Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Would get Knocked Down First if prime liston vs prime tyson...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Would get Knocked Down First if prime liston vs prime tyson...........

and who would win i think tyson would get the first knock down because he could get inside early but as the fight gets longer he workrate gets less. but i dont know who wins. i think it would be a dec for 1 of these 2

On another post I stated that there would be a slated three fights. I imagine that Liston would get knocked down first, and if he managed to get up, it would be a bloody mess until the end. Fight 2 would see each fighter take a little more caution. Fight 3 wouldn't happen because they'd fight at the hearing and lose their license or something. Mike would bite Liston's big toe off and Liston would have Mike shot. His metal teeth would slow the bullet enough to survive the wound and they both quit the sport.

Okay, so I'm off topic here. It's Holyfield's fault.

Frieking Holyfield...

Comment

ever seen frazier-foreman? enough said. liston takes tyson's head off in two or three rounds, tyson goes down about seven times, starting in the first round. liston is hit with a good shot maybe once or twice but is nowhere near going down.

Comment

Ever seen Jones vs. Tarver? Enough said. What did that have to do with this fight? Nothing. Just like Foreman vs. Frazier has nothing to do with this match.

What that fight does show, however, is that Frazier and Tyson were different fighters. While they had similar ways of approaching speed fighters, Tyson had much more ability to avoid a punch than Frazier. Tyson was faster than Frazier. Tyson could hit harder and with more ferocity than Frazier. George Foreman had reach, and Frazier never even attempted to attack Big George's body, instead getting clobbered by straight punches for two rounds. Tyson was a surgeon when it came to diffusing the body of a fighter with reach advantages. Tyson would duck and dodge his way into Liston's body and pop off a few comboed shots before Sonny knew what was going on. When Liston realized that his opponent was faster, his strategy would have to change. After that point, Sonny would eventually find a way to control the fight if his temper stayed put.

A part of me wonders if you, Butterfly, enjoy portraying Sonny Liston as the greatest to make Ali look that much better. They would both rank higher on my list than Tyson, don't make any mistakes about that. But we have little to no real evidence of how a fight between Tyson and Liston would have ended up. That's why it's a theoretical discussion. As long as you make sweeping statements without evidence, like "So and so would win, no questions asked!..." etc. etc., I will be here to banter with you. I consider us a comic book duo. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassangel
          Ever seen Jones vs. Tarver? Enough said. What did that have to do with this fight? Nothing. Just like Foreman vs. Frazier has nothing to do with this match.

What that fight does show, however, is that Frazier and Tyson were different fighters. While they had similar ways of approaching speed fighters, Tyson had much more ability to avoid a punch than Frazier. Tyson was faster than Frazier. Tyson could hit harder and with more ferocity than Frazier. George Foreman had reach, and Frazier never even attempted to attack Big George's body, instead getting clobbered by straight punches for two rounds. Tyson was a surgeon when it came to diffusing the body of a fighter with reach advantages. Tyson would duck and dodge his way into Liston's body and pop off a few comboed shots before Sonny knew what was going on. When Liston realized that his opponent was faster, his strategy would have to change. After that point, Sonny would eventually find a way to control the fight if his temper stayed put.

A part of me wonders if you, Butterfly, enjoy portraying Sonny Liston as the greatest to make Ali look that much better. They would both rank higher on my list than Tyson, don't make any mistakes about that. But we have little to no real evidence of how a fight between Tyson and Liston would have ended up. That's why it's a theoretical discussion. As long as you make sweeping statements without evidence, like "So and so would win, no questions asked!..." etc. etc., I will be here to banter with you. I consider us a comic book duo. Cheers.
          frazier is similar to tyson, and foreman is similar to liston. it's a bad style matchup. it's just the way it would come out.

Comment

Similar, but not identical. Liston wouldn't have 4-5 inches of height on Tyson like Foreman did against Frazier. Liston wouldn't get clean blows to the oncoming head of Tyson like Foreman did against Frazier. Those two factors alone seem to nullify your argument.

I think that most people would agree that this would be a fight for the ages, not a quick, lopsided battle.

Comment

In fact, boxing simulator research performed over the past 5 years has Tyson winning this contest 84.3% of the time. I don't think it would be quite that one-sided, but it shows that the factors don't see this is as a Frazier vs. Foreman scenario.

Comment

liston was 6ft 1, tyson was 5ft 11". 2inche difference which is nuthin. whereas foreman was 6ft 4 and frazier 5ft 10, 6 inches which is big. liston was lighter then tyson or same. he wudnt be able to push tyson back like foreman did frazier.

Comment

Foreman had 15 pounds at his slimmest over Frazier, didn't he? Tyson weighed 5-8 pounds more than Liston at most times, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassangel
                    Foreman had 15 pounds at his slimmest over Frazier, didn't he? Tyson weighed 5-8 pounds more than Liston at most times, if I'm not mistaken.
                    foreman in his prime was like 220-225. frazier was 205-210. liston was 215-220. tyson was about the same as liston.

but liston's reach is longer than foreman's, so he could keep opponents away with his jab better than foreman.

Comment

Working...
                    X