No announcement yet.

why is Mancini and Rosario in the Hall but Macho Camacho isnt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is Mancini and Rosario in the Hall but Macho Camacho isnt

Macho Camacho was undefeated until like his 39th fight and 11th year as a pro...up until that point he won titles in 3 weight classes, WBO at 140, WBC at 135, and WBC at 130

up to that point he held wins over gold medallist Howard Davis Jr., and champions Bazooka Limon Jose Luis Ramirez, Cornelius Boza Edwards, Edwin Rosario, Mancini, Hall of fame trainer Freddie Roach, and Vinny Paz

He was starting to decline but had a case for being top 3-5 pound for pound in the mid to late 80's.

He eventually lost to former world champion Greg Haugen, but won the rematch....clearly past his prime, he and JCC fought when it should have happened in the 80's but hey its boxing....he went on to lose to Trinidad and DLH all 3 are hall of famers....beat past prime legends Sugar Ray Leonard and Duran....he only lost to non-champions far past his prime

Camacho actually has wins over 4 hall of famers...Mancini, Leonard, Duran, and Rosario he deserves to be right beside them

Here is my tribute thread to the Macho Man

I think that Their brash styles and antICS blackballed them for years

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Macho Camacho was undefeated until like his 39th fight and 11th year as a pro...up until that point he won titles in 3 weight classes, WBO at 140, WBC at 135, and WBC at 130

up to that point he held wins over gold medallist Howard Davis Jr., and champions Bazooka Limon Jose Luis Ramirez, Cornelius Boza Edwards, Edwin Rosario, Mancini, Hall of fame trainer Freddie Roach, and Vinny Paz

He was starting to decline but had a case for being top 3-5 pound for pound in the mid to late 80's.

He eventually lost to former world champion Greg Haugen, but won the rematch....clearly past his prime, he and JCC fought when it should have happened in the 80's but hey its boxing....he went on to lose to Trinidad and DLH all 3 are hall of famers....beat past prime legends Sugar Ray Leonard and Duran....he only lost to non-champions far past his prime

Camacho actually has wins over 4 hall of famers...Mancini, Leonard, Duran, and Rosario he deserves to be right beside them

Here is my tribute thread to the Macho Man

You have to be retired for at-least 5 years to be eligible for the hall of fame. To my knowledge Camacho last fight was in 2010 or 2011 (yes he fought that long) and should be eligible for induction this year or the next.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        You have to be retired for at-least 5 years to be eligible for the hall of fame. To my knowledge Camacho last fight was in 2010 or 2011 (yes he fought that long) and should be eligible for induction this year or the next.
        I think posthumously you don't have wait 5 years.... Correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

I guess he just didn't get the votes. I think he was as good as Rosario and better than Mancini.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            I think posthumously you don't have wait 5 years.... Correct me if I'm wrong
            Idk, I think you do. Both Rosario and Gatti weren't inducted into the hall of fame until 5 years after their last fight even though they both died much sooner than that.

Rosario's death was in 1997 and wasn't eligible for nomination until 2002 and inducted in 2006.

and Gatti retired in 2007, died in 2009, but wasn't eligible for induction until 2012.

Comment

It UOTE=SilverMiles;15733614]Idk, I think you do. Both Rosario and Gatti weren't inducted into the hall of fame until 5 years after their last fight even though they both died much sooner than that.

Rosario's death was in 1997 and wasn't eligible for nomination until 2002 and inducted in 2006.

and Gatti retired in 2007, died in 2009, but wasn't eligible for induction until 2012.[/QUOTE]

Do you think he deserves It next year or the year after

Comment

I'm definitely a supporter of Camacho getting in the HOF and think he will during his first year of eligibility. He fought most if not all of the fighters worth a damn during his time period, beat some, lost to others, but was never knocked out.

And although he didn't reach his full potential due to personal habits he still has some very impressive performances.

Comment

Camacho is a no brainer for hall of fame....

The guy was unforgettable and had a great career...

It's a travesty he isn't already in.....

Comment

Camacho will get there, it is literally just a matter of time.

He had a terrific career and some exceptional wins, it's fun watching some of the pomp and arrogance he brought to the ring, quite clearly influencing someone like Naz.

Comment

Working...
                    X