No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia vs Joshua Clottey at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Garcia vs Joshua Clottey at 147

Clottey that fought Cotto vs Garcia Pre-Thurman.

what ever happen to clottey??? did he retired?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      clottey would beat that a$$

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Garcia beats him. Clottey was a decent boxer but he would never get out of 1st or 2nd gear. He was ahead of Margarito and then he decided to coast the last half of the fight and lose. He was happy shelling up and letting Pacquiao tee off on him. He threw like 4 punches per round and the one or two that landed left Pacquiao bruised up. Garcia would eek out a decision because Clottey would make no effort to win.

Comment

garcia UD.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            Garcia beats him. Clottey was a decent boxer but he would never get out of 1st or 2nd gear. He was ahead of Margarito and then he decided to coast the last half of the fight and lose. He was happy shelling up and letting Pacquiao tee off on him. He threw like 4 punches per round and the one or two that landed left Pacquiao bruised up. Garcia would eek out a decision because Clottey would make no effort to win.
            I though Clottey beat margarito & as for the pacquiao fight it just seemed a little fishy....I think DSG/Clottey would of been a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              I though Clottey beat margarito & as for the pacquiao fight it just seemed a little fishy....I think DSG/Clottey would of been a good fight.
              pac cant be that good right.

Comment

Clottey didn't let his hands go enough, but perhaps with Garcia that's not bad as Danny relies a lot on counters and isn't that fast on his feet. Clottey was strong so may be a tough out for Garcia. Garcia often fights to his opponents level and Clottey also seemed like one of those guys to always fall just a little short.

I'd pick Clottey but suspect it's a fairly close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  Clottey Broke his hand on the margo fight but before that he was having his way on margo.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Clottey didn't let his hands go enough, but perhaps with Garcia that's not bad as Danny relies a lot on counters and isn't that fast on his feet. Clottey was strong so may be a tough out for Garcia. Garcia often fights to his opponents level and Clottey also seemed like one of those guys to always fall just a little short.

I'd pick Clottey but suspect it's a fairly close fight.
                    I think Clottey beats Garcia somewhat easily, CLottey shells up to fighters with fast hands and keep on throwing but Garcia is none of that, he has low work rate, and with the Judah fight, Clottey looked like a monster in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X