Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrestling being cut from the Olympics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's being purged because of the corruption that run the sport. It's a spectacle.

Not sure if it's as prevalent in freestyle wrestling, but greco-roman is damaged almost beyond repair.

I think this is just a scare. They will clean up the sport and go on and be an olympic sport again.

Comment

This is ridiculous. Wushu, karate, taekwondo are pretty much the same damn thing.

People have lived and worked their whole lives wrestling and their just gonna take it from them? Its an original sport and so many countries wrestle how is this happening? ridiculous.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I just read about this on the BBC website. Their justification is its 'performance' was poor in the Olympics. Not sure what this means though, is it viewing figures?

A huge part of Olympic revenue comes from TV money so it would make sense if they revue TV viewing figures and cut the bottom ones.

Seems strange that one that is popular in the US would be cut though as it is probably the biggest viewing market

Either way it would be a great shame to cut traditional Olympic sports from the Olympics

Comment

Kurt Angle's gonna fight it!!!

TNA wrestler Kurt Angle spoke to Fox Sports today about the about the International Olympic Committee's decision to drop wrestling from the Olympics, starting in 2020.

Angle, who won a gold medal for wrestling in 1996, told Fox:

“We’re going to fight this. They can’t just drop it. They’re keeping badminton and that sport where you jump on a trampoline, and they’re dropping wrestling. It’s just crazy. I don’t know what this world is coming to. Things are changing.”

Angle also tweeted today:

"#SaveOlympicWrestling winning a gold medal with a broken neck!"

"#saveolympicwrestling. Show Your Love for the Sport. IOC Must Reverse Decision. Trend It Worldwide. #USAWrestling #TNAWrestling."

"so you can still earn a gold medal for making a horse dance but you can't earn one for wrestling suchBS #saveolympicwrestling"

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
            Kurt Angle's gonna fight it!!!

TNA wrestler Kurt Angle spoke to Fox Sports today about the about the International Olympic Committee's decision to drop wrestling from the Olympics, starting in 2020.

Angle, who won a gold medal for wrestling in 1996, told Fox:

“We’re going to fight this. They can’t just drop it. They’re keeping badminton and that sport where you jump on a trampoline, and they’re dropping wrestling. It’s just crazy. I don’t know what this world is coming to. Things are changing.”

Angle also tweeted today:

"#SaveOlympicWrestling winning a gold medal with a broken neck!"

"#saveolympicwrestling. Show Your Love for the Sport. IOC Must Reverse Decision. Trend It Worldwide. #USAWrestling #TNAWrestling."

"so you can still earn a gold medal for making a horse dance but you can't earn one for wrestling suchBS #saveolympicwrestling"
            is he gonna roid up first?

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Well, atleast we still have these events to look forward to...

That said, i only watch womans gymnastics and some sprinting events anyways. Oh, and i frown upon your hatin on archery
              I dont hate archery it was just the first obscure sport that popped into my head. Obviously it's not as bad as badmitton, speed walking, and whatever else BS they have in there now.

Comment

why are ppl hating on badminton? that sport takes real skill and insane reflexes.

power walking and equestrian dressage should be cut instead of wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  is he gonna roid up first?
                  Damn you Tom Cruise, show the Olympic Hero some respect!!

Comment

Doesn't bother me, i never watched that **** anyway.

Comment

The Olympics are in a downward spiral. I think the only way to save it is to reset to as it was years ago when it was about sports competition and not profit. Seriously needs a system restore.
                      It's now run like McDonalds.

Comment

Working...
                      X