Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people thank God when good things happen but don't blame him for bad stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    lol. Ok.

But seriously...what is the difference between creationist scientists and mainstream scientists.

That list (which wasnt of discoveries that i asked for) had Issac Newton.
    He wasnt mainstream?
    Oh yeah the list also mentions their discoveries and with a bit of research you'll discover that that were inspired by Jesus.

Yeah Newton was likewise beyond the secular and often downright antichristian views so increasingly popular during Renesaince and Enlightenment
    Last edited by maracho; 07-17-2018, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by maracho View Post
      Oh yeah the list also mentions their discoveries and with a bit of research you'll discover that that were inspired by Jesus.

Yeah Newton was likewise beyond the secular and often downright antichristian views so increasingly popular during Renesaince and Enlightenment
      Im not sure what you mean by "beyond". Obviously his work was ground breaking, yet you are suggesting he wasnt "mainstream", but a creationist scientist.

What is the difference?

Im curious about how creationist scientists are always ahead of mainstream scientists.
      But i still dont know how you define each one.

Comment

Im not sure what you mean by "beyond". Obviously his work was ground breaking, yet you are suggesting he wasnt "mainstream", but a creationist scientist.

What is the difference?

Im curious about how creationist scientists are always ahead of mainstream scientists.
        But i still dont know how you define each one.
        Just as you said, they are groundbreaking and believe the universe was created by Jesus and wrote about how they were inspired by Him
        Last edited by maracho; 07-17-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Just as you said, they are groundbreaking and believe the universe was created by Jesus and wrote about how they were inspired by Him
          Thats a little vague.
          I mean, they believe Jesus created the universe....when?
          Not all Christians believe a literal biblical account when it comes to "creation".
          Few believe God created everything in 7 days less than 10,000 years ago. Some might.
          The evolutionary biologists on that list for example obviously believe in evolution over millions of years. But you would label them "creationist scientists".

Scientists in general work together regardless of personal religious beliefs.
          I think they would laugh at the notion that science is divided into "mainstream" and "creationist".
          I doubt they regard Einstein etc (non christians) as ..."humdrum yesmons who lacked their pioneer spirit and inspirations".
          They are the very inspiration that fueled their own research and knowledge of science. Its a collective enterprise.

Comment

Few believe God created everything in 7 days less than 10,000 years ago.
            That was believed at one time! In 1879 Marcelino Sanz de Sautuola found a cave in Spain witch was inundated with primitive drawings of Bison at the time. At the time could only be explained by an Ice age.

But the Catholic church in Spain believed Adam & Eve only happened 10 thousand years later. He was ridiculed and mocked to the time of his death.

When History carbon dated his findings, they were found to be over 35 thousand years old!

Comment

Thats a little vague.
              I mean, they believe Jesus created the universe....when?
              Not all Christians believe a literal biblical account when it comes to "creation".
              Few believe God created everything in 7 days less than 10,000 years ago. Some might.
              The evolutionary biologists on that list for example obviously believe in evolution over millions of years. But you would label them "creationist scientists".

Scientists in general work together regardless of personal religious beliefs.
              I think they would laugh at the notion that science is divided into "mainstream" and "creationist".
              I doubt they regard Einstein etc (non christians) as ..."humdrum yesmons who lacked their pioneer spirit and inspirations".
              They are the very inspiration that fueled their own research and knowledge of science. Its a collective enterprise.
              Yes creationism is vague compared to evolutionary dogma because of that mentioned pioneer spirit, especially compared to evolutionary dogma. Plus, the Bible doesnt tell us exactly when the earth was created but according to genealogy, its likely under 20,000 years old.

Not sure why you say few on the list believe in six days of of creation. I'd say any theistic evolutuonists on the lists were less successful than the others and/or as they could have been which also goes for creationists such as Einstein who could of been much greater had he accepted Christ and not so narrowly depended so much on previous establishments.

