No announcement yet.

I know Why Weeks Stopped the Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know Why Weeks Stopped the Fight

Because of too many recent fighters suffering Cerebral injuries. I think there have been at least 3 current stories of fighters who suffered brain injuries in their last fights. I'm certain all Vegas judges who worked tonight were briefed on those situations and what to do if a fighter looks in trouble tonight. Its better to have a controversial conclusion rather than a permanent injury.

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
    Because of too many recent fighters suffering Cerebral injuries. I think there have been at least 3 current stories of fighters who suffered brain injuries in their last fights. I'm certain all Vegas judges who worked tonight were briefed on those situations and what to do if a fighter looks in trouble tonight. Its better to have a controversial conclusion rather than a permanent injury.
    Right... although usually brain injuries require someone to be hit in the head.

You'd have a valid point if at any stage in the combination Ward went for the head, but his entire combo was either the gut or the balls depending on which side you want to view it from.

Comment

yeah i understand, after watching it a couple of times i do agree weeks did his job looking out for both guys safety.

Comment

only boxing fans would defend low blows

Comment

CTE via nut shots

Comment

That would make sense if Kovalevs brain was in his jock.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
              Did you watch the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
                Right... although usually brain injuries require someone to be hit in the head.

You'd have a valid point if at any stage in the combination Ward went for the head, but his entire combo was either the gut or the balls depending on which side you want to view it from.
                End of thread right here.

Comment

Because Sergey looked ****ing done? It's not exactly rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                    That would make sense if Kovalevs brain was in his jock.
                    **** that's where most my thinking comes from.

Comment

Working...
                    X