Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin speaks four languages, while other stars can barely read in their native.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    What you say is true. Still, learning languages is not only for direct benefits. It helps to open your head, and learn about other cultures.

Canelo is other example. The man can barely speak his own language. WTF.
    Canelo is stupid, that's why. How many native English speakers can't speak English properly? Lots. How many people who speak English exclusively say "should of" instead of "should have", "me and Jim" instead of "Jim and I" etc.

Some people just aren't good enough or smart enough when it comes to languages.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      What you say is true. Still, learning languages is not only for direct benefits. It helps to open your head, and learn about other cultures.
      I'll agree with it stimulating the mind and being a healthy thing, though I won't bash anyone for not learning another language. The greatest businessman I've ever personally known had a heavy, Brooklyn accent straight out of a Scorsese movie and couldn't even understand the British.

Comment

I'm so glad speaking multiple languages makes you such a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Many Europeans learn other languages because it's either required in school or because they have so many neighboring countries. In Africa, it's even more common for people to speak 3 or 4 languages.

I've personally never seen anyone say he was stupid because of his broken English.
          Same here.

Lol read between the lines, the thread is actually irrelevant to what his critics say about him, look at the jabs he's throwing. The thread was made simply to throw a shot at a certain some one (Floyd and his reading issues).

Comment

I'll agree with it stimulating the mind and being a healthy thing, though I won't bash anyone for not learning another language. The greatest businessman I've ever personally known had a heavy, Brooklyn accent straight out of a Scorsese movie and couldn't even understand the British.
            Agreed.

Speaking more than one language is not indicative of intelligence or competence. Stupid people are still stupid, even if they speak multiple languages.

Comment

I rather be good at making money than intelligent.

Henry Ford had his hired dorks solve the brain teasers while he grew the business.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Mayorga talks himself into fights.

Erislandy talks himself into a fight.

The unknown Richard Abril talks himself into a fight.

Despite his mainstream popularity gennady falls flat and faced no very good fighter.
                You don't seem to understand the difference.

You name fighters who have a ton of flaws, who might outbox you or have shown alot of weaknesses.

If you face GGG you will get hurt, will get punished, will get destroyed.

GGG just on a way different level. Otherwise these guys would have some balls to face him and stop ducking. Go ask the promoters, everyone knows that GGG is a monster so they are avoiding him or asking for insane amounts of cash to face him.

I still wonder why some of you guys are filled with hate anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  You don't seem to understand the difference.

You name fighters who have a ton of flaws, who might outbox you or have shown alot of weaknesses.

If you face GGG you will get hurt, will get punished, will get destroyed.

GGG just on a way different level. Otherwise these guys would have some balls to face him and stop ducking. Go ask the promoters, everyone knows that GGG is a monster so they are avoiding him or asking for insane amounts of cash to face him.

I still wonder why some of you guys are filled with hate anyhow.
                  Yes, he's on a different level. The lower levels.

He hurt himself by facing no one impressive.

gennady passes up on opportunities for greatness.

Comment

That doesn't change the fact that his prime is going away and he hasn't really fought anybody scary.

Comment

"Blow blow"

Comment

Working...
                      X