Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Will Wait For The Winner of Joshua vs. Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Yep , Pulev CLEARLY avoided Joshua with multiple offers and now will get a much higher payday than what he was offered previously (even though he went on to fight for less money ) .

I cant blame him for not taking a fight he has close to zero chance of winning but he shouldn't be the mandatory when a fight was offered to him already and Klitchko did knock him out which is irrelevant but the fact Pulev has fought no one is to say he is next in line is .
    There is the possibility that Hearn didn't offer Pulev a realistic amount of money.

I doubt it though, Pulev never made noises that he wanted to fight Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
      There is the possibility that Hearn didn't offer Pulev a realistic amount of money.

I doubt it though, Pulev never made noises that he wanted to fight Joshua.
      Whatever amount it was more than what the other fights were,he out priced himself like Hughie( these guys know they are taking an L) ..personally someone like Joshua i would throw whatever to accomidate him bc pulev was a terrible match for him ...he had NO chance just due to style and punching power.

All in all the cards fell in the right place,Joshua got perfect guys to emulate/ showcase his skills at proper pace and now Klitchko is up at bat......

Comment

Originally posted by bigstomps View Post
        did you watch the last espn golden boy card?
        i keep hearing it was a really good one maybe i missed it! Who fought?

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
          i keep hearing it was a really good one maybe i missed it! Who fought?
          Antonio Orozco VS Keandre Gibson.
          Two undefeated Fighters at the time. Look it up on you tube

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            Antonio Orozco VS Keandre Gibson.
            Two undefeated Fighters at the time. Look it up on you tube
            Thanks, first time watching Orozco and he reminds me a bit of young jessie vargas... They should put Orozco as Gamboas undercard for the next espn2 card....

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Who is this Tapales cat?

Sell me on him.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                Ortiz and Joshua is the only matchup where I am reluctant to pick Ortiz to win. He beats Wilder at this point.

Too bad that he may not get a shot at the Wlad/Joshua winner before Pulev does...which sucks because Pulev has been around the top of these heavyweight rankings for a while now
                Agreed. I don't know the history as to why Ortiz didn't defect Cuba and start his pro career earlier, but he definitely needs to put it in a higher gear before time runs out. Hope he gets some chances soon to show his talent vs some better opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Who is this Tapales cat?

Sell me on him.
                  Hes a young veteran in the game, turned pro as a teenager at the age of sixteen ; he literally grew up in the sport of boxing making his debut at light-flyweight. Now seasoned and grown has come all the way up to bantamweight and is currently the WBO 118 pound champion in his dramatic victory over Panya Uthok in Thailand.

He a good all around south-paw but does nothing great, in spite of this he gives you a good effort and delivers, his record and stats are deceiving for example he has a 'L' vs. David Sanchez ( in Mexico ) but he could won that fight when he had Sanchez almost KO in the fifth round ; its important to note that Sanchez went on to become WBA champion @ 115 also his only other L came when he ( Tepales) was seventeen. Looking at Tepales KO ratio you would think hes pillow fisted but hes dropped at least six of his last opponents or had them hurt real bad.

Thought I give the dude a shout because he was born to fight and am really happy for guys that achieve something remarkable in the sport after they paid their dues.
                  Last edited by 1hourRun; 04-16-2017, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    I knew he wasn't really injured.
                    did you read the article or you just assuming that is what they wrote?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      It's always something with this guy. I don't buy the injury at all. Think he just pulled out the fight and this is the latest excuse. I wonder how haymon feels now working with this guy who flaked out on the date and obligation. A showtime fight that could of went to someone else. Now haymon has to scramble last minute to full that void. This guy and his team have proven to be nightmare to deal with.
                      I don't know from where you getting the info but, I had never hear of Ortiz pulling out of a fight. A boxer uses his hands a lot if you have one broken, why fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X