Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook's Challenge of Golovkin Shows Signs of 1980s Greatness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though Brook is going to get his head knocked off, I'm a huge fan of his now. Nobody can ever say this kid has no heart.

But that 5 inch reach advantage doe! OUCH!!!

Comment

Hopefully Brook can conjure up some of that "1980's greatness" in the actual fight.

Comment

I agree, Brook has one big set of steel balls. Good for him stepping up to the challenge. "A man who takes no risks in life will accomplish nothing" - Muhammad Ali

I will forever be a Khan and Brook fan no matter what the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Megamasterking View Post
          Had Mayweather chose to fight an undefeated GGG, and take the chance to lose his perfect record, he could have one buy points using is great defense. That would have propulse him into higher ranks in the all time great. Brook buy doing so, and who knows what can happen in a fight, might win. Although i would bet on GGG to KO him. But if Brook wins this fight, we will have the kind of champion we want since the eras of the great Legends.
          Great Post......i suspect that all the people that are opposed to this fight are big fans of the Ghetto Clown and they have been wearing knee pads for their idol but then Brook just destroyed all their arguments and theories

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            This is a throwback fighter. Brook has confidence when people doubted brook. Shame Floyd didn't want to prove people wrong the way brook is doing.
            Floyd made his name off of little dudes like jmm and PAC, that was a challenge to Floyd. And he didn't fight PAC when PAC was wrecking machine, he fought PAC after losses to jmm and Bradley.

Brook is moving up 2 divisions against wrecking machine, it needs perspective just hoiw big achievement it is if he wins. I'd expect brook to do well and not disgrace himself everyday. But to win not many would expect that
            So........shame on floyd for not fighting a 174lb ducker?????? But not shame on ggg for calling oug canelo, indicating he was willing to meet saul at a catch wt then flat out ducking saul on the scale. Shame on ggg for calling out ward the DUCKING him on the scale. All this after he publicly said he would fight anyone from 154-168. Then running from that statement like usain bolt at the Olympics. Ggg=a pure commitment to dodging real competition. Just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
              Great Post......i suspect that all the people that are opposed to this fight are big fans of the Ghetto Clown and they have been wearing knee pads for their idol but then Brook just destroyed all their arguments and theories
              So.......brook destroys theories by risking his bealth? But ggg REFUSED to face saul at 155 just to punk out and face a 147lber? Do you actually follow boxing or are you just here to make stupid bigoted statements? Why don't ggg destroy the theory that he has a true aversion to real competition? His fans continue to make excuses for these ****ty fights. Atleast floyd fought real fights. How many garbage fights from ggg before he gets called out for being a coward? And stop with the nobody will fight him. If brooks, rubio and monroe will fight him plenty others will. Tell him to stop ducking lara. Or even Kirkland. Your post makes you a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                I can see there's no point trying to get through to you. Even if Brook comes in ripped and heavier than GGG, which is by no means impossible, you will still be saying that he is a midget and Golovkin is a giant.
                On fight night ggg will have almost 20lbs on brooks. How is that a fair fight? Ggg will wt in at 174 on fight night, brooks may come in at 155 even if he comes in at 160 its still a very unfair fight. I just don't see how you can justify this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina Bomber View Post
                  I agree, Brook has one big set of steel balls. Good for him stepping up to the challenge. "A man who takes no risks in life will accomplish nothing" - Muhammad Ali

Yeah and his name is Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                    On fight night ggg will have almost 20lbs on brooks. How is that a fair fight? Ggg will wt in at 174 on fight night, brooks may come in at 155 even if he comes in at 160 its still a very unfair fight. I just don't see how you can justify this fight.
                    Lol. No Way!

GGG will be about 170, as usual. Brook comes in higher than 155 even after making 147 for a WW fight. He'll probably be only a couple of lbs lighter than GGG. He could even shock everybody and come in heaveier than Golovkin. We''ll have to wait and see.

Comment

I made sure to read the article twice, and it was no better the second time around. Fair play to Lyle, he's a man making a living doing something that he loves, and internet forum sites don't exactly demand stellar journalism but that was no better than a troll post. If anything it probably had more holes.
                      Last edited by - Ram Raid -; 07-12-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X