Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Wants To 'Make Statement' By Fighting Luis Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
    Slow Joyce gets canvased in 3 rounds.
    Nope sorry, won’t happen...... maybe round 5..... in fact if Joyce is still standing after 7 rounds Ortiz is toast

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      I rate Razvan Cojanu a level above Joe Joyce. You know this reminds me of a world champisonship fight that I caught on the Pacquiao vs. Matthysse event in Kuala Lumpur a few weeks ago : a overzealous amateur named Lu Bin dared to challenge Carlos Canizales for the WBA 'regular' jr. Flyweight title in only his second professional fight ; Lu Bin got the beating of his life, Triple C sent him to the hospital -- I imagine that Luis Ortiz vs. British Level Joe Joyce will end the same way.

Joe Joyce is barking up the wrong tree, writing checks that his mouth cant cash.
      I beg to differ Joyce’s head is made out of Teflon that boy can take punishment and has a very admirable work rate. Personally I don’t think Ortiz hits as hard as most of you think and I personally think he will gas. I can’t get the thought of seeing him sprawled on his knees with snot all over his face and his eyes closed. He is finished. Maybe when he was in his forties I would have given him a chance but at the ripe age of 52 he is going to get slept by a novice

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        I beg to differ Joyce’s head is made out of Teflon that boy can take punishment and has a very admirable work rate. Personally I don’t think Ortiz hits as hard as most of you think and I personally think he will gas. I can’t get the thought of seeing him sprawled on his knees with snot all over his face and his eyes closed. He is finished. Maybe when he was in his forties I would have given him a chance but at the ripe age of 52 he is going to get slept by a novice
        'King-Kong' could be sixty and will never lose to a British level bum like Joyce!

Comment

Even getting the crap kicked out of oneself is a statement, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
            Hey numb nuts why did you feel you had to bring President Trump into this. If we in the UK had someone like President Trump we would be better off, so don't try and take the moral high ground you have none.
            He is an idiot that’s why. I don’t know what they were arguing about but I do know Donald trump the reality Tv star, turned President. By all means if you are a Donald Trump sympathiser, power to you but don’t be surprised if he is used to mock Americans. Americans use Joshua in regards to negotiations to mock Brits and he is the kingpin of the Division. Surely Donald Trump is not immune from criticism?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              'King-Kong' could be sixty and will never lose to a British level bum like Joyce!
              Oh yeah, British level bum eh, well he lost to a American bum so what’s the difference..... Yeah you didn’t misread what I wrote ,I said it pu#nk........ Ok I didn’t mean it it’s hard being a tough guy on the internet. Ok let’s wait this out you will see. Ortiz is there for the taking and as a proud Brit and African warrior I’m ready to put my money where my mouth is and Right now it’s in Muz’s wife’s minge
              Last edited by Noelanthony; 08-02-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
                So in other words you have no opinion on Joyce, probably don’t know who he is, but it’s a good chance to have a dig at the British, who you obviously hate.

And based on a single Boxingscene article you assume we no longer support any other heavyweight as we’re all hyping Joyce now?

Out of the three you mention, Fury, Price and Joshua, all are still supported in the UK (just look at the support Price got in his last fight), so it shows you’ve no idea what you’re talking about and seem to base your whole opinion on British people on people you’ve argued with on Boxing forums.

I would guess you’re one of the 90% of Americans that don’t own a passport.

It’s not our fault your one decent HW is a skillless, ducking embarrassment to the sport.

Also not our fault British Lennox Lewis wasn’t American, even though I bet you thought Canada was close enough.
                86% to be exact , don’t tell lies

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  Even Joe said he isn't ready. He didn't say next, but all of a sudden , he's the second coming. First Whyte, who won his last fight hanging on for dear life. Now we got to hear how great Joe is and he isn't out of the C class yet. I'm not knocking Joe, he knows where he is. It's this fan hysteria, like from every other place where they have the prettiest women and the best fighters.
                  I don’t think you have heard one Brit mention Joyce perhaps sizing himself with Wilder but why can’t we be wishful about him overthrowing Ortiz. He is old and there for the taking. For me he is basic but he has a iron clad chin and he would be able to take Ortiz’s shots. He also has a bit of pop of his own but he has a great work rate and I think that may be the difference. Skillwise there is no contest similar to Lara and Hurd. Who won that fight again? Maybe I’m crazy but I fancy him to beat Ortiz more than I would whyte..... yep I‘m buggin

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    A good promoter would've gotten the Chisora fight done. If Joyce had won that, he'd be in a better position to get fights against Ortiz level guys. He's 32 not 42, no spring chicken but can afford a year to fight Chisora types to build his popularity and get the experience.

When a no-name no-resume boxer (ie. Joyce) targets a guy with a bit of name and reputation (Miller, Ortiz), he can't call them out and then sit back and expect them to send him an offer to fight. The inexperienced prospect side needs to pay the top 5 opponent above the odds the make up for the lack of reward involved in beating someone who has proven 0 in the pro game. And since Haye is not going to overpay Ortiz or Miller, calling them out is pointless because those guys are not going to tell their manager/promoter 'I want that fight most of all, you gotta make it happen as a priority', Joyce is just another random fighter to them.

Ortiz-Joyce would be an undercard fight in the US like Ortiz-Romanian was, and the purses available would be about the same. Joyce gonna accept the same amount that guy did? Highly unlikely.

We can sit here and discuss which fighters JJ should be targetting but whoever he wants to fight, he would've had a better chance of getting them in the ring if he had Hearn/Warren backing him.
                    Yeah no doubt, Joyce will have to pay through the nose to get the fight and expect not to get paid at all. It's a risk, but if he wants to fast track his career he'll have to make sacrifices somewhere.

Sometimes you gotta believe in yourself and just go for it.

I don't think Hearn would be good for him, he'd slow him down and keep him well away from Whyte and Joshua for a while. He'd probably feed him Chisora and Price.

Comment

• Originally posted by rudy View Post
                      You must be from America, the land of Donald Trump and try to slag off the UK, it is a no brainer. Yanks are dumb always have always will be
                      I'll take Trump over Theresa May anyday. Yanks are dumb? We are smart enough to brush our teeth. Wilder will K.O any brit that stands before him, including A.J. Bomb squad baby!

Comment

Working...
                      X