Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Easter Showtime's Tripleheader Peaked at 725K Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    He needs Loma but Loma just had attendance of 10.4k in NYC against Linares with only 1.4 million views on ESPN?

I think Mikey is doing just fine lol His numbers are very strong relatively speaking.
    The tickets at Lomachenko-Linares were more costly (I went to Loma-Linares and live in LA) and LA is basically Mikey's backyard and 1.4m on ESPN is solid for a guy not named Pacquaio. Mikey in general does consistently less at the gate and on TV than Lomachenko.

I do believe neither guy is the meal ticket yet or big enough to the point where either NEEDS the other. Both are still building their names and fan bases. I think Mikey needs the fight more from a sporting perspective though. He can't beat Spence (nor is he serious) that's mismatch but Lomachenko is generally seen as pound for pound #1 and has a more impressive resume whereas Mikey really doesn't have any wins over elite fighters.

Comment

Good ratings and trending upward for Showtime and Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        We don’t know but pretty damn sure they know
        Or at least have a very good idea
        I hope all these streaming services go down the drain
        I personally think this will kill the fughin sport if it’s the only way to watch
        A casual will not subscribe
        That's why Showtime seems to have it figured out; there are at least 2m subscribers paying for the SHO app every month, and they get full access to the live channel and the library, but the vast majority of folks still get Showtime through the traditional channel, with social media incorporated into the broadcast that you're watching on TV.

All three legs of the media stool, all working together, with nothing cannibalizing each other

Comment

I watched so there’s 1.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
            lol terrible numbers. mikey is NOT a star! showtime is in the gutter ratings wise.

numbers are down across the board, nobody under 25 even watches TV, and my demo, 30-40 is increasingly moving away from it too.

too bad, because top to bottom it was a pretty decent card. ortiz is exciting for an old guy, garcia and easter were smack dab in their primes and threw the hell down. can't ask for more from those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              I watched so there’s 1.
              Not how it works!!!!! Unless you have a nielsen box and then sure, you count as one!

Comment

lol terrible numbers. mikey is NOT a star! showtime is in the gutter ratings wise.
                HUH??? You clearly don't follow ratings, do you?

Lomachenko did 1.1M viewers on ESPN. ESPN is in 85 million homes.

ESPN's last couple of cards (Ramirez and Prograis) did 678K and 518K viewers. ESPN is in 85 million homes.

Mikey did 725K viewers on Showtime. Showtime is in 25 million homes.

Now which ratings are in the gutter????

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  The tickets at Lomachenko-Linares were more costly (I went to Loma-Linares and live in LA) and LA is basically Mikey's backyard and 1.4m on ESPN is solid for a guy not named Pacquaio. Mikey in general does consistently less at the gate and on TV than Lomachenko.

I do believe neither guy is the meal ticket yet or big enough to the point where either NEEDS the other. Both are still building their names and fan bases. I think Mikey needs the fight more from a sporting perspective though. He can't beat Spence (nor is he serious) that's mismatch but Lomachenko is generally seen as pound for pound #1 and has a more impressive resume whereas Mikey really doesn't have any wins over elite fighters.
                  All you do is hate on Mexican fighters. Fade it, Loma**** doesn’t bring shyt to the table. Dude got his ass beat by Salido. Mikey was on Showtime, Loma**** was ok free tv. Nobody knows who he is, yet Mikey’s stock is blowing up every time he fights. Keep hating, but keep your b.s to yourself

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/garcia-e...iewers--130478
                    “Mikey Garcia hasn’t just made strides as a ticket-seller. More viewers also tuned in to Garcia’s fight Saturday night than for his previous performance.”

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41025626-4
                    “It marks a significant increase from Garcia’s Showtime fight in February…”

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
                      HUH??? You clearly don't follow ratings, do you?

Lomachenko did 1.1M viewers on ESPN. ESPN is in 85 million homes.

ESPN's last couple of cards (Ramirez and Prograis) did 678K and 518K viewers. ESPN is in 85 million homes.

Mikey did 725K viewers on Showtime. Showtime is in 25 million homes.

Now which ratings are in the gutter????
                      Too many low I.Q. Idiots here.

Comment

Working...
                      X