Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Berto the luckiest fighter in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuickKO View Post
    he had rick ross and chris brown and tyga cheering for him at his fights every time berto would land a punch ross would stand up and straighten his jacket and pretend to leave the arena

got me dying with the Ross comment

Comment

When was he ever in a bad fight?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        This guy has made millions off potential and connection rather than accomplishment.

How did he get so lucky?
        Somehow he met Al Haymon. I think he's been with Al for 75% or better of his career. IMO that's lottery ticket luck.

Comment

Actually its because he was an incredible fighter, high ko%, action fighter, no controversies, not flamboyant ....the type of fighter you guys say you wanted to see during the Mayweather era....
          "you aint sh|t if youre winning and you aint sh|t if you lose"
          Last edited by HURTFEELINGS; 06-27-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I mean he has a following I guess and a pinch of luck. U can say the same about Victor Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              the **** you talking about, andre berto had a very good career and was a good fighter. he aws in the fight of hte year in 2011 FFS. were you asleep?!
              and the following year he was in another absolute classic with robert guerrero.

there's nothing wrong with not being an all time great. berto 100% had the talent and the background to be a world champion [in an era with four titles at 147,] and get on TV. i'm happy for him, he was smart with his money and he's rich now.

boxing took a ton out of that guy. he had a long, hard career. i don't respect or take you seriously if you don't get that. frankly i don't think you were even watching boxing at the time. he's even starting to sound a little punchy.
              The fight against Jesus Soto Karass was a slugfest. Shamelessly putting my own HL video of it here

Also like you mentioned, the Guerrero fight was absolute war. And you know what else? The first fight with Victor Ortiz. The second fight wasn't a war, but Berto dropped Ortiz with an absolutely beautiful uppercut there and finished him quickly

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                I realize it was reasonable to hate Andre Berto way back when he turned down 2 million to fight Cotto because he was already making 1 million to fight Freddy Hernandez, but Andre Berto has been one of the most entertaining fighters of his generation and, outside of Mayweather, when the hell has he ever been in a boring fight??

the hernandez thing is really the worst it got, and before that he did a lot right. and after that he did a lot right, too.

i have no problems at all with the compeition he faced or the money he made. the guy was a proven contender for years with a crowd pleasing style. not everybody is floyd mayweather or manny pacquiao. or shane mosley. or even miguel cotto.

the guys who make it to premium TV and fight top guys for years should be rich. berto is rich primarily for the right reasons. enjoy your money, andre.
                Last edited by New England; 06-27-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Andre Butthole is part of that PBC recycling program.

Just as we've seen recently with Austin Trout.

Comment

He was one of Haymon's first fighters so Al keeps rewarding him with more opportunities. He also is an exciting fighter with good name recognition so he'll keep getting fights even if he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                      This guy has made millions off potential and connection rather than accomplishment.

How did he get so lucky?
                      Al Haymon who can make a C level fighter millions and a Boring fighter like Floyd 400 million Thats how Look at Broner he's making 2 million a fight he's only worth 100,000 a fight

Comment

Working...
                      X