Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

post in this thread if u aint mad at pac fo(allegeldly)pickin bradley for final fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    I was hoping he'd pick Bradley.

I thought Bradley was doing really well until he got the injury during the second Pacquiao fight. After he got hurt, he was just going for the KO and looking dumb, but beforehand he was doing really well and landed some cracking shots. A third fight would be really cool.

Plus we get to hear Freddie Roach and Teddy Atlas talk **** to each other. I will be watching 24-7 for the first time in years if this fight gets made!
    I was there for the second fight. At the time it looked to me like Bradley decided he didn't want to win another unpopular decision and so went all in for the knockout instead, in hindsight he was obviously having trouble moving around. I'm also glad he's getting another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
      bradley has been grinding nonstop and he always puts in the work no matter the challenge in front of him,it doesnt matter if its vargas or marques,or pac,he works hard

now he has a whole new team behind him and hes extremely motivated and still very young,he also has one of the best WW resumes,in fact his WW resume is the second best after pac as far as active fighters go

hes also p4p top 5 and to top things off theres a trainer beef aspesct to seeing as roach has had alot of negative stuff to say about braldeys new trainer tedry atlas,,
      Ur polls are chit, but I'm fine with Bradley getting another shot at Pac and making some nice bread while he's about it.

Nobody works harder than Desert Storm and as somebody who knows what hard work is, how can I not root for Bradley?

Even if his wife is gonna' end up with his money and he's gonna' end up crashing on somebody's (Joel Diaz'?) couch...

Comment

Originally posted by the ninth layer View Post
        i agree with you 90%, the 10% is that i think pac-crawford would be a really great fight. I am a huge bradley fan and thought both of the first two matches were very close, and even went to the second fight in person.

I think the promotion of this fight with teddy in tim's corner will be great. Tim is a proven fighter at the top level, he is a true elite who fought a really tough career already and imo is already a lock for the hall of fame.

I know people will criticize manny for taking an "easy" opponent instead of khan or crawford, but as a long time bradley fan i know that people talk **** about tim every time he's signed to fight, so i'm used to it. Bradley doesn't get any credit but in my opinion he's a true throwback fighter like marvin hagler, who fought for respect and took on dangerous opponents to earn it.
        tim doesn't get his proper respect. And what so many people overlook is the fact the man was injured in both fights against an all time great! In what fight did manny school tim??? I must have missed it. I saw 2 competitive fights. Now, the hbo commentators would have you believe both were won by manny easily. I didn't see those fights. I heard lampley calling phantom punches by manny and barely commenting on shots landed by tim. I heard the crowd go crazy every time manny threw a punch, but never reacted when tim actually landed. The 1st fight could have went either way, and the 2nd was close until tim got injured.

I love terrence crawford. The kid has crazy skills with a killer instinct. He would be in a very exciting fight with manny, but in all honesty, i think he is an easier opponent for manny. "bud" is the smaller fighter coming up in weight and has never fought on the elite level. He has know clue what he is up against when it comes to manny. Manny's speed, power, and akwardness will be a huge problem for any welterweight not named mayweather. I see manny catching terrence with that big straight left. And if gamboa could rock him, manny will finish him.

Tim has been there and done it. He has already been in the ring with the best manny pacquiao. He has felt the power and he has adjusted to the speed. With atlas in his corner keeping him disciplined and staying with the fight plan, and avoiding injury, a 3rd fight is very winnable against manny. I can see tim hurting manny to the body if he sticks with a body attack. He was doing great with it in the 2nd fight before the injury. Manny is a phenom, but he has looked ordinary against tim in both fights. I see an upset in the making. Yes, there are other opponents that would make his final fight more attractive and spectacular. But the truth is, timothy bradley is more of a threat than crawford or khan.

Comment

Originally posted by sanluisjerzy View Post
          I'm a huge Manny fan, and I'll be very disappointed if he picks Bradley. I understand the whole "leaving on your own terms" argument, however Pacquiao's in the financial position where doesn't have to fight again if he's not motivated enough to do so (notwithstanding any tax issues, which I feel are overblown). I do feel that if Pacquiao does pick Bradley, he very clearly just wanted to cash out and run, like Mayweather did with Berto.

I will say that I agree with you about Crawford being unsellable though. Small personal anecdote -- I saw Terrence Crawford in the MGM lobby during the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, and of course I went up to him and told him how excited I was for his career and that I looked forward to him fighting Pacquiao in the future. I was a bit starstruck by Terrence Crawford, so I took the next 15 minutes to just watch him. He basically stood idly and NO ONE approached the guy. Not. A. One. He basically stood around (and I should say, wearing a T-Crawford shirt and hat), realized no one recognized him, and he walked away.

During the same 15 minutes, I was standing around doing my best Pacquiao impersonation (I'm Filipino and kind of have the same nose and calves) and had three separate people ask me to take photos with them.

Filipino schmuck who looks like Manny - 3 photos
          2014 Fighter of the Year - 1 photo (which was the photo he took with me)

You look nothing like Pacquiao you're too fat and stick your ass out like a rent boy.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
            tim doesn't get his proper respect. And what so many people overlook is the fact the man was injured in both fights against an all time great! In what fight did manny school tim??? I must have missed it. I saw 2 competitive fights. Now, the hbo commentators would have you believe both were won by manny easily. I didn't see those fights. I heard lampley calling phantom punches by manny and barely commenting on shots landed by tim. I heard the crowd go crazy every time manny threw a punch, but never reacted when tim actually landed. The 1st fight could have went either way, and the 2nd was close until tim got injured.

