Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Jones/Info Wars removed from Youtube, Facebook etc..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    Getting banned from Apple, Facebook, Youtube and Spotify in a matter of hours is not a conspiracy and not co-ordinated?

Ha ok..
    It’s kinda funny Alex talks about liberals all day and bashed them but everyone cries when they don’t want him on their platform.

That’s like me being upset I can’t sit in on a kkk meeting

Comment

No matter what you think of the guy, whether you like him or think he's a crank, i think it's dangerous times when these big corporations can basically shut down a business because of their political beliefs.

Even if you don't like Alex Jones, it's bigger than that. It's just censorship of anything that goes against the left.

Has Jones spouted nonsense and untruthful things in his time? yeah, but so have pretty much every media outlet, whether it be mainstream media or alternative media. I mean, look at the channel The Young Turks, what is the difference between what they do and what Jones does apart from being on different ends of the political spectrum? not much, it's basically the same format.

Bad times. I'm sure anybody with an ounce of intelligence can see how bad this is, no matter who you align yourself with. Banning channels like that is putting things on a slippery slope regarding censorship. what next?
      Found this one still up doe...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

They give no reasons of the TOS rules he broke.

Let's be fair, his banning is not because he went against any TOS.

He's been purposely targeted and shut down from there, Facebook, Spotify, Apple, in the space of a day. If that's not a co-ordinated attack and shutdown, then i don't know what is. If you can't see that, you must be simple.

I'm not even a fan of the man, but it's clearly obvious there's been some sort of order to ban him from all these popular platforms. or is it some mad coincidence it they all did it in a matter of hours?
        First of all they did give a reason for the TOS he broke. Second of all they don't have to allow anybody on their site if they don't want to. Facebook & Youtube are private businesses. If they don't want his bat***** crazy stuff on their site they don't have to allow it.

He has his own website. It's not like he's removed from the internet. He can post all his bat***** crazy stuff on his own site and other sites that allow it.

Comment

Well the media is the enemy of the people, and Alex Jones is part of the media, therefore he is an enemy of the people and should be suppressed. Or executed, whichever comes first.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            What about Paul Joseph Watson??
            Looks like he's still up...

Comment

Who cares, its just Alex Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                Hmmm...

I dont know anything about his content, but they keep citing hate speech as a reason why they are removing it. Are they correct about that? Does his show include hate speech?

If that is the case, theres two ways to see it, we can call it censorship like you did, or we can say that they want to move political/social conversations back to a positive/respectful place.

What you have to keep in mind is that facebook, youtube, spotify... are all private companies. The public doesnt set guidelines for them. They run their business however they see fit. They do NOT know owe Alex Jones and his fans a platform.

ok and what is a respectful and positive place politcally? left wing? - so there's no left wing channels all over youtube doing exactly the same as Jones but in reverse? of course there is, some very popular ones. Why not make it politics-free if that's the case? - i say this as someone that is pretty liberal/left wing in some aspects.

My point isn't to defend Jones, but you have to have a balance here. They're simply allowing content to exist from one end of a political spectrum and not the other, especially when the content on both sides is not much different if you believe in "hate speech. Different targets, same motives.

of course a private company can do whatever they want in terms of what they allow, but that also sets a dangerous precedent when it's such a big company. I suppose McDonald's reserve the right not to serve black people, or not serve anybody that is considered left wing politically or gays or whatever, but imagine the outrage? not that they would, but the people wouldn't just brush it off if they did. "oh well, it's their right".

As i say, my point isn't defending Jones, i don't care much for the guy but a co-ordinated shutdown among popular platforms in one day just because of where he aligns himself politically is the start of a slippery slope of trying to shut people up and drive a politically and ideological imbalanced platform.

An yeah people will always use the argument that a private company can do what they want but we all know how much power these platforms hold over today's society.
                Last edited by TheBigLug; 08-06-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

ok and what is a respectful and positive place politcally? left wing? - so there's no left wing channels all over youtube doing exactly the same as Jones but in reverse? of course there is, some very popular ones. Why not make it politics-free if that's the case? - i say this as someone that is pretty liberal/left wing in some aspects.

My point isn't to defend Jones, but you have to have a balance here. They're simply allowing content to exist from one end of a political spectrum and not the other, especially when the content on both sides is not much different if you believe in "hate speech. Different targets, same motives.

of course a private company can do whatever they want in terms of what they allow, but that also sets a dangerous precedent when it's such a big company. I suppose McDonald's reserve the right not to serve black people, or not serve anybody that is considered left wing politically or gays or whatever, but imagine the outrage? not that they would, but the people wouldn't just brush it off if they did. "oh well, it's their right".

As i say, my point isn't defending Jones, i don't care much for the guy but a co-ordinated shutdown among popular platforms in one day just because of where he aligns himself politically is the start of a slippery slope of trying to shut people up and drive a politically and ideological imbalanced platform.

An yeah people will always use the argument that a private company can do what they want but we all know how much power these platforms hold over today's society.
                  Look, since Ive seen your post Ive been reading up on him, and I have to say that your premise is off imho.

Jones is MUCH more of a conspiracy theorist then a political pundit. Him leaning right politically has nothing to do with the narratives he pushes regularly. He is WAY beyond politics with alot of his crap.

In other words, I dont believe for a second that this a coordinated 'war on the right' kinda thing going on.

I fully believe now that his targets are hitting him with lawsuits and these big companies dont want to be involved in any way.

Comment

They support CNN spewing their garbage on 24/7, they support 9/11 conspiracy videos, but Alex Jones was too much? Hahaha well they really did show their true colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                      Well the media is the enemy of the people, and Alex Jones is part of the media, therefore he is an enemy of the people and should be suppressed. Or executed, whichever comes first.
                      Stop crying bltch. FAKE NEWS is the enemy of the people, NOT THE MEDIA. But whatever, clowns like you support supression of free speech when the subject matter is against what you think...

Comment

Working...
                      X