Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Canelo-Khan PPV bomb now force GBP/Canelo to fight Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I think since HBO doesn't want to release the numbers it bombed. I admit this puts Canelo in a tight spot, 330k is not bad but it's not good for the purses being handed out. Canelo vs GGG is imminent

Comment

Fat Dan just tweeted his source within GBP says the fight did just under 600k buys. Pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post

Hmm...GBP as the source though, you trust that?

Comment

Glasers response: Rick Glaser
          Rick Glaser Lol!!!! That is the reason HBO didn't announce a number, so a lying number hits the press by the promoter! Lol
          Last edited by El Gitano; 05-11-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Not really, but who knows. It seemed the get lots of buzz a couple days before the fight. They will not admit to poor numbers as they will want to get an upper hand in negotiations.

Comment

This one tells me the sales may not have been that great

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                Dan Rafael also sniffs lines off of De La Hoya's c*ck. Take his sources with a grain of salt.
                Maybe so but he works for ESPN a major outlet for a reason and breaks more boxing news and his track record trumps Glaser who has been proven wrong or reported blatant lies in the past. Like I said I will wait till a credible source reports the numbers. Doesn't have to be Dan who reports the numbers but the fact nobody else has it but this guy who also said GGG did 97k buys. I'm not even a fan of GGG and I said that was horse crap and not believable.

Funny part is all the GGG fans who to this day cry about that report are now using the same clown as a credible source? SMH

Comment

Jake also said btw 300k and 400k so Glaser number seems more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    Fat Dan just tweeted his source within GBP says the fight did just under 600k buys. Pretty good.
                    Now this sounds about right. Anybody really think canelo khan did worse then Floyd berto or Manny Bradley 3? SMH This fight had way more buzz then both those fights. Floyd did less then 400k and Manny less then that. If Canelo did 600k that is damn good. But I no way you have 2 sources so drastically off one guy is flat out lying and glaser rep speaks for itself.

Comment

What source were you using to say it was a bomb?

Comment

Working...
                      X