Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Andre Ward get a pass for calling out Floyd at 160 but not GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Because Ward later came out and said he was kidding. Golovkin was 100% serious.
    Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Andre assumed people knew he wasn't seriously calling him out when he first said it but he clearly underestimated the stupidity of boxing fans. So, he had to clarify. Sadly, some still don't get it.
    Nobody who reads comments like these can possibly underestimate the stupidity of boxing fans.
    Last edited by kafkod; 11-13-2017, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      Of same reason GGG said he would go to 154 for Mayweather but wouldn't fight Canelo at 155
      I think your first counter (regarding Ward at 164 but willing to go to 168 for Froch/Chavez Jr) made more sense. GGG would have made more money and gained more notoriety fighting Mayweather than Canelo. Canelo is a PPV attraction but Mayweather is a whole different level.

Comment

Because the brothas love Ward even though hes a cracka

Comment

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no."

If I say that I'm ready to box any middleweight and ready to rise to 168 for a big fight, then I am responsible for the words. And I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me."

https://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/1...sts-andre-ward

Comment

And, still no intelligent responses to my, Pigeons, or Larry's posts. Just emotional venom and deflection. Why would I expect any less?? ....

Comment

The excuse I recall from Ward fans was that there was more money in calling out Floyd at 160 rather than GGG at 160.

Comment

Both Ward and Golovkin were willing to go down an entire weight class for money plain and simple, all boxers chase money before anything

Comment

Because Ward is very popular on this board and can do no wrong while GGG is very unpopular on this board and can do no right. Ward was the guy who challenged the smaller GGG when he had a contracted fight with Lemieux. Calling out a boxer in the weight class below yours and insisting he come up to your weight isn't exactly an act of bravery. When Ward fought the 175 pound champ Dawson he would not go an ounce above his weight of 168 and made Dawson come in at 168. But when things are reversed he insists GGG come up 8 pounds to his weight. When Ward didn't get his way he call GGG little g and all the Ward loving GGG haters thought that was so cool and call him lil' g to this day.

Comment

B/C there both black and people like to see black on black crime. #RampageVSEvans

Comment

Both of them are retired dude. And this exact thread has been made hundreds of times lol. Ward addressed it long ago in a fight hype article, he was just responding to something Floyd said

Comment

Working...
                      X