No announcement yet.

I Lost My Way Last Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Lost My Way Last Week

I ramped up my training last week.* That Friday was live sparring, my calf/leg was feeling good, and motivation was high. During the week I started to feel lethargic because I wasn't recovering well enough to start the next session "fresh enough". Either my training volume was higher than my ability to recover, or my nutrition was holding it back or some combination of something.

I responded by over-eating and cutting out some training sessions to make sure everything was taken care of. I didn't KNOW I was severely over-eating, but that's what happened. It went on until Saturday until I slapped myself silly and told myself to get hold of me, and stop doing that.* Then on Sunday, I didn't do that, probably out of pity to myself.

Today I am back on track and will increment my training at a slower pace. I've got 10 weeks until my event, and I think I lost a week due to all this. I can't have that happen anymore.

Tonight is my mitts session and I'm going to go as hard as my fitness allows me to go.* Then tomorrow morning I'll adjust my workout (battle ropes, sled) to fit how well I've recovered.* Tomorrow afternoon is a fitness boxing session and if needed, I'll cruise through it rather than destroy myself and my ability to do anything on Wednesday.* If I don't go "enough" during the fitness boxing I'll stay after and finish off.

What throws wrenches into all of this is that I have two defined things I need to be fresh for.* On Monday evening my mitts session needs to be very productive so I need energy and focus.* On Friday evening I have live sparring so that is a key event.* Pushing forward and holding back will be difficult, but I need to settle into a rhythm and get it done.
    Last edited by WonderMonkey; 02-05-2018, 03:53 PM.

Everybody loses their way at some point. Thats why you need to take breaks or you will burn yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Everybody loses their way at some point. Thats why you need to take breaks or you will burn yourself out.
      Today was a good reset. Had a post-session session and we put something other than my urge to do what I had mind in place. Being so far behind in fitness I felt some urgency, but in reality what I should do is that my every other day boxing specific workouts should be very intense instead of trying to do that each day. My active recovery days can be shadowboxing and other things. I feel more comfortable with this approach.

Comment

Are you eating enough to recover properly? What's sleep like? Are you having any rest days at all?

Comment

Originally posted by DanUK94 View Post
          Are you eating enough to recover properly? What's sleep like? Are you having any rest days at all?
          I wasn't eating enough initially, but then when overboard. I'm also slowly getting a better bodyfat % for life purposes so I try to be conscious of that and I think generally that's what I got wrong. An increase in volume and intensity and not enough recovery, and nutrition was a big part of that.

Sleep and days off are good.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
            I wasn't eating enough initially, but then when overboard. I'm also slowly getting a better bodyfat % for life purposes so I try to be conscious of that and I think generally that's what I got wrong. An increase in volume and intensity and not enough recovery, and nutrition was a big part of that.

Sleep and days off are good.
            ZMA can be a good supplement to take pre-bed to help sleep quality and recovery too

Comment

Originally posted by DanUK94 View Post
              ZMA can be a good supplement to take pre-bed to help sleep quality and recovery too
              I've not looked into ZMA, but I will, thanks for the point. And speaking of sleep quality, I'll make a post on that in the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by WonderMonkey View Post
                I've not looked into ZMA, but I will, thanks for the point. And speaking of sleep quality, I'll make a post on that in the other thread.
                Zinc is meant to get you into REM sleep quicker (the deeper, recovery stage of sleep)

ZMA (Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate and Vitamin B6) is a supplement used primarily by athletes, gymnasts, and bodybuilders. It advertises itself as a 'recovery aid' that allegedly helps the body achieve deeper levels of REM sleep

ZMA is a combination of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6. Research has shown that this combination of ingredients supplies athletes with a reliable and consistent way to enhance muscle recovery, increase fat burning, and help put on muscle weight. It does so by helping these athletes improve the quality of their REM sleep. Many people don’t understand just how important getting a good night’s rest is.

Getting your recommended amount of sleep every night can do wonders for your brain and your body. People who skip out on sleep intentionally are not doing themselves any favors. In order to truly be as productive as possible, getting a long deep sleep is extremely important. Many people classified as overweight find themselves not getting the proper amounts of sleep every night. In addition to that, sleeping can help you increase your muscle growth and recovery, helping you get back into the weight room quicker and stronger.

Natural sleep supplements are extremely good for treating problems with insomnia. You can be comfortable taking them without fear of negative side effects, or issues with dependency. This is not the case with prescription drugs. Many people who take prescription drugs for insomnia find themselves more tired the next morning than usual. They can create side effects that cause you to feel groggy and unrested, which is not the point of taking something to help you sleep.

Since natural ingredients can help solve the problem without creating new ones, we only recommend sleep aids that are completely natural.

Comment

DanUK94, I appreciate it.

Comment

No problem man.

Comment

Working...
                    X