Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abel Sanchez: "I never thought much of Thurman...this 'One Time' thing is a myth."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only reason why danny is hated was because of the Matthyse fight. people thought Matthyse would Ko him. Matthyse losses to a past his prime Judah. His rob salka fight sucks, but every champion had a tuneup fight against weaker opponents. You can hate on angel, but Danny is the one who is fighting Thurman.
    Last edited by RomanReigns; 01-31-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Not that I can't see Danny winning, but that's a bit harsh from Sanchez.

The big question with Thurman is what happens if Danny isn't shaken by his power. Danny's style mightn't look like much, but he is very effective in pocket exchanges. Where he has struggled is where he has been forced to lead. I think Crawford would beat him clearly for example, because if Peterson could confuse him then Crawford could embarrass him.

But is Thurman really capable of playing the counterpuncher? Does he even want to? If not then Herrera, Peterson etc aren't relevant. It's a question of his firepower overwhelming Danny. And no one has done that yet.

Comment

Kind of agree with Abel here, Garcia takes this fight IMHO. Thurman still hasn't improve enough to beat someone like Danny, I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia stopped the wild and wide Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingWords View Post
          I don't know man.. Shawn Porter was a good win.. I sensed some salt on that statement..
          why would he be salty?? he has no dog in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            I respect Thurman and i like his attitude, but i dont think he is all that great as a boxer. Great athlete mind.

I think Garcia is going to win that fight.
            After getting ousted from the LMS I & II, I'm skeptical choosing a winner .. But I'm team one time

Comment

Interesting pricing for the fight (per Betfair):

Thurman 2/5 or -250
              Garcia 15/8 or +188

Oddschecker have 65% of the bets backing Garcia but that might be due to low volume.

Comment

What's Thurman to Sanchez? This old f*g doesn't usually criticize someone with a motive or a purpose behind it.

I favor Thurman to beat Garcia, btw.

Comment

Thurman is not bigger than Garcia. It's the opposite. Boxrec lists Garcia as 5'8.5", while Thurman is only 5'7.5".

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    That happens in a competitive division.

Abel isn't one to talk....his best fighter is in a dead division,and unwilling to challenge himself.
                    Abel is One Talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      That happens in a competitive division.

Abel isn't one to talk....his best fighter is in a dead division,and unwilling to challenge himself.
                      GGG creates the illusion of a dead division. If you run over everyone it's dead. If you struggle it creates an illusion of competitive. Collazo and diego type level of competition would not last 3 rounds with ggg.

Comment

Working...
                      X