dropped a manly tear for a second
-jose- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:30 PM #6
New York City sucks

Quoted: 3341 Post(s)
Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093,464,041,279,740,416.00
Total Points: 1,093,467,151,216,556,544.00
Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* 
Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have a beer,can't green you again lol - HughJass Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! You da man - Beercules Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu Happy New Year, Jew Boy - Rocky... 
Happy New Year lad!! All the best for 2016!! - Pretty Boy1 :lol1: - -jose- wut up jew? - Kuyukut cheers holmes - Mike D My bad, mate. Cheers! - .:: JSFD26 ::. 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - PorterIsFuture Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BM dnobagaV World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 

Virtually all music genres have turned into pop.
Derranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:38 PM #7
STRAPMEUP

Quoted: 9157 Post(s)
GriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond reputeGriffTannen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,322,929,320,538,288.00
Total Points: 10,145,323,151,881,601,024.00
........one more - King- enjoy,bro - King- good post. here take some strudel - King- A Triple G licensed vibrator for your ass lmao!! - Golovkin #TMT - sugarsmosley 
punk ass hoe - Bardock one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. U are f*****g **** b**** - King_ you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. Solid Poster!!! - Box-Office 
your gay love for Floyd - Freedom. Happy Kwanzaa - Freedom. Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Here ya go cunt - krazyn8tive No harsh feelings ;) - Slick Slayer 
Cheers! And my bad lol - Slick Slayer thanks for the stream - Santa_ fake german troll - Weltschmerz trolling twat - Weltschmerz wannabe German - Weltschmerz 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Lol me too. I was like this phaggots prob trolling
GriffTannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:42 PM #8
Swag Concierge

Quoted: 9618 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 147,742,663,526,795,264.00
Total Points: 147,742,677,727,074,720.00
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 "I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't." I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derranged View Post
Virtually all music genres have turned into pop.
Yeah. You can't even listen to the radio anymore, the same songs are on every block.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:48 PM #9
Wrapidad was garbage

Quoted: 2055 Post(s)
baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,632,821,562,065,328.00
Total Points: 33,617,632,821,562,286,080.00
Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- :rofl::rofl: - -jose- Feliz NNavidad broSki! - -jose- 
martinez gimp in cotto fight, fact, read that thread lil homie - Tha_Greatest For your support - -Weltschmerz- Stick this up your arse f@ggot - Rocky... Good poster - torosboxing75 the icon says it all - jazluvr 
Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- I had a Zenith :kiss: - -jose- It's nice to be appreciated for once Haha ! - Brick Top No Message - Brick Top Haha, here's one on me. - BOXEO _ 
Great work in the Trump thread. If I'm ever in San Jose ima hit you up. - Santa_ Salud - BERNIE'S CORNER Salud - BERNIE'S CORNER Cheers Lad - Rocky... "like, totes antiquated" clever! - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jas 

as long as we have QOTSA, arctic monkeys, the black keys, wolfmother then i'm good.

that new QOTSA album is going to be awesome, it's like a follow-up to Them Crooked Vultures.
baya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:03 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
ea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond reputeea22 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,037,355.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by baya View Post
as long as we have QOTSA, arctic monkeys, the black keys, wolfmother then i'm good.

that new QOTSA album is going to be awesome, it's like a follow-up to Them Crooked Vultures.
I am looking forward to the Villains album but arctic monkeys and the black keys haven't made an album in forever and doesn't look like they will any time soon. Rock is looking pretty bad overall but there are some glimmers of hope here and there. Foo Fighters might release a new album soon.
ea22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
dead, f>cking, rock

User Tag List