Academia, workplaces, and the media are notorious for dissing and blacklisting creationists and intelligent design but yes that very battle has indeed fueled a deep competitive drive for discovery. All things work toward the glory of the Lord
              Last edited by maracho; 07-18-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Yes creationism is vague compared to evolutionary dogma because of that mentioned pioneer spirit, especially compared to evolutionary dogma. Plus, the Bible doesnt tell us exactly when the earth was created but according to genealogy, its likely under 20,000 years old.

Not sure why you say few on the list believe in six days of of creation. I'd say any theistic evolutuonists on the lists were less successful than the others and/or as they could have been which also goes for creationists such as Einstein who could of been much greater had he accepted Christ and not so narrowly depended so much on previous establishments.

Academia, workplaces, and the media are notorious for dissing and blacklisting creationists and intelligent design but yes that very battle has indeed fueled a deep competitive drive for discovery. All things work toward the glory of the Lord
                You called Einstein a creationist? But also say he didnt accept Christ.
                I thought a creationist believes that Jesus created the universe?
                How would accepting Christ of made him greater?

Are you suggesting that those scientists on the list believe the Earth is only 20,000 years old? Including the paleontologists, astrophysicists and evolutionary biologists?
                But they have written books and articles which state clearly they agree with what you would call mainstream science and an Earth billions of years old. Some even criticized young Earth creationism.

Im not sure how Newton and Faraday for example have been blacklisted by the media. They must be 2 of the most popular and celebrated scientists ever.

Id say the competition between christian and non-christian scientists is pretty much nonsense. There is no divide if you realise they actually work together.
                Im not sure how differing religious beliefs would manifest itself as competitive in the scientific field.

Comment

You called Einstein a creationist? But also say he didnt accept Christ.
                  I thought a creationist believes that Jesus created the universe?
                  How would accepting Christ of made him greater?

Are you suggesting that those scientists on the list believe the Earth is only 20,000 years old? Including the paleontologists, astrophysicists and evolutionary biologists?
                  But they have written books and articles which state clearly they agree with what you would call mainstream science and an Earth billions of years old. Some even criticized young Earth creationism.

Im not sure how Newton and Faraday for example have been blacklisted by the media. They must be 2 of the most popular and celebrated scientists ever.

Id say the competition between christian and non-christian scientists is pretty much nonsense. There is no divide if you realise they actually work together.
                  Im not sure how differing religious beliefs would manifest itself as competitive in the scientific field.
                  No, Einstein believed like Spinosa that the earth was intelligently designed by a creator that had no special interests in humans.

In reality, accepting Jesus will fill you with His Holy Spirit (His teacher)

Oh yes there is a great spiritual battle in everyone including you right now. You just dont want to admit it
                  Last edited by maracho; 07-19-2018, 02:43 AM.

Comment

No, Einstein believed like Spinosa that the earth was intelligently designed by a creator that had no special interests in humans.

In reality, accepting Jesus will fill you with His Holy Spirit (His teacher)

Oh yes there is a great spiritual battle in everyone including you right now. You just dont want to admit it
                    When i asked what the difference was between creationist and mainstream scientists, you said creationists believe the universe was created by Jesus.

You then called Einstein a creationist...but also that he didnt accept Jesus.
                    That seems quite odd.

Also, there were a few other questions in my previous post. Such as ...if those scientists are creationists, and creationists believe the Earth is less than 20,000 years old, how can scientists write about an Earth billions of years old, or fossils millions of years old, and clearly argue for the theory of evolution?

As far as "great spiritual battle within us all"...you have purposely it seems, twisted the argument.
                    You said creationists were blacklisted, and this drives a competition between creationist and mainstream scientists...but now you are talking about some spiritual internal struggle.
                    Why would you do that?

Comment

hi... you offer interesting insights in this thread...

i would just like to ask... i was wondering how would you personally define "spiritual" in the first place?

and what exactly do you mean that there is a "spiritual" battle going on somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                      X