Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Scott Quigg Apologetic For Failing To Make Weight For Valdez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Scott Quigg Apologetic For Failing To Make Weight For Valdez

SCOTT QUIGG'S world title dream is in tatters after the British boxer missed his weight. The 29-year-old is taking on WBO featherweight champions Oscar Valdez in California on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He will not be allowed to make weight now(2pds over)so he will have to give up some money.This sh ite has to stop we need MORE punishment for this crap.That much over means he KNEW at least a few days ago if not more he should have given Valdez a chance to not drain himself.Now its a tougher pick.Just how hard to did he try?And how much of advantage is it?Because at almost 3pds over he DID NOT drain himself AT ALL.Freddie Roach deserves some blame he also.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-09-2018, 07:25 PM.

Really stupid.

2lbs is a lot and cost him a shot at winning a world title which could have opened the door for some big fights i.e Frampton rematch where he is the champ coming in.

Comment

Very poor from quigg. He's usually such a good trainer and must be enjoying american food a bit too much. The fight should be off and he should have to wait for another shot. The authorities need to start punishing fighters for missing weight.

Comment

WTF! He’s not even a that big of a featherweight. He’s ****ed up here.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          .Freddie Roach deserves some blame he also.
          Fair enough on the other points but don't put the weight thing on Roach. Boxers usually have nutritionists and strength and conditioning coaches for this. I don't think Freddy has been involved in diet/weight management for years, if ever. As the head coach, he does oversee the fighter's overall progress but the failure really doesn't lie with him.

Comment

Comment

Waiting for Mexican Puppet to explain how the Mexican fighter is being cheated here after defending Nery.

Bizarre that Quigg being a fairly small featherweight would be over by that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

He's probably traded Fish and Chips for Burritos and In & Out during training here.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Bizarre that Quigg being a fairly small featherweight would be over by that much.
                  Agree. Its always a worst look when a guy has recently moved up & comes in over. I can understand it more when a guy has been at a weight awhile & has gotten older/bigger & weight cutting is becoming more of an issue for him.

And yea I'm with the TS. I wouldn't have a problem with a more severe penalty (50%?, 75%?) being put on guys who come in over so THEY are the ones who have to consider opting out of a fight vs now when the guy who has done everything right has to consider opting out of a fight for safety reasons/the risk of fighting someone who didn't hurt his body as much by losing weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

A Fish Supper Too Far.

Comment

Working...
                    X