Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your reflections on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Whats the point of that i dont get it
    So once they saw what the nuclear bomb could do, perhaps they would have surrendered. But that's really moot, because they didn't even surrender after the first bomb was dropped on them, which did kill thousands of Japanese people.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      I guess we should have invaded Japan, which would have resulted in at the least hundreds of thousands of the US lives. Yeah, good call.....
      You seem emotionally caught up in this epic 3 page thread.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        You seem emotionally caught up in this epic 3 page thread.
        No, I just want to know what TS would have done.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          literally LOL'ing....
          Did you also like the way I got a response that didn't even pick up on my sarcasm?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            Did you also like the way I got a response that didn't even pick up on my sarcasm?
            Yeah my bad.

What would you have done???

Comment

No, I just want to know what TS would have done.
              Whatever he would of done, I get the sense it would include Miley Cyrus.

Comment

.........................what should have been done TS??? Your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
                  IMO the bombs were dropped for 2 reasons.

Avoid the nightmare of invading Japan and the US casulties.
                  For real? I thought it was because they wanted to organise a jello and tea party and couldn't afford Ronald McDonald for the gig. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I guess we should have invaded Japan, which would have resulted in at the least hundreds of thousands of the US lives. Yeah, good call.....
                    That logic would make sense if the US hadn't gone to war multiple times since.

Comment

I have read a few books on what lead up to developing the bomb and what happened after we dropped it.

America and the world did not know what was really going to happen and how devastating it would be. The technology was new and they didn't even know if it would work the way it was supposed to.

Also invading Japan was going to be a lot more deaths. They also did not know if Germany had developed the bomb and wanted to beat them to getting it.

It was just a different time then.

Comment

Working...
                      X