Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lack of great European and South American talent in the WW JMW and MW division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lack of great European and South American talent in the WW JMW and MW division

Is because they chose to play soccer...

If Lionel Messi chose boxing instead... imagine what he would do to Floyd and Pac...

The lack of great Asian fighters is because they chose Kung fu, kick boxing,and Muay Thai instead of boxing...

Comment

I have been saying this for a while.... the lack of any ethnicity in any sport is solely due to a lack of interest or choosing sport A over sport B.
      Last edited by Khalid X; 04-25-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
        I have been saying this for a while.... the lack of any ethnicity in any sport is solely due to a lack of interest.
        You fell for his troll.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Is because they chose to play soccer...

If Lionel Messi chose boxing instead... imagine what he would do to Floyd and Pac...
          how many 147-160 footballers you know

Comment

Originally posted by Black Magic View Post
            footballers as in American football or soccer?

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
              You fell for his troll.
              honestly when I posted that, I was speaking in general. The lack of any ethnicity in any sport is due to a lack of interest....I have always believed that.

I have no idea who the hell that soccer player is because I don't follow the sport, but what I do know is that some ethnicity aren't into boxing (or other sports) due to another sport being more popular or a sport like boxing not being popular enough to capture their youths attention (which in turn leads to them trying to pick up the sport).

So what exactly is wrong with me saying/believing that?

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                honestly when I posted that, I was speaking in general. The lack of any ethnicity in any sport is due to a lack of interest....I have always believed that.

I have no idea who the hell that soccer player is because I don't follow the sport, but what I do know is that some ethnicity aren't into boxing (or other sports) due to another sport being more popular or a sport like boxing not being popular enough to capture their youths attention (which in turn leads to them trying to pick up the sport).

So what exactly is wrong with me saying/believing that?
                Nothing wrong with it, but he's just making fun of the Americans that think all the top American heavys are playing football and basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Magic View Post
                  pele weighed about 150. some people talk about how fast lebron james would be as a boxer, those people clearly haven't seen pele.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4JQn...eature=related

Comment

The middleweight WBC, WBO and Ring champion is a Argentinian of Spanish (European) heritage.

The other titleholders are Sturm, Sylvester and Zbik (interim) from Germany.

Of the young MWs, only Daniel Jacobs is American. The top up-and-comers are Macklin, Korobov, and Pirog from Europe, while Lemieux is from Canada and Golovkin is an ethnic Russian from Kazakhstan.

Middleweight is CLEARLY dominated by a South American and by Europeans.

SWW has Yuri Foreman from Belorussia, Sergiy Dzinziruk from Ukraine and Sergio Martinez holding down the titles, with only Corey Spinks being from the US.

WW has a European titleholder in Zaveck and several European and Asian up-and-comers like Aydin from Turkey, and of course the best fighter at WW is without a doubt Manny Pacquiao.

The US dominates only SLW, with Bradley and Alexander having three titles. But even at SLW, there's Maidana from Argentina and Khan from the UK.

And perhaps as a forerunner of things to come, the outstanding fighter in the 2008 Olympics was a 20 year old Ukrainian featherweight, Vasyl Lomachenko.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 04-25-2010, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X