Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "Pac-Man" Pacquiao vs "Desert Storm" Bradley 3 Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
    I hope Manny wonˇt retire.
    Link: http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/izen...against_a.html

A piece of the article:

By: JERRY IZENBERG

Roach: "Look, if he means it about retiring, then more power to him, He's earned it. But if he changes his mind after what I saw tonight, yes, I would encourage him and I would not hesitate to train him again.

"When I see Manny Pacquiao like that, this is the best Manny Pacquiao. He hasn't missed a beat. I would like to see him fight again."

And there are big fights out there for him. Canelo Alvarez and Amir Kahn would draw big numbers. And then, of course, anybody who understands boxing knows that when Pacquiao tore his shoulder before and during the Mayweather fight, nothing — absolutely nothing — was truly settled on that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
      Link: http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/izen...against_a.html

A piece of the article:

By: JERRY IZENBERG

Roach: "Look, if he means it about retiring, then more power to him, He's earned it. But if he changes his mind after what I saw tonight, yes, I would encourage him and I would not hesitate to train him again.

"When I see Manny Pacquiao like that, this is the best Manny Pacquiao. He hasn't missed a beat. I would like to see him fight again."

And there are big fights out there for him. Canelo Alvarez and Amir Kahn would draw big numbers. And then, of course, anybody who understands boxing knows that when Pacquiao tore his shoulder before and during the Mayweather fight, nothing — absolutely nothing — was truly settled on that night.
      floyd rematch is the only fight i wanna see. if its not floyd then stay retire champ.

Comment

• Stephen Espinoza was quoted on ****** saying mayweather pacquiao 2 is possible if the fans demand it

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Pac initiated...and failed to complete said sequences. That's called controlling pace.

I don't agree with Floyd that it was a 10-2 blowout. I gave Manny 4 clear rounds. Beyond that, as Stephen A. Smith said, "Floyd was there and then he was gone."

Were there swing rounds? Sure.

But mathematically speaking, not enough swing rounds where Manny could have won that fight. You can't win a fight missing 81% of punches and you sure can't win a fight throwing the same combo over and over again.

[/B]

Manny had one job: Bring the action, like Maidana did. He failed.

The fact you compare Maidana to Manny is perplexing to say the least.

The only beef I have with the official scorecards is giving Manny Round 4 and 5. Outside of those two, the scores are fair. But that's my point. We're talking a two round delta out of 12. People swearing Bradley won 2 rounds is what pisses me off. He was WAY better than that last night; and if he were across from almost anyone else on the Top 10 welter lists, he'd beat them.

In fact, his performance was so good, I want to see Bradley/Porter. I know I won't, but that's the fight I want to see now.
          [/B]

Swing rounds are those where you hardly see any blows other than a couple for each side---you said you gave Manny four rounds so did the judges and by all accounts there were other close rounds in that match..and Kellerman even said it could have easily been a draw so ..yeah..no domination

It's pretty much academic if you factor in the knockdowns. yeah, Bradley is very good and probably still a stop welterweight but the scorecards make a moot cause this fight shoudln't have happened...it was useless cause Pacquiao beat him already twice

Comment

• It will be obvious to many of you that I have no love for Mayweather (as I'm new here)!

I've always heard the rumors of Mayweathers bad hands and Xylocaine! Other States have been testing for it for year but not Nevada! Ever wounder why JR never fights outside of Nevada?

Xylocaine aka Lidocaine, was not listed by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) as one of the prohibited narcotics not be used in-competition.

The banned pain killer substances listed by USADA include Buprenorphine, extromoramide, Diamorphine, Fentanyl and derivatives, Hydromorphone, Methadone, Morphine, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Pentazocine, and Pethidine.

Xylocaine was not listed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) as a prohibited drug. Prohibited substances identified by NSAC include Alcohol, Stimulant, Afrinol or related product, Co-Tylenol or related product, a product containing an antihistamine and a decongestant, certain Decongestants, drugs including Ephedrine, Phenylpropanolamine, and Mahuang and derivatives of Mahuang, and drugs prohibited by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

Neither Xylocaine nor Lidocaine were found on the 2009 and 2010 Prohibited List supplied by WADA.

Lidocaine can be eliminated from a user's system in as soon as six hours.

On the night before his fight with Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather took an intravenous injection of saline and vitamins that was banned under World Anti-Doping Agency guidelines

Three weeks after the fight, Mayweather received an exemption from the United States Anti-Doping Agency!

Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett said USADA does not have authorization to grant an exemption. Bennett said only the commission, which was not notified of the exemption until after it was given, can give an athlete an exemption.

So what happened to Pacquiaos exemptions? He reported everything in a timely manner not three weeks afterwards!

I'm no doctor but I asked my Orthopedic Surgeon about the intravenous injection of saline and vitamins. He said it's probably a masking agent!

That what I thought!

The best ever? Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by ESE VATO LOCO
              i wish i could go thru a full training camp with a torn rotator cuff but i aint a badass like pacquiao.
              Zaroku, you already have a Sugarkainhook alt now ESE VATO LOCO alt.. Come on man this is just bordering lunacy. One is enough bud. Just tell people your 3 personalities happens to be just simple mood swings. Okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by rao007 View Post
                Swing rounds are those where you hardly see any blows other than a couple for each side

Incorrect. A swing round is where neither fighter dominated either due to inaction or equivalent action, and no knockdown has occurred.

Aka, Round 4 of this fight.

Originally posted by rao007 View Post
                you said you gave Manny four rounds so did the judges and by all accounts there were other close rounds in that match..and Kellerman even said it could have easily been a draw so ..yeah..no domination
                If you're talking about MayPac, incorrect. Kellerman will forever remain in history for his epic response to Manny thinking he won the fight. It wasn't close. 8-4 is not close.

Comment

• Shane Mosley reacts to Pacquiao Bradley 3! "World still wants a Mayweather rematch!"

Comment

• Surprisingly good PPV. I enjoyed all the fights.

Valdez and Ramirez really impressed and Pac looked great for an old vet.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X