I love terrence crawford. The kid has crazy skills with a killer instinct. He would be in a very exciting fight with manny, but in all honesty, i think he is an easier opponent for manny. "bud" is the smaller fighter coming up in weight and has never fought on the elite level. He has know clue what he is up against when it comes to manny. Manny's speed, power, and akwardness will be a huge problem for any welterweight not named mayweather. I see manny catching terrence with that big straight left. And if gamboa could rock him, manny will finish him.

Tim has been there and done it. He has already been in the ring with the best manny pacquiao. He has felt the power and he has adjusted to the speed. With atlas in his corner keeping him disciplined and staying with the fight plan, and avoiding injury, a 3rd fight is very winnable against manny. I can see tim hurting manny to the body if he sticks with a body attack. He was doing great with it in the 2nd fight before the injury. Manny is a phenom, but he has looked ordinary against tim in both fights. I see an upset in the making. Yes, there are other opponents that would make his final fight more attractive and spectacular. But the truth is, timothy bradley is more of a threat than crawford or khan.
            I think you are right about pretty much all of that. The first fight came when Pacquiao fandom was at an all time high, even after that close Marquez fight people still thought he was an unbeatable monster at the weight. So when he fought Tim, every single punch he landed was a "bomb," every single time he hit Tim he "stunned" him, and of course he got the better of every exchange because "Manny Pacquiao is so fast." When really the first fight was very competitive with some rounds that are extremely hard to score and could have gone either way.

BTW, after scoring that fight several times I still cannot pick a conclusive winner to the fight. On fight night I had it 8-4 Manny and like most people thought Manny got jobbed on those scorecards. After watching it again though, I felt that most of the rounds I had given to Pacquiao were because of his jump in activity late in the round, most of which looked catchy and dramatic but didn't actually accomplish much. Scoring minute by minute, I think Bradley won the first two and a half minutes of most of those late rounds and Pacquiao stole the last thirty seconds of them. Scoring it that way I had it 8-4 Bradley with the first two rounds and the second half of the fight going to him. Some of the middle rounds (3-5 especially) are clear Pacquiao rounds; rounds 1 and 2 are pretty clear Bradley rounds, and then the second half is up for debate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
              I think you are right about pretty much all of that. The first fight came when Pacquiao fandom was at an all time high, even after that close Marquez fight people still thought he was an unbeatable monster at the weight. So when he fought Tim, every single punch he landed was a "bomb," every single time he hit Tim he "stunned" him, and of course he got the better of every exchange because "Manny Pacquiao is so fast." When really the first fight was very competitive with some rounds that are extremely hard to score and could have gone either way.

BTW, after scoring that fight several times I still cannot pick a conclusive winner to the fight. On fight night I had it 8-4 Manny and like most people thought Manny got jobbed on those scorecards. After watching it again though, I felt that most of the rounds I had given to Pacquiao were because of his jump in activity late in the round, most of which looked catchy and dramatic but didn't actually accomplish much. Scoring minute by minute, I think Bradley won the first two and a half minutes of most of those late rounds and Pacquiao stole the last thirty seconds of them. Scoring it that way I had it 8-4 Bradley with the first two rounds and the second half of the fight going to him. Some of the middle rounds (3-5 especially) are clear Pacquiao rounds; rounds 1 and 2 are pretty clear Bradley rounds, and then the second half is up for debate.
              Like you, when I first viewed the 1st fight, I thought Manny won. But, that was with a house full of loud people and alcohol in my system. I've watched it nearly 10 times since then and scored it for Tim. I just don't think fans (or even judges) score the jab, inside fighting, and body shots. If its not a flashy shot or a damaging shot, it doesn't seem to get scored.

Comment

I picked "I aint mad at cha" bcuz it reminded me of my man 2pacs... But anyways, Pac vs Manny is definitely for the #1 ww in the world. WW is boxings premier division so this fight is truly underrated. I will never go against Bradley again so Im picking him to win a close but clear UD against an older Pacquiao. Bradleys to much for anyone right now at 147 not named Floyd Mayweather.

As for TC, man he will get some hardcore fans behind him and than casuals will pick up on him too, youll see. Arums a great promoter & you can tell TC likes to fight man, he just aint trying to box, hes mean with every punch, people will pick up on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  You look nothing like Pacquiao you're too fat and stick your ass out like a rent boy.
                  My fat feelings!!

Comment

On second thought "not who I want but ill take it" may have been a better choice.

Pac doesn't owe us anything, and Bradley isn't a bum. That being said, I'm not particularly excited for the matchup, though I will of course be watching.

I bet his team was concerned about whether he would be able to compete as well as before, for whatever reason, and wanted a relatively safe fight. Plus it's a safe bet on the PPV front - it may not do Canelo-Cotto numbers but it will be a profitable venture for the two of them.

On the bright side, we can see if the Rios performance was just a strong showing against a physically unfit opponent or if Atlas is actually improving Bradley.

Comment

i'm done getting mad at manny. he's been on the decline for a long, long time now. i don't like paying ppv money to see a guy at the end of his career, but he's manny pacquiao, and as long as it's not another algieri type of opponent [didn't buy that fight,] i'll probably buy the thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X