Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 HBO and Showtime Boxing ratings (ranked from highest to lowest)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda interesting, considering some of the early predictions for HBO after the PBC started.

Comment

No wonder Haymon trying to get his guys back on hbo, he killed Showtimes ratings with his boring ass club fighter roster. He needs real stars and a real network to build his roster for him.

Haymon had all that PBC money & access to all of Showtimes boxing budget and accomplished nothing with it.

This dude should be shunned from the sport for that. Opportunity of a lifetime for boxing, thrown away.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        How about that Showtime running the industry huh?

Everyone took a hit.
        If you look at ratings between HBO/Show then HBO is still kicking Showtimes a.ss

But I remember like 2-3 years ago a good # for HBO was 1.2-1.3 now it's a million so their rating are sinking fast. I don't even know what to say for Showtimes rating they're pitiful to say it lightly

But if you want to compare qaulity match ups which is what the sports about , Showtime has been raping HBO ( Not including PPV ) for the last couple years

If you include PBC on all their platforms along with showtime as far as qaulity match ups and ratings then In my opinion they are running sh.it

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Uhhhhhh what?
          Showtime is an different package from HBO. It's like 10 dollars extra a month.

Showtime ratings were at an all time high when Mayweather went to Showtime.

When you order a May PPV you get Showtime free for 3-4 months. So you order fight in early May you basically have Sho until his next fight. That last til the first of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post

When you order a May PPV you get Showtime free for 3-4 months. So you order fight in early May you basically have Sho until his next fight. That last til the first of the year.
            Both are usually extras on a cable subscription. They can be bundled in different ways so you may have gotten HBO with your particular package. Often I see packages that have either neither or both, or you can order them directly in addition to your cable package.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-20-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Like what. It's subscription based. HBO comes with cable.
              they both are subscription based. I pay $15 a month for hbo and $15 for Showtime

Comment

Wow so top 28 all HBO and only 1 NON replay boxing fight (Ortiz-Scott) didn't beat the BEST Showtime rating of the year? How the f does Espinoza still have a job at showtime. 2 years ago Showtime was pulling ratings that were neck and neck with HBO now they getting one third or one half the ratings they used to.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 12-20-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  These are averages across the whole event, right?
                  Averages across the specific fight listed. PBC ratings are only released for the entire event but HBO and Showtime release ratings for each fight that airs. From the first bell until the decision is announced. I don't keep track of peak ratings as they are inconsistently reported.

Comment

HBO is subscription based too, mate.

And as a matter of fact, you dont even need cable to have HBO.
                    HBO Now costs $15 per month. It’s a standalone package, which means it doesn’t require a cable subscription to use it.
                    Unless something has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Averages across the specific fight listed. PBC ratings are only released for the entire event but HBO and Showtime release ratings for each fight that airs. From the first bell until the decision is announced. I don't keep track of peak ratings as they are inconsistently reported.
                      Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Working...
                      X