Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What active heavyweight has the best shot at beating a prime Evander Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    It would be interesting to see how Fury would respond to a very busy guy roughing him up. I don't think it would be possible to always keep Holyfield on the outside in the first half of the fight, and most of the time he know how to get his shots off inside, even against bigger men.

Fury's movement is really good for a big guy but is it good enough to avoid dog-fight rounds where a real dog like Holyfield is outworking him?
    That's a good point but we will never know. The thing about Fury is he is a much different fighter now than when he fought Cunningham & Pajkic. He put the pedal down after he got up & stopped them both. I think about how Chisora gave Helenius, Klitschko, Whyte, Pulev good fights but Fury was able to completely shut him down & made him quit on his stool. Fury also completely shut down Klitschko's jab & won a decision in Germany. People here would just say Chisora was washed up & Kitschko was done but he totally nullified both of them where nobody else did that. Haye ko'd Chisora but other than that Chisora had shown to be a tough nights work for any contender. Klitschko had destroyed Pulev & beat Jennings but looked totally finished against Fury. I think Fury does not get enough credit for him skill...

Comment

fury or Joshua due to size but idk idk if any can beat him

Comment

Fury. Too big, too skilled. Would jab Holyfield to bits, and Evander wouldn't be able to catch/reach him.

Comment

Well you need some serious power to deter Holyfield's game! a good inside game and decent movement.

Tyson Fury does not have the power, Wladimir Kiltschko does not have the inside game and Deontay Wilder does not have the movement or jab! infact he will probably be out jabbed by Evander Hoyfield. So taking all of this information into consecration? Wladimir Kiltschko probably has the most attributes that would benefit him up against Holyfield which are? A strong jab, good movement and serious power!

But unlike Lennox Lewis, i don't think Waldimir Kiltschko can fight on the inside as good! so that fight would be a 60-40 fight in favor of Evander Holyfield....

Comment

Working...
          X